International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 How To Video's
 How to use n channel mosfets.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  06:39:31  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An easy to follow vidio on n channel mosfet's
INPORTANT-Dont forget the drain resistor to ground on the gate.This insures that the fet switches of compleatly.Around 100k is good.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  07:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
have I got this correct TM ?

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

You must be logged in to see this link.
Facebook: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  09:51:58  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

Thanks it is getting easer with all these videos to learn from.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  19:15:56  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kultus-yes that is correct,a good starting point anyway.Its just a matter of trying diferent resistor values,as with the ssg setups.But dont go to low on the current reduction resistor on the gate-or smoke will follow lol.And of course dont go lower on the grounding resistor that the gate input resistor-or nothing will happen lol

49er-it is good to post vidio's-they seem to sink in better than text.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  20:49:51  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeing is believing...^^

Thanks for the post on them Mosfet...

I also have some NPN & PNP mosfet laying around...time to make a MDF board and play around abit...

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Edited by - TimberJack on August 21 2012 21:04:38
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  22:01:04  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 22 2012 :  07:57:04  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good find Kyle-that says it all

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 22 2012 :  20:40:58  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At KC,
Thats an nice page on them Mosfets...never saw that one before.
Like all those pics and drawing about it...^^

Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - August 22 2012 :  20:55:33  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah its great info i got my slayer running on 96VDC at 5A using zeners. It was psycho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 22 2012 :  21:30:55  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And do you have a link on that slayer of yours running "Psycho"...???

So now we have Kultus slayer running "Over Excited" and now your is running "Psychotic"...hmmm
Something is wrong here...lol

Edited by - TimberJack on August 22 2012 21:33:09
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - August 22 2012 :  22:50:12  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, as I discussed in another thread on this forum... I didn't feel it was appropriate to make a public video of it, because I am not convinced it is altogether what you want to promote, as far as builds are concerned, and the average teenager out there...

It fired up my scanner and actually made it scan (the unit was plugged in though on standby), I could light a fluoro dimly in the next room, or off of bare metal just about anywhere in the basement... very powerful. I may do it again, but at the time, I had the source, many batteries in series, and the current available (given it was batteries). i do however have a transformer that in theory could do the trick too, but I need to get together HV caps for it, mine are only 80V. IRF450's are what i used.

as for the psycho term, i don't know, perhaps that was loosely chosen. It wasn't psychotic, it just really made me think about what sort of EM radiation was coming off of it. but I also know this, when you do something like that.. you are far better to set around it "a load" in other words, do not fire up the exciter and just let it eminate 500 watts of energy, not being absorbed. When one thinks about it, it's not a lot different than a radio tower... and ham radio teaches you, don't get real close to your high power antennae, when transmitting. Similarly the Gauss and Tesla readings on a meter are very low around a Slayer IF AND ONLY IF it is being loaded. Happy exciting, all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - kcarring on August 22 2012 22:56:16
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 26 2012 :  10:02:46  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im thinking they would be good for a pulse motor as they dont need a large amount of current to switch them on.Im thinkin a reed switch to fire up the fet,with a 10k resistor on the gate?-but how to adjust the current to the coil?

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2