International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Magnetic Motors
 What is concidered to be a magnet motor?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  06:30:55  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to know what everyone concidered to be a magnet only motor.
So we know it must use only magnets,but in what type of configuration?
Dose it have to spin a rotor or shaft?
Dose it have to move a piston like thingy up and down?

If say some one was able to make a steel ball continualy roll around a track useing a magnetic ramp and gravity configuration-would this be concidered an all magnet motor?
Or would it actualy have to power something to be concidered useful and to be a motor?

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  06:55:09  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think in concept, anything that "moves" something with "magnet" power is a magnet motor, even if it is just a steel ball, that is work being done by magnets, obviously if it is only moving a steel ball and not rotating a shaft or anything else that can drive something like a generator, water pump what ever, then it is just a toy for the time being (that is to say until someone works out how to connect such a device to it) and for all intensive purposes useless at that point in time, "again" that is until someone come up with a way to make it useful

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

You must be logged in to see this link.
Facebook: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  08:44:34  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A motor in my mind,
Needs to be something practical otherwise it just isnt a "motor"...;-)
Its has to spin like your rotor, shaft, a beam connected to a piston or run some pulleys and stuff like that...
But these above have to do something at the end of the road to...otherwise it is work but "as in a toy"...lol
Like is that beam driving a piston and is that piston driving some pulleys and are those pulleys for timing or spinning a prop and so on and so on...

A ball going around on a track...hmmm...sounds more like a toy to me...;-)

In other words it will have to do some practical work "being usefull"...^^
Anyway, my 2 cents...lol

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  09:59:55  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok so it would be a toy.
But has any one seen it done?.I mean -word is that it cannot be done-the good old laws of physics say NO WAY.
It is always concidered that a magnet cannot do useful work ??-dont know how they came to that asumption?
Would it be a world first to see a ball rolling around a track-going up hill,then dropping,then going up hill again--until it had reached it's starting point.And then continuing on another lap-useing nothing but magnets and gravity as the fuel.

I do have a good reason for asking these question's

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  11:18:36  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guy's,
I know this is more of a Gravity motor but, I always thought it was interesting ...
I've wondered what kind of use it could be put to other than just something to move until something broke or it was disturbed .
I guess with the rhythmic movement it would make a good perpetual clock movement .

=============================================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  13:38:14  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TM,

Oke, it will be the first if you get a ball running its track without stopping or using fuel or any other input other than magnetic fields and gravety...

That vid K have posted...seen that before...
The owner of overunity.com went to his home and filmed that device running but the owner didnt let it run non stop...
Keep stopping it to give info on it and so on...if that thing is really running non stop there sure isnt any reason to stop it if you want to say something about it...

If i should get my PM to selfrun i wont have to say "%%$^^%*O.o(*^$;-)#"...lol...it will talk for itself...lol

Soooooo TM, wheres that track you`re chatting about...;-)

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  19:07:04  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What track ??? lol

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  19:43:01  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL,

Ahhhhgrrrr, you writen above about it mate...or was that just fiction...lol

copy of your post...
--------
Would it be a world first to see a ===>>>ball rolling around a track<<<=== -going up hill,then dropping,then going up hill again--until it had reached it's starting point.And then continuing on another lap-useing nothing but magnets and gravity as the fuel
--------

Edited by - TimberJack on August 20 2012 19:43:40
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  20:53:01  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Come on Tinman, stop holding out ... what are you hiding ?? lol

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  22:26:54  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TM likes to play hide and seek thats why the Aliens hit him last time he encounter them...lol
As always...just couldnt resist...lol

Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 20 2012 :  23:11:39  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can;t play hide n seek with aliens ... they'll always find you first.... lol

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  01:12:37  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trust me- aliens wouldn't have to try and find me if they came- I would be waving them down, yelling-- I'm here
About the magnetic track thing- all in good time- what's the hurry here? Lol

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  01:50:30  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can just tell by the way your asking you have something up your sleeve... so come get out in the shed.. get it done...come back n show us :D ...lol ... I like your idea of getting around the sticky spot all the others face... I maybe reading too much into what you wrote, but If I'm not, I think your onto something that just might work... even if it is just a "toy" for the time being ....

