International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Transformers, Generators and Electric Motors.
 Build your own transformers, expert info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeffinator

USA
86 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  11:17:45  Show Profile  Visit Jeffinator's Homepage Send Jeffinator a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those of you who always wanted to build your own transformers, here is a guy that seems to know it all, free
You must be logged in to see this link.
Here is his home page, much information

enjoy.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  13:18:20  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jeff,

Nice link & thanks for it...^^
Only thing we need now is a cheap source of the iron laminations...;-)

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***
Go to Top of Page

Jeffinator

USA
86 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  13:59:01  Show Profile  Visit Jeffinator's Homepage Send Jeffinator a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your welcome Timberjack. Maybe one could use epoxy and ferrite powder.
Go to Top of Page

deepcut

United Kingdom
120 Posts

Posted - January 08 2013 :  08:56:57  Show Profile  Send deepcut a Yahoo! Message Send deepcut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for this Jeff, it looks very helpful :)

DC.

I found a version of the radio amateur's book he mentions :

Experience is a hard teacher. It gives the test first and the lesson afterward.

Edited by - deepcut on January 08 2013 09:05:47
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - February 03 2013 :  06:51:28  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
not sure if it will be possible to get this stuff outside the US but you could use Metglass and laminate it up to make super cores, (stuff is either 400 times or 4000 times I can not remember the increment, but more magnetically conductive than nickel iron traditionally used in transformers, and some degree better than pemalloy, but it only comes in paper thin sheets, so you have to spend a bit of time laminating it up, unless you just roll it up :) They do give out free samples, as I have some here, but they are very small, and they will bug you to death for details on what you are using it for, with email after email on the subject. I have not replied to the last 3 and yet I still get one a month demanding an update, on my project. Just a warning. ok they do not export so getting it out of the country would require getting someone to purchase it here in the states and then shipping it for you to experiment with and build with. You must be logged in to see this link. Any one else have any resources like this they could share?

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2