International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Power of Nature
 Solar Power
 Laminates on stilts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anothercoilgun

140 Posts

Posted - September 02 2012 :  20:12:01  Show Profile Send Anothercoilgun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A quick look at my current setup for solar laminates.

I build a structure for 3 of the 144 watt Unisolar panels. As seen the structure does pivot from east to west but was tied down westward in the video. Finally received my motor to make this a sun tracker. I used PVC for testing because its cheap. After I build it to track I plan to make one or two more using 3 or just 2 panels. These panels are 18 feet, yes eighteen, long. I was sweating my butt off cutting and glue all that PVC together. Great learning experience being my first PVC project.

You must be logged in to see this link. Link to website video

How can you get none youtube videos to show up in a box?

OLD Boy's Bench?

Edited by - Anothercoilgun on September 02 2012 20:26:13

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - September 03 2012 :  09:09:12  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Anothercoilgun

Your setup looks real good, can you post some of your results of what your panels will do in full sun..Good Job

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - September 05 2012 :  00:20:36  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey ACG,
That look's like great !
Sound's like you haven't discovered PVC cutter's yet , they cut PVC like scissors and take's about 1 second to cut a pipe ...
Yeah , if you cut all that PVC with a saw I bet that was be fun , lol ..

If you wouldn't mind posting there performance , I'd like know how well those laminate panel's perform / I've always seen em for sale but, haven't seen a set of them or talked to anyone that was using them .

On the video , I believe this is how it should work
Click the youtube , insert window's media , google media , macromedia , ( whichever you have ) button at the top on the format line , then click your pointer between the command line that should popup in your post , and insert the video link in the middle of it .
I hope this help's , and that I explained it correctly

=============================================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

Anothercoilgun

140 Posts

Posted - September 06 2012 :  16:38:12  Show Profile Send Anothercoilgun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found out about the cutters 1/2 way through. Could of saved me a lot of cleaning up. I thought I needed precise lengths with a power saw, turns out that was a pipe dream. 4 of the laminates and 1 regular 200 watt panel, 776 watts total have only produced 500 watts. This is just laying on the ground flat and no optimum position. The weather was in the 100 F range and reflecting off concrete so that drops the efficiency dramatically. I measured 130 F on the ground! Will run a test again when weather drops some soon.

The laminates perform better under heat that my 200 watt glass unit. I can get 70% out from laminates and 50% out from glass during high heat days.

I tried the link to the file on my website, but just get a dead video player.

OLD Boy's Bench?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2