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  07:40:12  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i concider my magnetic knowlage to be good-in actual fact,probably my storng point in all these toys we make here lol.I am also not to bad at maths.
So after watching some vidio's on these v gate magnet motor's and other magnetic track devices-i seen one problem with them all--the sticky spot.
Magnetic field exist in all metals-wether it be aluminum or s/s.The reason that s/s and aluminum and many other metal's cant be magnetised is because you cannot align the magnetic field within them easly.
A magnet is made simply by aligning the magnetic fields that already exist in the metal.
An example is-take a screwdriver and rub a magnet along it in one direction a few time's(you have just aligned the magnetic fields that were already there) -and that screwdriver will become a magnet.
Now give that screwdriver a good whack with another screwdriver-and it will no longer be magnetised.This is because the shock from the hit has just disaligned the magnetic fields.
Just a bit of useless information there lol.

Anyway-the other thing that anoys me is when people say a magnet cannot do useful work??
Oh so wrong.

Kultus-i know ,you know what im thinking lol or may have done??? lol
So here is what i will put to you all.
If you have a steel ball that weighs 1kg.How much weight would it take to lift that steel ball virticaly?
Well asumeing friction is very low-it would take just a fraction more than 1kg-right?
So now-what weight would it take to lift the ball up to the same hight,but at a 45 degree angle?
Thats right-just over 1/2kg-although the 1/2kg weight would have to travel twice as far.
So we have our incline track set at 11 degree's,our pull force required to get our 1kg ball up the ramp is now about 126 gram's.

This is where mathmatics comes into it.Calculating pull force over distance.
The magnets must be arranged to apply a pull force of 126 gram's on the ball over the length of the track.
So at the bottom of the ramp,the magnets must be placed at a distance to exert a 126 gram pull on the ball.They then must be angled so as that 126 gram pull force is maintained right up to the top of the ramp.]
But the pull force would have to be less than 1kg at the top of the ramp.
So lets say 900 gram's of pull force at the top of the ramp.
So what happens to the 1kg ball if it comes to a hole in the track at the top,and the magnets are only applying a 900 gram pull force??

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  07:55:17  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
only 900.. we fall and around we go again ..tra lalala ...lol :D

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  08:03:24  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol
Yes-and the ball falls through the hole.
But it falls onto another track-set up the same way.And this track is at a 90 degree angle to the last track.
So what happens if you make 3 left turn's??-yes-you end up back where you started lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  08:04:45  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But alas--we know this cant be done,due to the laws of physics and the conservation of energy and bla bla bla

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  08:20:39  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes gotta live by those laws of physics *rotflmao*!!! can;t wait to see this one built, I already thought of 1 way to get useful energy from it too, ... it's falling right ? falling is excess energy .... I'm thinking water wheels ....lol

Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  13:47:46  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well TM,

Hmmm, what i think is that the ball will not pass the first magnet that gives him the pull of 129grams...
You said it yourself, problem is always a sticking point and that is what i am seeing here...
Magnetic field is not dynamic but static...hope i got that right...thats why we always get the sticking point...
But everything is impossible untill its beed discoverd...than its like...its so simple"...lol

Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  18:42:30  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sticking points only exist in the Closed loop like a Wheel, Tinman is going for more of a rail gun type of setup.. it is going to work, I have a lot of confidence in this idea..

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  19:08:53  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ
The sticky point is always at the end of the ramp-not the start.
Biggest mistake is people always go for maximum angle incline,insted of minimum.So at the top the magnets have more pull force on the ball than the ball wieghs.So ball gets stuck.
You only need enough hight to clear the next ramp.
It's like takeing an elivator to the 14th floor,when you only needed to go to floor 9

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 21 2012 :  20:34:42  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oke, i see...
Track or closed loop, that sticky point is always there...yeh i know...hard headed MF...lol
High or low angle it doesnt change the sticky situation and one more thing mate...
How many magnets are on one track to hoist that ball to the end of the track and how long is the track...???

