International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Magnetic Motors
 It all beginnes.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - July 10 2012 :  09:50:34  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of you might remember me as Firiepete, I havent been around for awhile - got sick had an operation and convelesing period. Anyway enough of that Im back now and ready to go again. As previously stated to Tinman and a few others I have built Four solar panels to go onto my roof of my RV. Now i would like to develope somethink to help preserve and repair the Deep cycle batteries. The Bedini seems like the way to go. I have started building a Bedini before i got sick and had a few drames winding a coil. Anyway Tinman helped me with that and then it came to a grinding halt. Anyway i am in the shed again tomorrow so therefore i will hopefully have some progress videos to show you in accouple of days. I will be first making the small Bedini using the Daftmans diagram. Keep your fingers crossed.

Kind Regards Firiepete

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - July 11 2012 :  03:17:43  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Firiepete,
Welcome to IAEC ! Glad your feeling better !
There are several members that use the Solid State SSG circuit to recondition battery's ... They say it work's far better than just the SSG circuit and has very little draw from your source power ... Check out 49er's and SD3T's thread's , Fan's also built some ... They've also been playing with a Tesla switch circuit , IDK about that one though ... I'm getting geared up to try to build a SS SSG myself soon . I'm planning a 2T so, if I fry it it won't cost much to rebuild it ( that's my thought behind that anyway , LOL ) . Just thought I'd mention it if your interested .

=============================================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - July 11 2012 :  03:41:18  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to Have you back Firiepete, Kudzu is on the right track the boys have had great success in the Solid state Bediini's Check them out under the "Solid state devices" threads much reading to catch up on but will be the way to go for a maintenance device to compliment your battery bank. If you start your own thread under this section of the forum as you begin your build I am sure 49er and SD will give you some help and keep you on track with your build...

Once again mate, Welcome back, Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your RV :D

Kult.

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

You must be logged in to see this link.

Facebook: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - July 11 2012 :  05:19:04  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for your comments and i have certainly taken note of your remarks about the Solid State SSG circuit being my best option. I think i will make that my next project. I say next because now I have completed a working Bedini model. This may sound pretty basic to you guys but its my first achievement and I'm pretty excited about it. As soon as i work out how to upload a video from my phone i will show you my build. Another reason for wanting to build this and please correct me if i am wrong - My idea is to have a device that i can run in the RV that will maintain the batteries as well as charging them as well - thats my plan anyway do you think that is doable. This would be great for free camping sites you could also use this in areas were you cannot use your normal 3KVA generator due to noise etc., Im off now to learn how to put my video on here bye for now
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - July 11 2012 :  07:42:22  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great can't wait to see your Vid Pete, If you have a solar panel you will indeed be able to charge your batteries or if you have to separate banks you can transfer charge from 1 bank to the next with extremely small losses, There is much misconception about the SSG and the Bedini motor, and a devices the John Bedini has claimed to have had some time ago (I say "claimed" without any malice he very well may have that is why we are all here lol...) there may well be a way to "gain" "extra" energy from one of these motors, but thus far no one I know of has done so, To charge your batteries you will need a source weather Solar a second bank or other form of generation.

Hope that clears things up for you, don't want you building a device and living in the dark through misconception -no pun intended :D

Kult.

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

Facebook: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - July 12 2012 :  05:10:01  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Pete and welcome back
Although the solid state is a good device-it dosnt have spinny things like the ssg pulse motor lol.
I mean you could bolt a fan blade to it to keep you cool while it charges the battery's lol.
Oh and not to mention you can hook an LED to the trigger coil without loseing any power conversion.
Maybe even drive the water pump for the fish tank-although i dont know how a fish tank would go in the camper.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - July 12 2012 :  18:25:03  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Pete,

Glad to hear that your doing oke now and that your back...:))

At TM,
"Maybe even drive the water pump for the fish tank-although i dont know how a fish tank would go in the camper"
Everything is possible...if you can think and imagine it...it can be done.lol

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - July 20 2012 :  08:42:10  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I have a few batteries waiting in line for maintenance so i am going to make another Bedini mainly because i like the spinny things. If i make one with two coils can i connect them to one circuit or do they need a circuit each and separate run and charge lines.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - July 20 2012 :  19:37:46  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Pete

