International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 Help with AC connections
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  09:44:13  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi folks,
Anyone can help me out here to undersatnd what KC mean with his comment on my PM video.
I went to the page but like always dont really get it...get it.LOL

Heres what he wrote...
====================
If you take one side of the raw AC and send it to the bulb, and then continue a wire from the other side of the AC bulb onward...#65279; and then directly take the other side of raw AC (you now have two AC wires, one with the lamp in series, on it...) then parallel a TRIAC (two opposing thyristors with gates attached) across the AC lines.
====================
Heres the link You must be logged in to see this link.

Thanks...^^

You must be logged in to see this link.

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  10:04:42  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mmm-maybe a dimmer switch?If you put a varister(pot) insted of a set resistor,this might work-or there might be smoke lol???

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  10:08:34  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi TJ

i think this link will help :-

ron
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  10:13:33  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At Tm,
Dimmer switch or set resistor...isnt that like shorting tthe output out???
What is a test resistor anyway...time for google...

At Ron,
Gonna check that page out and hopefully understand what it is.lol

Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  10:20:40  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One quick question, what does "Triacs and SCR"do in a circuit.
Would it regulate my output source even better than the last video?

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  12:09:36  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

the SCR ( Silicon Controlled Rectifier ) is basically a diode that, once triggered cannot switch off until the main power source either drops below the SCR dropout point ( AC supply ) or the main power is itself switched off or removed( typically DC ). On an AC supply the SCR switches off each time the the voltage passes through the zero volt line ( so is acting as a half wave rectifier )and needs to be retriggered before it will conduct current again.

The TRIAC is basically a bi directional SCR ( ie conducts on both + and - phases of the AC supply ) it also switches off when the AC voltage passes through the zero volt line and likewise also needs to be retriggered before it will conduct current again. TRIACS are normally only used on AC .

ron
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  16:04:35  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ron,

Thanks for your input on those two components "nice and short" i think i get it now :)
So why would i want to use that on my AC output, thats my question.lol
It seems to me like these two works like fload gates...as long theres enough energy it will flow till it drops to a certain level...

I will order some of those components just to see what will happend when i connect it/them on the AC output.

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 25 2012 :  09:07:27  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Test resistor TM ??-I did say set resistor lol
Replace that with a pot-say 1k and see what happens??-if there is smoke,dont forget to get it on camera lol.
But try not to burn that beautiful pulse motor to the ground lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - June 25 2012 :  10:14:12  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did i wrote test resistor???...ima con(fuse) now.lol
Putting a pot on it will just limit the amp draw when tuned.
I did that with an 300vac .33uf cap...i put it in series on one line out(lol) and the draw went down to around 80/85ma...and the leds inllumination went down just a tiny bit...

Will play with it abit more(caps/resistor) to see how low i can get that amp draw to go without them leds going out or crapy lighting.

Nah, i wont burn it down...that only happends to the ones that have/had an overunity device just before they want to show it in a conferance.LOL

quote:
Originally posted by TinMan

Test resistor TM ??-I did say set resistor lol
Replace that with a pot-say 1k and see what happens??-if there is smoke,dont forget to get it on camera lol.
But try not to burn that beautiful pulse motor to the ground lol.

skype-thetinman.69

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 29 2012 :  02:52:52  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No No-i mean on that circuit you posted that you wanted help with.Put a varible resister were the set resistor is and that may give you varible current from the scr setup-idk lol.
Ah forget all that-just plug it into the main's lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TimberJack

824 Posts

Posted - June 29 2012 :  06:27:07  Show Profile Send TimberJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A pot heyyy, hmmm...i could do that to...that could work aswell and like you said i can play with it to get less amp draw at the most output.
Well, you didnt wrote that but...anyway...
But will it work on AC current...lol...idk...nvm...i`ll just put it in there and see what happends.lol
You know me...plug and burn.lol

I dont have the src and traic yet mate but i will burn some when i get them and hopefully get that circuit working...lol
You and your main.lol...

Edited by - TimberJack on June 29 2012 06:30:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2