International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 Help each other to help yourself grow
 Bata Transistor Matching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - October 02 2012 :  09:56:32  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

This is for all to comment on and all to learn from. The way I was instructed to bata match transistors was as follows.
1. set your digital meter to diode
2. red wire to base (B) of the transistor
3. black wire to emitter (E) and take the reading.
4.black wire to collector (C) and take the reading.

The following is what I had to chose from for my project. I would like you to find 8 transistors that I can use and why you would choose them. There are 56 to choose from column 1 is the transistor number column 2 is the (E) results and column 3 is the C results and I added column 4 which is the difference between E and C. Let everyone learn from this I hope, I know I will

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - October 03 2012 :  16:23:07  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug,

What is "bata match transistors"...???
The 8 ones are the ones with Diff Num..."7"...i think...so what have i learn here...lol

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Edited by - TimberJack on October 03 2012 16:25:20
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - October 04 2012 :  10:13:42  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

Bata matching is getting close numbers as you can. SD has told me that he matches the B to E numbers first then matches the B to C numbers second. But I feel that the difference between the 2 should be also looked at in the selection.IMHO This is supposed to give you a closer switching speed for multi transistor switching.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - October 04 2012 :  16:53:47  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug,
"This is supposed to give you a closer switching speed for multi transistor switching"...
Sound good mate...good to know and thanks for this info...^^

The only multi transistor circuit i`m using at this moment is the Bedini/Cole bipolar one but i`m using other transistor than what bedini uses...
I didnt have the MJL21193/4 ones or that tiny MPSA06 one but it seems to work just fine with the Hall combo...:D

Btw, whats "IMHO"...???

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - October 04 2012 :  18:38:23  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

IMHO In my humble opinion

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - October 04 2012 :  20:51:53  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Doug
I would think that the first number(B&E) should be as close as posible then look at the diff. The difference (high or low) should be even.
B&C will fall into place on their own.

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - October 04 2012 :  21:54:44  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

Thanks for the info on "IMHO"...^^

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2079 Posts

Posted - October 05 2012 :  03:40:21  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i would use the ones from 632 to 634. or ones from 621 to 625 if you did not have enough. beta matching just gives you a little extra edge and making sure multi transistor set ups have a chance at responding the same from transistor to transistor. you also beta match resistor, diodes, length of wire from base connection to base connection when using a buss, also same with connections for emitters. trying to keep all wires the same length, me and doug found by running one long wire from each emitter we had un-even heat, once we ran equal length wires from each emitter to a common connection point, that problem was solved. just another method of trying to get the most out of your build.

Skype user name: SD3Txxx
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - October 07 2012 :  07:45:39  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys

Beta matching efectively matches transistors into "gain groups" , this is also achieveable using "hfe" values . Most modern digital multimeters have a "hfe" setting and matching transistor socket built in.

ron
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2079 Posts

Posted - October 07 2012 :  09:56:12  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, thanks a lot ron, ill check that out.

Skype user name: SD3Txxx
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - October 07 2012 :  14:14:30  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Thanks Ron I just ran all the transistors again and thought you was crazy at first until I got into the number transistors and then BIG changes and when I was done with the inputing it told the story. so here it is and Thanks again Ron. Best transistors are now on top and worst on the bottom.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - October 09 2012 :  16:52:16  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

I'm glad to be of assistance.

BTW..... It's not the fist time ( or i doubt the last time ) that i will be called crazy , so far i guess i've just been lucky enough to convince folk that i'm sane , lol

All the best

ron
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2