International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Transformers, Generators and Electric Motors.
 a question about types of generators
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  03:40:16  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a quick question that I think I will get a better answer by asking people who have done tons of research on this already.

My question is as follows.

Are there any generators (of electricty) that do not have any moving magnets or coils that convert motion (steam engines, water flow, wind, what ever sort of motion to force the generator to create a flow of electrons.)

i await your answers and will continue to look over designs to see if can find something.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - The_Architect on January 28 2013 05:57:39

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

deepcut

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  05:29:13  Show Profile  Send deepcut a Yahoo! Message Send deepcut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Googled :

generator with no moving parts

and i got some answers.

I like the sound of this one :

All the best,

DC.

Experience is a hard teacher. It gives the test first and the lesson afterward.

Edited by - deepcut on January 28 2013 05:29:44
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  06:06:10  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok not sure where the "can" that was floating in between my question, and the statement about my awaiting your answers, but I removed it to avoid any confusion.

Edited by - The_Architect on January 28 2013 21:08:21
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  06:11:02  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ugh also I had stated that I can not see how putting two electro magnets in proximity of each other and not letting them be drawn together will generate power let alone extra power, and that I obviously may have missed the point of the link, so any clarifying is greatly appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  08:37:57  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi The tect

In short NO other than lighting but come to think of it the earth is a magnet and it is spinning so NO.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

deepcut

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  12:58:46  Show Profile  Send deepcut a Yahoo! Message Send deepcut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well there are chemical reactions, there are some interesting batteries in the free FE book :

That ebook gets updated on a weekly basis.

DC.

Experience is a hard teacher. It gives the test first and the lesson afterward.
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  17:02:16  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so then so far no one has tried what I have in mind. still would like to hear from others and what all they have unearthed.

Edited by - The_Architect on January 28 2013 19:06:22
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - January 28 2013 :  17:19:39  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
downloading the book now.

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 30 2013 :  17:24:53  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Architect

The only one that i can think of that directly converts energy to electricity ( other than a battery , of course ) is two disimilar wires ( solt iron and copper ) twisted together and heated. Devices consisting of banks os such wires twisted together and heated by a gas flame were used to provide the high voltage ( 90 to 120 volts ) power to work valve radios in rhe days when mains power was not present / connected to homes.

ron
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 03 2013 :  06:34:18  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
can not remember which thread but I found a site via some links here, that lead to a number of OU designs that two of the designs had something similar to my design, but one aspect was missing, so we will see. still I would like to hear from anyone else who has seen anything that the coils and magnets are not moved in, to generate power.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2