International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Solid State Devices
 Ron Brandt / Tesla Switch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

benz247

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  08:35:57  Show Profile Send benz247 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone help with suggestions,
or point out any potential problems before i build this ?

here is a quick sketch of what i`m planning to do -

I have all the materials and can`t wait to build it!!!! : )
Just don`t want to run it to serious problems or even worse - end up in big cloud of smoke

any advice would be much appreciated

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

benz247

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - May 10 2012 :  08:52:48  Show Profile Send benz247 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
& here`s a picture of where i got the circuit diagram-

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  06:48:09  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi benz247

Look like nice setup, what is your result is it working?
Itís been a while since you post your circuit?
I wish that everything is ok.

Ehsan

Ehsan

"Take the wisdom even from the mouths of the insane"
Go to Top of Page

benz247

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  10:06:57  Show Profile Send benz247 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started to build the igbt array placed on a large heat sink and made a pulse toriod to trigger them, now i`ve decided to use them for a large capacitive discharge unit based on John Bedini`s pulse charger patent.

The Ron Brandt/Tesla switch it`s still work in progress,
i could only find 6 x 140v 500amp NPN transistor`s

so i will have to build the four battery version i`ll post more pic`s when i finish building it

thank`s for replying
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  19:40:28  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi benz
Interesting project cant wait for results.Keep us posted
pc
Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - June 01 2012 :  05:25:42  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi benz247

I was working on similar project design by Matthew Jones from energitic forum but he used 4 batterie ,the thread name was use for the tesla switch most of the schematics and pictures has been removed but I can get you the schematic if you want and maybe some pictures.
How you will control the IGBT ?and do you have a circuit for switching the batteries automatically or you you will make the switching manually ?

Good luck

Ehsan

"Take the wisdom even from the mouths of the insane"
Go to Top of Page

benz247

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - April 02 2014 :  06:41:14  Show Profile Send benz247 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well here`s a picture of my progress so far

no results as of yet!
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - April 02 2014 :  20:00:10  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man!
Good looking setup.
cant wait to see what this baby can do.
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - April 02 2014 :  20:02:18  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it still the same design as the schematic above?
Go to Top of Page

benz247

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - April 03 2014 :  08:36:19  Show Profile Send benz247 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, the current setup uses transistors not igbt`s & are turned off/on via individual opto-couplers using each tansistors collector-current to base, like a crude switching diode but not like a SCR. To save alot of time and effort for other people interested in the circuit drawing i posted has been deleted because it does not work. I`ve been testing various different configurations/arrangements for the past 6 months with no luck yet !
But if i do have any promising results i will post a circuit diagram

Edited by - benz247 on April 06 2014 10:39:36
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - April 03 2014 :  11:19:55  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When you going to try it out?
Go to Top of Page

benz247

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - April 19 2014 :  13:50:19  Show Profile Send benz247 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is my current setup i`m testing & i think it`s the best configuration i`ve come up with as of yet !!!!

I`m testing with a transformer but i think it needs to be a reluctance motor
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - April 20 2014 :  17:10:06  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Benz247

Seeing your circuit and switching sequence reminded me of this circuit :-

at JLN labs website

The Callanan's Infinite Power Supply (IPS)

See what you think

ron

Edited by - ron_o on April 20 2014 17:14:26
Go to Top of Page

benz247

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - October 12 2014 :  17:28:09  Show Profile Send benz247 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update on my progress so far. About a week after the last post
One of the large transistor`s blew & it`s been very hard to find another matching one,
so the project has been gathering dust.
So now i`m slowly putting together a bigger & hopefully better test machine ?
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - October 25 2014 :  16:23:05  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any updates?
Go to Top of Page

ave2

12 Posts

Posted - November 05 2014 :  13:18:32  Show Profile Send ave2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't take me wrong, i pretty much want you to succeed. I see a lot of work done, and i think it is well done. But what is tesla switch? Essentially it's just a way to switch the batteries or capacitors, when charging from each other. By itself it provides nothing more. I think experiments of charging one capacitor from the other, should be done first.

Otherwise it's like making a synthesizer, when we still don't have working oscillators or filters. I'm a beginner myself what concerns the overunity stuff, but then i should honestly say that sometimes some other beginners make me complete nuts. They always go to study some other things, to "not go wrong", and from there they never come back. How then can they be sure that in these things which are "well established", there is nothing wrong?
Go to Top of Page

sac

Indonesia
34 Posts

Posted - November 05 2014 :  20:10:28  Show Profile Send sac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about trying with high current rating car relay first? The relay driver consumption should be ignored.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2