Edited by - TimberJack on August 21 2012 20:35:22
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 22 2012 :  01:02:59  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ideally it would be one big long magnet on either side of the track- ramp
The length of the ramp is determine by magnet pull force and weight of the steel ball

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 22 2012 :  20:35:18  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And those long magnet would be at an angle to the track to get the ball moving...right...???
Because if they are just plain parallel to the track you do know that ball inst going anywhere...
They can be at an angle on the horizontal or vertical plane or maybe both...;-)
I think i`m seeing the light on what you mean with 3 left turns or right turns...whatever side suits you...;-)
Sooo, where the video mate...???...lol

Edited by - TimberJack on August 22 2012 20:37:24
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 23 2012 :  08:53:49  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ
We all ask questions for a reason.Mine is to find out what i should do next.
I have spent much time on everything-except magnets.And this is my strong point lol.
I dont ask questions about something i have already made-i just post the vidio lol.
This is a theory-well it was until today.But as you will see in the vidio posted below-my theory is sound.
The biggest let down is-some one beat me to it-as you will see,the vidio is not mine.I found it while reserching magnetic ramps on youtube today.
So now one has to ask him self-is it worth continueing??? as it has basicly been done.
The only thing is-it's not a complete loop system-but it is half way there.
If one ramp works-then so will 4.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 23 2012 :  09:02:29  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought yours would have had 1 key difference from this one, relating to an extra magnet above, near the hole it falls through ... ??

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 23 2012 :  09:19:03  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine was going to be much the same Kultus.But i was going to put a magnetic exceloration exit ramp below the hole.I am still looking into it-havnt given up on the idea yet.But this vidio shows that a magnetic ramp can be built without the sticky spot stopping the ball.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 23 2012 :  11:48:32  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM,

I say, try it because what i`ve seen in the video is far from being closed loop.
First and most important...
The start and finished angle(height) of each track MUST be the same for one to get a closed loop effect with 3 or 4 or more tracks...
Its not the case in this video so its hard to tell wether this will work or not...
From 2.40 to 2.45 is very good see this...;-)
I aslo think his magnet should be at an sharper angle...hmmm

Only when you have tested 2 tracks where both have the same starting position and same end position(height) and the ball get to the second track hole...
Than you know it can be closed loop...;-)
I`ll see what i can do to test this aswell...space problem though so i think i`ll go for a tiny one with 3 tracks...
Will go and get me some alu stuff at the D.I.Y store...^^

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 23 2012 :  19:13:27  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would be good to have another working on it.The hight of lift would only have to be enough to clear the start of the next track.
Once this is done,we can then work on some sort of rotating device-motor.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 23 2012 :  19:22:52  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes it is, count me in...
I`m gonna start on it this weekend...

"only have to be enough to clear the start of the next track"...this is true...:)

First i got to get my magnets right to get the ball rolling after that its just copy copy and more copy...lol
Gonna do the 2 track test but with both start and finished at the same level(height) otherwise it will be a useless test...;-)

Edited by - TimberJack on August 23 2012 19:23:51
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 24 2012 :  00:27:44  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi bro
The way I'm going about it is build the ramp and get it to work level
Then just keep lifting one end until the ball dosnt make it to the hole
Then drop until the ball just makes it to the hole
If this hight is higher than the ball- we have a winner lol
The one in the above vidio seems to be able to lift a 3/4 inch ball 1 inch

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 24 2012 :  16:38:37  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oke bro,
Done some work on this and heres my input for now...
First, the ball hight isnt a problem mate...got that with a crappy setup ramp with only magnets on one side...
My balls are 13mm diameter...haha...lmao...pitty me...;-)

