International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Concept Ideas
 Gadgeman Groove
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 24 2012 :  11:27:39  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

This is some of the info I acquired at the Bedini conference this year. The first of this is called the Gadgeman Groove and its is to give you better gas millage on ANY motor. The clams are from a min. of 20% to 35% and higher. Of course we heard of 100+ MPG but he said 35 to 50% is very possible. This is a business for all you back yard mechanics in it he will show you how and why's of making a car to go on little gas. The deal is that you all can do it with a few simple instructions and it won't cost you 400.00. I would have put this in the how to video section but I haven't done it yet. So until I or we do I will just post this and some pic for now. Read up on his site and here is the link.
You must be logged in to see this link.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 24 2012 :  12:40:25  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ALL

Here is a look at what the final groove looks like. Also what the tool that he uses looks like for his dermal tool.

I have a video of him making a groove and questions being asked to him but photobucket won't up load the video so working on that for now will post it when I find a way to do that..Dummy me

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 24 2012 :  18:40:52  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

This video is by request only. Send me a PM and I will send you a link and thanks for looking.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - July 24 2012 :  20:14:00  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess it will become clear as to what is being done in the video. I looked briefly at the site but could not determine what the mod was. I know cars as that is my job so I am particularly interested. My 88 GMC will make a good testbed to mod. Its old but trustworthy and shouldn't mind a boost in mileage. The wife will probably not let me near the 08 Yukon though! :)

al

* Not following the manufacturer recommended specs * ON PURPOSE!
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 24 2012 :  21:03:15  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

I will give you all help I can remember but it is simple.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 25 2012 :  08:23:10  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ALL

If we all tackle this we will need a burr to alter and if you find one please post with a before and after pics and where to buy one. One important thing you use a business card to hold the throttle plate off the idle spot and that is where the groove is put. Also push the plate down against the plate very hard so that it is held in place. Hope this helps

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - July 25 2012 :  14:58:35  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er . I see. This is problematic to me. I would love to here him explain more about how it is supposed to affect fuel mileage. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 25 2012 :  15:13:01  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

What this does is increase the vacuum of the motor which will make it (the vacuum) have more pressure. 28 to 29#. As you know any thing above 24# turns a liquid into a vapor and that is the reason for the groove. Also you should change your PVC to the front or ahead of the throttle body, just drill a hole and tap a barbed plug and hook it up to it and put a cap on the old PVC port, thus increasing the vacuum after the TB Hope this helps

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - July 25 2012 :  16:28:31  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er. Interesting. when under normal driving conditions a vehicle opens the EGR and recycles some of the exhaust back through the engine. This would seem to negate the groove when running highway speed. I am interested to learn more about this mod. Thanks for the additional info.

al

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 25 2012 :  17:04:23  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

Also there is the high and low pressure valve that gives you your atmospheric pressure that compensates with a splash of gas maxing it richer at higher altitude but ail I know is that you can change the one line to in front of the TB again to raise the vacuum

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - July 25 2012 :  20:26:57  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
I would think they are also leaning the air/fuel mix .
Are they changing the venture angle on the plenum or just the idle air mix ?
With the throttle plate taken off and the butterfly valve removed then it could be ground like a three or more angle valve job .
I'll definitely need to find a donor throttle plate to try this on .
This reminds me of Ford's variable venturi carb , it got awesome gas mileage but, it's problem was it was very fickle . The VVC created more vacuum also, thinned the mix a bit , people claimed 60+ MPG .

=============================================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 26 2012 :  14:38:30  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

I have never heard of that carb but it sounds like the same thing, more vacuum. I am trying to talk my Buddy at the car lot to do one for him to try out, a nice little 4 cylinder junker. But he is still thinking as I take 6 more of his bad batteries home to rejuvenate. GEE let me think do I have a lot of hair brained ideas that don't work HUMMMM.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - July 26 2012 :  21:05:11  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er
Is the grove above or below the butterfly? I must see it. Because above would change throtle angle more air flow which the comp will compensate for. Just moving the PCV valve above the the plates alone will give you higher vacuum because the PCV is a calibrated vacuum leak.

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 26 2012 :  22:41:22  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi msm

The groove is on the engine side not the air box side. Yes the PVC will give the engine more vacuum and if you want to see how it is cut in just send me a PM and I will send you a link..

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - July 27 2012 :  11:06:41  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
I couldn't tell much from the video ...

Something did come to mind though , when you choose a vehicle make sure it's not one of the few model year's of a several different vehicles that used Speed Density , they would require a special chip to be burned ... I remember Chevy had a couple in the early 90's . Ford also had a few if I'm remembering correctly .. I'm unsure of other manufacturer's ATM but, I'm pretty sure several different one's used it .

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 27 2012 :  18:17:57  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

I didn't know about that tec from the 90's. Never heard of it then..LOL can you quote a car that used it so I can research it.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - July 27 2012 :  21:57:54  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK Guys
I think I got this.
A relief cut or back cutting the throttle bore below the plate will allow more air flow at a lesser throttle opening. Just like Kudzu example of a 3 angle valve job, remove the excess to let more air in and around the plate. A lower throttle % angle will give you more vacuum. Kudzu I don’t think it will mater what system its used on the theory should hold true. The big question is how will the computer will interpret the information.

—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - July 27 2012 :  23:25:52  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er & msmj,
One model that come's to mind (that you probably wouldn't find to modify anyway but, wouldn't like the change) 1993 Chevy Camaro ... There are other model's that use the same setup ...
Those model's had a set speed density program that needed the E-prom changed to modify anything to do with Cam or Air intake ... Although most of the speed density vehicles can be modified with the formula changed with a scan tool ... There are a few model's that would be a pain to modify ... I was just trying to give a head's up of something to check before 49er picked a vehicle off the car lot to modify .

Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - July 28 2012 :  05:35:45  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kudzu
You may be right there. My 88 T-Bird tolerated just about everything I threw at it until I changed the cam. Then I had to convert to a MAF sensor and an after market computer before it would even run.

—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 28 2012 :  08:51:29  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I have seen the computers of at least 15 cars change after they were driven a short distance. The groove was installed to a bunch of cars and trucks with a diesel and they still worked without any problems. That was on the first day and I didn't count for the second day but the line was much larger.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - July 28 2012 :  16:53:05  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,
Yeah most all vehicles went to Mass air flow system's , they should be easier to modify ... Even the speed density model's that can be changed via hooking a scan tool to the port under the dash shouldn't be very difficult ...
All I was saying is if you have a model that need's the E-prom changed it will be a good bit more involved /// You may have to do like msmjr and switch to MAF system since most places that usta burn the custom E-prom chip's don't exist anymore .

Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - July 29 2012 :  22:29:11  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys. If you move the PCV make sure its AFTER the MAF sensor. The slight oil vapor present in the crankcase vent will coat the sensor inside causing it not to meter the incoming air properly. Fords and Mazdas are particularly susceptible to this although it will be a problem on any vehicle that uses a MAF system.

This is still an interesting concept.

al

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 30 2012 :  14:03:43  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

That is a good point glad you brought it up. My buddy at the car lot said today if I get a second throttle body for the car we are going to groove that I can to the experiment with it so no I have to find a car I want to do it to. Going to HF to see if I can find some burrs to make the groove with some time this week.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - July 30 2012 :  19:34:29  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL at myself for not seeing this post before...;-)

Having an old car to do this is the best choice and also keep an spare part at hand or two if you dont get yah groove on...lol

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Edited by - TimberJack on July 30 2012 19:34:45
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2