How big are your batteries,how many strands of wire and what ga (size) then you need to put up with the noise of the wheel. SS SSG is very quiet and is 30% more efficient than the wheel and in Tesla mode we don't know yet but a lot more, maybe another 30%. We have been reconditioning T105 golf cart batteries for over a year and doing very well, but you have to decide so do your homework and look at both styles and see what fits your budget and room.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - July 21 2012 :  11:52:50  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Doug i will study the ss ssg a bit more and decide.
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - August 15 2012 :  06:42:48  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I have been in Adelaide for a while on holidays - hence my break. Before i left i was trying to work out how much power my ssg was producing and blew up my first multimeter. Lucky it was a cheepy. I guess I need to get hold of a Oscilloscope, or is there any other way to measues the current produced. Oh and by the way my ssg was running the whole time i was gone (three weeks).
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - August 15 2012 :  06:49:30  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When i built my ssg I followed the Daftmans video using the same Video Hedrom motor housing for my rotor and it works great. Is their any similar videos for the build of a ss ssg. I found the Daftmans video really easy to follow especially for a novice.
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - August 15 2012 :  22:32:45  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Pete,

Holidays are the best...^^
The Daftman videos are awesome for beginners and also for guys like me who are very visual orientated...;-)
I havent seen anyone else with videos like that...nope...
Your SSG run for 3 weeks, thats cool...how effecient is your ssg...???
It has to have a good ratio of amps draw versus amps going back into the source battery...;-)

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - August 24 2012 :  06:15:24  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay guys i think im a little off the track with my thinking. Previously i thought i could maintain my batteries as well as charge them with a ssg. I now know I use the ssg to desulfate the bateries. I read somewhere if you use the ssg to much on a battery you can destroy it from the high voltage spikes. So therefore for charging my batteries in the RV during inclement weather or when parking in the shade i think i need to look at building a small generator to do this job. Probably one i can run inside or just outside. What do you think guys.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - August 24 2012 :  07:31:32  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Pete
Some may disagree with this,but this is and has been proven by many what happens to a led acid battery when chargeing with high voltage pulses.
The easy way to explain it is like this.
Look at your badly sulphated battery as a piece of rusty metal plate.
Now look at those high voltage spike's as a sand blaster.
If you sand blast that rusty plate-it will soon look nice and new again-all the rust has gone.
But if you keep sandblasting-you will eventualy blast straight through that plate.
This is what happens when useing high voltage pulses to continualy charge your battery.
The time it takes to completly blast through your battery plates-depends on how much current those high voltage pulses have.
So the idea is to blast until your metal is shiney,and not to keep blasting once you have a good surface again.
Then switch back to dc charging.Once now and then ,give the battery a charge or two with the high voltage spikes to keep the plates free from sulphate.

Now as far as a generator to charge your batterys go's-well that is up to you.
Keep in mind that solar pannels will still charge when cloudy-just at a lower watt rate.
The infared spectrum will pass through clouds,and your solar pannels will still charge.
An example with good pannels--I went to visit our solar shop,and they have a 1.5kw system(grid tied)and the meter in clear view for potential customers to see.
It was raining preaty heavy when i was in there ,and the 1.5kw system was still putting 1.32kw back into the grid.So that is not to bad at all.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

everetti

USA
6 Posts

Posted - June 30 2016 :  09:11:44  Show Profile Send everetti a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Posted - June 29 2016 :  22:26:37           hi guys, new member here. I have watched many YouTube videos showing the different magnetic motors and their exposure as frauds. what never changed for me was the concept of using magnetic forces to attract and repel. I was just driving down the road and thought of the motion of the engine. the pistons compress the fuel air mix and a spark set off a explosion that drives the piston away. this action when used in many different configurations has been very successful when creating motion. 
now.... consider having cylindrical magnets polarized down the length top to bottom... side a attracts ..side b repels.. place them in a piston like harness but with a twist. have two sets of them... have the center of the engine the focus point of the attraction. attraction pulling them together... then SPIN them to their repelling side to push back out!
used in a series they would function as a motor.
I conceived of it but do not have the engineering knowledge to attempt it. the idea is to have the bottom of the magnets attached to the crankshaft on a moving platform that drives the generator and a second set of gears(?)attached to the top that can spin the magnet to the repel side. again with only my imagination I can only visualize the motor not build one.

Jenn Spencer

Jenn Spencer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2