International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Power of Nature
 Solar Power
 Grid Tie Inverter 250
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - August 10 2012 :  10:41:02  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

This is the newest add on to the solar. It is a small grid tie inverter just to see how it works, how well and if you can run off battery power as well. It runs off 12 volts (10.8 to 30.0) very big range. The big thing is that it is a plug and play system so I can run it in the barn to supply the house with power which is cool. I am posting the spec sheet that came with so all can see if they would to start there solar setup with out batteries just go straight to the house current. This would be a cheep way to start and see fast results. The info says it will work with wind gen as low as 20 watts so that tell me solar is the same and will work with a small panel as small as 20 watts. More to come as I learn.

Enjoy

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 10 2012 :  21:21:44  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

Damn, thats a large sucker...lol...but its easy reading though...^^
Thanks for it...;-)

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - August 11 2012 :  13:20:13  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

How do I make it smaller??

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 11 2012 :  19:47:47  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

The pics are 2420x3328 pixels...massive...lol
If you have a simple photo program just make them 70% smaller but if you dont have that option...
Change their pixels size to 726x998 pixels...this is 30% of their original size and its a good size...;-)
I`ve downloaded on of the above pics and tested it myself...^^

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - August 11 2012 :  22:11:55  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

Thanks it works

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Anothercoilgun

140 Posts

Posted - August 12 2012 :  18:17:48  Show Profile Send Anothercoilgun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked up a similar but at 500 watts. Same input voltage rage as I was using 12v solar system. Now that Unisolar bit the dust and their stock is on the cheap to bulk buyers, I can get Unisolar panels at $1.25 a watt including shipping of the BAY. (Get-em now while the getting is good). Now I have a 24v system. I tried to connect it to the 10.6v to 30v 500 watter grid tie and as I wish would not happened, it faulted and did nothing. The panels are 43v no load and drop to 28 to 30v loaded. But you cannot trick these grid ties, they reject you instantly if you go out of spec range. Tried to short out the panels and put a super heavy load just to drop the voltage for a second, still does not work. I hope these China grid ties are as rugged as they are strick :)

So I bought a few of the 22 to 60v 600 watters. The damn thing is the same gti as before but with a different label! This tells me they have some sort of adjustable input voltage by resistor ratio, potentiometer, or microcontrolled. Did not see any pots up top and did not feel like disassembling to view the bottom.

As you mentioned about running off a battery. I did that too. Took (2) 12v lawn and garden batteries in series and connected to gti. The status LEDs went mad. I was producing 500 watts! Wattage went down to 0 within 15 minutes. It was not good for my batteries, they got super hot. A PWM between a battery bank and gti would be necessary for health of the battery. The gti is going to consume its max if directly connected to bank until one of them overheat.

OLD Boy's Bench
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - August 12 2012 :  19:05:02  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Acg

My gti will use 20 amps an hour and yours will use 41 + amps and on a 30 amp hr battery it will suck it down REALLY fast you will need a bigger bank of batteries.. If you run 24 volts they can be wired to draw off at 12v and still charge at 24v so your gti will be useful but it will all depend on how big your battery bank is.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - September 01 2012 :  14:55:51  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

The GTI is small but it is doing just what I hoped it would do. my wattage is down to 1 KWH a day from 7 a day. Happy Days

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - September 23 2012 :  19:36:45  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Well I got my first bill from the power co and guess what the KWh went down a lot. the average was 6 to 7 hrs a day and is now down to 2 a day so just one GTI is worth a lot. The bill read 15.00 for 62 KWHs and update next month.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2