But i feel that the angle got to be atleast 15 degree...
So 20 or 25 degree would be best BUT after doing some research(looking for my insanity)lol..30 degree would be "Perfect"...
Now can we get one ball rolling uphill on a 30 degree ramp...we`ll know tomorrow...;-)
I personally think its possible with a good balance between a certain mass of the ball and a certain magnetic field strenght and ofcourse the angle of the magnets is also inportant...
Maaaaaan, way to much stuff to take in consideration...lol...and theres more for the later stage...lmao

Are we having fun yet...^^

Edited by - TimberJack on August 24 2012 16:40:56
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 24 2012 :  19:40:13  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My balls are 13mm diameter? lmao
Anyway-cheap comody aside-it sounds like you have managed to get the ball to lift higher than required to clear the next ramp??
Dose the ball drop at the end of the ramp?-if so,then your on a winner.
Could TJ be the first to make a magnetic powered perpetual machine??

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 24 2012 :  19:56:09  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM,

The ball doesnt drop at the end but it sticks to the end...
So i need to stop it and make a hole for it just before that sticky end point...;-)
Otherwise it is looking pretty good...
"Could TJ be the first to make a magnetic powered perpetual machine??"...
Hey dont start with that bro...lol
Lemme do some more test tomorrow and i`ll be 100% sure...

Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 26 2012 :  18:59:47  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM,
Ball goes to the top fast but stay sticky there to...
This is with conventional configuration of them magnets or whatever that is called...lol
Viewed that video again and i think i know now how he got this magnets setup to get that pushing of the magnets without the ball sticking at the end...;-)
Havent don much on it though...been busy replacing my car cam- & crankshaft sensors...lol

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 26 2012 :  19:04:38  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe angle to steep and magnets to close to ball??

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 27 2012 :  06:51:41  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well mate,
In the video he has his magnets at an angle but thay are all paralel to the track of the ball.
I have my magnet straight but at an angle to the track of the ball...lol
But what you`ve written may be true aswell...;-)

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 27 2012 :  09:24:03  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is interesting to note that he has his magnets at an angle like that.
Do you think it has anything to do with magnetic field spin??
Also-what type of magnets are you useing? as in size and shape.
I tried 25mm round ferrite magnets,and i got a coging effect as the ball went up the ramp.
Only problem was,half way up the coging got that bad-the ball she roll no more lol
The magnets must be north on one side and south on the other,or the ball will be slightly repeled if both the same fields face each other.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 27 2012 :  11:25:26  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had them magnets N one side and S on the other.
My magnets are 40mmx 20mm x 5mm...and i set them up in one long line...
Very difficult to get them close to each other but i did squeeze them togheter anyway and use lots of tape...lol
If i dont do that than i have that cogging effect to...
I dont have many of the size mention above but will set them in the same configuration as his and see how it goes...

"magnetic field spin"...that i dont know but i do know that his magnetic field is at an angle if compared to what i did...

Edited by - TimberJack on August 27 2012 11:26:13
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 27 2012 :  11:39:37  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This video show how mine is setup and look at 33 second...this make his ball roll off...hmmm
I think i need to test that part on mine and since i do have alot of rond magnets i may go for thos also...;-)

Edited by - TimberJack on August 27 2012 11:40:15
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 27 2012 :  11:46:34  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another one with exactly same layout as mine but with a hole just before the sticking point..

