International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Power of Nature
 Wind Power
 My wind generator project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 22 2012 :  08:49:27  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is just the first part of my wind generator.
Starting with a small one to see how well a virticle wind generator will work

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - September 22 2012 :  19:51:45  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Panic, panic and more panic...lol
Nice blades...
Good thing about those vertical windgens is that no matter where the wind is blowing from it will spin nicely...;-)
And another good thing is that the gen itself can be 100% weather proof at the bottom of the setup...^^

You must be logged in to see this link.

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Edited by - TimberJack on September 22 2012 19:52:18
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 22 2012 :  23:44:46  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well TJ -for the last two weeks it has been very windy here.So i get the thing all ready for a test spin-and guess what---Not a sign of any wind anywhere.The long grass isnt even moveing--dont that just beat all??/

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Darrell

USA
108 Posts

Posted - September 24 2012 :  00:29:08  Show Profile Send Darrell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TinMan
Maybe the grass is calling your name....
I know I get a call when my gets long LOL

Great build, I will be watching this one closely. It's something that I have been thinking about building for some time now.

Thanks for sharing. "D"
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - September 24 2012 :  05:52:14  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TinMan
Ive been studing these kits and accumulating parts. Should be do-able to replicate the hub type stand, nothing more than a trailer hub that you can pick up from Northern Hydraulics.

Cant wait to see what you come up with.

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 24 2012 :  20:01:57  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darrell-yea long grass in the paddoc lol,but the house block is all cut lol.
MSN- i was thinking the rear diff out of a car would make a great setup for a bigger scale'd wind generator.
Just weld the spider gears,and you would have around a 3:1 stepup ratio to the generator
Then just remove one axle,and you have a solid mounting tube for your ground fixing.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - September 27 2012 :  15:33:57  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL TM, thats the way it goes sometimes...
And how is the build coming along, is it ready for some energy production or does the wind play hide and seek...lol

quote:
Originally posted by TinMan

Well TJ -for the last two weeks it has been very windy here.So i get the thing all ready for a test spin-and guess what---Not a sign of any wind anywhere.The long grass isnt even moveing--dont that just beat all??/

skype-thetinman.69

Edited by - TimberJack on September 27 2012 15:35:17
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 29 2012 :  17:49:46  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TJ
This is unbelievable.I have had it ready for the last week,and we havnt had a breath of wind since the day it was ready to spin.
So as far as wind power go's in my area-blah lol---where's my solar pannels.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - September 29 2012 :  20:44:59  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TM,
That is very funny...
Maybe you should like remove one or two parts form the windgen and see if the wind comes to play again...lol
Yes on the solar panels...if you have both you cant go wrong unless it start to rain with no wind all day...lol

Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - September 30 2012 :  07:44:28  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TM
A rear diff out of a car? That would be HUGE! Put a block between the spiders and run 2 generators.

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - October 03 2012 :  08:02:48  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol-ok so i put the little wind generator up near the house,on the back lawn-as it is up higher,so a little mor wind.
Next morning i wake up to find my wind generator(which is on wheel's)ass up down the bank in my back yard.
Now this is about 30 feet away from where i parked it lol-Guess the wind was realy strong last night lol.
So i dont know about a wind generator-but it seems i have a good land yatch.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - October 03 2012 :  09:16:12  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

A little more wire will solve that problem or you need to go sailing but where will you go??

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - October 03 2012 :  09:22:55  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug
I think maybe a park brake might be needed lol.
I havnt hooked a generator to it yet-i just wanted to see how it would spin.And after 8 days with out a breath of wind,i started to forget about it.Then to awake and find it had traveled half way across the yard ,and rolled over the bank-well lets just say i wasnt happy i didnt see it lol.
But the weather man say's strong winds around the weekend-so i will shoot some video of it-if the winds come.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - October 03 2012 :  16:29:43  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM,

LOL, well...atleast you know the wheels are in good condition...lol
Put gen on it, put DC motor on them wheels and put the gen output to them wheels and away you go...lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2