International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Power of Nature
 Solar Power
 49er
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - December 09 2011 :  05:42:44  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thiswould be a topic 49er could certanly lead the way in.
49er could you get this section going with your pics and info on the system you have on teep if you get the time
oh and the wind section aswell lol
cheers

Remember-when you make a mistake you have just learned how not to do it.This only brings you one step closser to success.The only way to fail is to never try

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - December 31 2011 :  12:00:08  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi SD

I will see if I can but up on My solar thread

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - April 09 2012 :  07:51:33  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er I would also be very interested in looking at this as dream of mine is now to be off the Grid
Cheers Firiepete

A wonderful future in relationship to free energy is just around the corner together we can make it happen
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 12 2012 :  16:00:23  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi FP

You do have to start with what you can afford but starting with some car batteries and a small inverter and may be a solar panel will teach you a lot and which way you might want to go.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - April 28 2012 :  12:13:13  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er
As dumb as this may sound(or i may be lol)when they say a solar pannel is 80 watts,dose this mean it will put out say 4 amps at 20 volts in good sun light? or do they mean something else,like 80 watts of power over a given time?

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 28 2012 :  13:03:50  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

When a panel is rated for 80 watts you can divide working voltage by watts and get amps. 12v into 80w = 6.66 amps same as a higher voltage as 24 or 36 or 48. they make panels in all sorts of voltages.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - April 28 2012 :  20:28:59  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cool -thanks 49er
Just needed to know as i have just started building my son's electric cart as im over buying fuel lol.
Now i can calculate the size pannel i will need to run the cart in day light without draining the battery's or ever having to plug them in to charge them.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 28 2012 :  21:44:17  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

Send pics

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2