Oke, got to go to the Lab now...lol

Edited by - TimberJack on August 27 2012 11:47:29
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 27 2012 :  18:02:24  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okeee,
After some time playing with this...here my input on it...
Got the ball to drop at a height of 8mm...ball is 13mm...doesnt really matter and heres why...
As long as the start of the track is higher than the end of the track one could do this...
Make a ramp from where the ball drops back to the starting point of that same track...till here no problemo...
So i have 8mm to drop down from end to start...length not that inportant now...8mm drop is good enough to get that ball back to the starting position.
But because of the above the ramp back to start have to begin at the same height as where the ball is ending wich give me a problem...
If the ball dont drop but slowy start going down at an very small angle back to the starting point it just jump up to my magnets at the end...
So, i have two choices...try get an higher angle where i can drop the ball for 5 to 10mm and than start the ramp back to start or find a solution for the sticky situation of the ball at the end of the track where that small angle ramp back to start begins...
The first options isnt going to be easy but the second one...maybe...
Hope that made some sence...
This is as far i`ll go for now...got to make room for other builds...

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 28 2012 :  10:33:55  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But TJ-you already got more energy out than you put in.
You lifted the ball so high onto the start of the track.So what lifted the ball the other 8mm-and then let it go?
Thats right-those magnets that cant do any useful work lol
Guess they were wrong.
It dosnt matter how you look at it-those magnets lifted that ball 8mm-and then let the ball go.
This is exactly like getting a car to roll up a hill,and then down the other side-Magnets doing useful work.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 28 2012 :  10:52:30  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know what your saying mate...
The magnetic field lifted the ball, thats correct...that is useful work...;-)
But i think what the conventional approche mean by not "any usefull work" is that it isnt practical except for hanging things and stuff on the wall...lol
Its pretty close to get closed loop but pretty close isnt good enough...lol
Maybe i`ll give it another go some other time...;-)

Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 28 2012 :  18:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
once you get a closed loop I will indulge you with a idea or 2 on how to get "useful" work from this ... I have it planned in my head, and I see no reason why you cannot have more than 1 ball running around the track and use the "Fall" of the ball to get energy out ...

Edited by - Kultus on August 28 2012 18:31:33
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 30 2012 :  08:09:45  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i'll be bugged-cars rolling up hill lol-and i was only jokeing--but look,it happens lol

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - August 30 2012 :  08:16:35  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw another vid just like this one today, it's amazing, just need to know now the lay of the magnetic lines and we're set :D

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 03 2012 :  07:47:51  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kultus
This just go's to show that mother nature make's the laws of physics--not man.
She holds the secrets to all we would ever need to live a free and wonderful life.But man is to *Not So Smart* to see the answers she shows us.
I would say that mans understanding of physics is what is holding us back-not because it cant be done.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

mehran4868

79 Posts

Posted - September 06 2012 :  02:34:11  Show Profile Send mehran4868 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TinMan and All,
a few days that I think to one other form of magnetic motor.
as we know that, magnets have a force and force alone will not make the move permanently.
In a closed loop, we must use one other energy apart from electromagnetic energy in there to have rotating permanently.
I think the best kind of energy is kinetic energy that can be used here,
This means that the rotor moves part of the track of stator with the magnet and the other track with the force of gravity.
i think this kind of motor can not be used the circular rotor and must be use pendulum rotor here.
I've done a preliminary design.

should be noted that, The rotor axis is parallel to the ground, If it be perpendicular to the ground, the motor does not work.
Regard
Mehran

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination "Albert Einstein"

Edited by - mehran4868 on September 06 2012 03:22:40
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 08 2012 :  20:29:32  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi mehran
This is an interesting design.
Are the gate magnets in attraction or repulsion mode>?

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

mehran4868

79 Posts

Posted - September 09 2012 :  02:45:26  Show Profile Send mehran4868 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TinMan,
The attraction or repulsion is not important in this kind of motor because the rotor is not magnet,
The rotor has an iron bore. See to magnets arrangement,(in extensive drawing of stator)where the magnets are far apart, force is too low, and where the magnet is too close, force of magnets is high, This change increases linearly.
that means is the attractive force of the magnets on the rotor increases linearly and for this reason the rotor should moves. I'm currently working on this project, in the process of designing and calculations. can be happy when i know your comments and experiences about it and I appreciate all of you dear friends.

Regard
Mehran

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination "Albert Einstein"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2