International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 Pancake Coils
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kongen

32 Posts

Posted - November 15 2012 :  13:54:42  Show Profile Send Kongen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi!
Some while back I made motors / generators
I need to get some kind of circuit to run these motors.
My idea is to use them for battery charging.

I would be ever so happy for some help to get a working circuit on these motors.

Thank you very much!

[You must be logged in to see this link.
]
[You must be logged in to see this link.]

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 15 2012 :  14:35:51  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kongen

You have the circuit Just put the 1n4001 diode back across the B & C of the transistor and it will work.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2079 Posts

Posted - November 15 2012 :  14:47:02  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey doug, just for grins, he is trying to hook up several transistors and make the solid state work, i would recommend he makes a coils with just two wires, hooks up a transistor same way he did on the others and see if it fires up, then once ya get it, he can use that as a guide and make the other set up run, he may have something crossed by trying to add other transistors

Skype user name: SD3Txxx
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 15 2012 :  16:00:06  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi SD3T and Kongen

The circuit will work because Kongen just wants a circuit that will work. If he wants multy Tees it is still the same. But he will need to say what is his needs. It can also be run with a reed switch as the trigger but that is up to him

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kongen

32 Posts

Posted - November 19 2012 :  14:55:28  Show Profile Send Kongen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did try a bit, but I have not been lucky yet...
What I can not understand is how to use the circuit when I don't have bifiliar coils.

Thanks!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 19 2012 :  16:08:27  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kongen

Yes you do have bifiler coils. each pancake is part of a bifiler or if you have 20 pancakes?? you have A trigger and 19 power strands.. which is a ???? filer LOL

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kongen

32 Posts

Posted - November 19 2012 :  17:10:18  Show Profile Send Kongen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is only one wire all the way to the end in each of the coils.
I wish it was bifiliar...

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 19 2012 :  20:31:41  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kongen

My fail, one coil will be the trigger and the other will be the power coil same circuit as the ssg. also you may want to add a single pancake coil one layer thick closest to the magnets and use that for a trigger coil and then use the other coils for power. thats my 2 cents

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - November 19 2012 :  23:22:27  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a rather odd setup, never seen anything quite like that. What if you 555 PWM a Mosfet and drove all coils on one half (top or bottom). Then, build a disc for yer little PTO there, with neo's and encircle it with aircore coils like a PMA. It'll spin faster on its outer edge for higher volts. You'd have to cut the "bench" a bit, the stand/holder. I think it'd work though. I'd also consider cutting a piece of pipe end just the right size to slip into air core of the center of the pancake drive coil to store some electromagnetism.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!

Edited by - kcarring on November 19 2012 23:24:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2