International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 Help each other to help yourself grow
 High voltage through the battery's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 05 2012 :  16:58:24  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok ,this is a vidio that will show that the high voltage spike's do indeed go right through the charge battery's.
I have always had the thought that the battery would quench the high voltage-but as Twally has alway's said and tried to explain-it go's right through the battery.
So-now how do we accurately check how much current is being sent to the charge battery?

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

twally67
Average Member

USA
251 Posts

Posted - June 06 2012 :  23:40:02  Show Profile Send twally67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi TM thanks for the post since i haven't had the time to do any work in a while because of work...lol .
i haven't gotten that far as to actually try and measure the gain or charge in the battery (as far as current)the only thing is voltage on the charge battery.
now as far as how the SSG works here is my understanding:
it works kinda like a 2 stroke engine ...think of the coil as a piston....and the run battery as the crank shaft....and the transistor as the spark plug....and the charge battery as the carburetor...and electrons as the fuel and air mixture...
now as the run battery powers up the coil (think of the piston in the engine under compression)and the coil fills up to capacity then the transistor switches off (like a spark plug firing) extending the HV spike thru the charge battery applying a positive static charge thru the battery . now when the spike collapses (and it does) it creates an electron vacuum inside the charge battery drawing free and loosely attached electrons to the negative side of the battery (kinda like how the down stroke of an engine draws in fuel and air to prime itself for the next compression) replenishing the electron losses till the battery if full...that explains why a 12 volt battery can climb to 16 volt (or higher) when charging it by this method and do no real damage ...but try charging a 12 volt battery to 16 volt conventionally....you destroy the battery...
that is why i have always said "the ssg as a device isn't charging the battery ,,it is actually creating the condition inside the battery to recover it self,,look at the battery not the ssg....

sometimes meltdowns though kinda $$ make the best inspirations!!!

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 07 2012 :  01:37:01  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Twally
Im with you on the electron flow,as this is how i work.I do not use conventional current flow when designing circuit's-how ever i dont say much about that,as you would have sen the flack i cop'd on teep when i did mention useing true current flow lol.
I am in the middle of makeing another vidio that you may want to see-wether you will like it or not i dont know -after watching your last vidio as we seem to have another diferent outlook on the ssg again lol.But this time i will be doing the test as we go-so i would realy like your input about it.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - June 15 2012 :  17:12:41  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TinMan

Just watched you video , highly informative as usual.

I believe the reason the neon lights up when you take / disconnect the jumper away from the two batteries is simply that the batteries have such a low internal resistance that they effectively become " pieces of wire " . The absense of a load on the coil simply allows the voltage to rise to a sufficient level to strike the neon. When the batteries are connected ( as a charge load ) the voltage never rises to much above the battery voltage.

Repeat your experiment but use a resistor in series with the neon ( about 100,000 ohms ) and a small value capacitor ( about 0.01 uF , rated at least 500 volts ) in parallel with the neon.

If its conventional current the neon will flash

Please note you will need to use a neon which does not already have a "built in" series resistor

ron
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 18 2012 :  22:01:34  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron
I know most of the high voltage is brought back down to just above battery voltage
But there must still be a small amount of high voltage going through the battery
The reason I say this is because the battery's desulphate
I have tried a pulse system with just 13.8 volts- and no luck
But when using a higher voltage spike(70 volts plus) the battery begins to come back to life
I am with you on the spike being only conventional current- always have thought that, but I do believe a small part of the high voltage spike dose make it through the battery
But in saying this- I don't believe there is any energy from the vacuum as they say- just the normal effect from a collapsing inductor

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - June 19 2012 :  03:16:00  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TinMan

I would agree with your comments 100 % , it does seem necessary to have the voltage spike to desulphate the battery , however it also seems that the pulse frequency also plays an important role ( 8000 plus pulses per second seems average )

ron
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 19 2012 :  04:08:06  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calculating---6 magnets on rotor?-that would mean 80,000 rpm.Mmm -one would want some strong glue lol

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - June 19 2012 :  10:27:17  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron ,TM

I am still doing D&C on my T105's and are charging at .65 KHz at the start and it goes up to at the end around .84 KHz according to my meter. Just food for thought.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - June 19 2012 :  17:13:37  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

Intresting , would you happen to have a current reading at those frequencies ?

ron
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2