International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Electric vehicles
 Juniors electric cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  05:46:18  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it seem'd this was a much wanted catagory,so i will kick it of with my son's electric cart project.

The plan here is to stop haveing to go to the servo and buy fuel at a $1.55 a ltr for my son's fuel guzzling machine's lol
It will have a 24 volt 1hp motor (i know,not very powerful)with 2 deep cycle 12 volt battery's hooked in series with a solar panel on the roof to keep the battery's charged while he isnt useing it.

I have just completed the 24 volt 40 amp speed controller as pictured bellow.

Next will be to build a light weight frame,oh and aparrently it has to be a double seater lol.
I had planed on getting back into the HHO system and i also have a new pulse motor half built with a new circuit-but some time's family must come first.
But the good thing is-it's something i like doing lol.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  09:35:16  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

Looks like a great start Where did you get the controller and why did you select it? If your going to run 2 people in the cart that will be more weight than 4 batteries will handle for a given time 8 would be better. Every time I open my mouth you end up making it larger and heaver and now more power. I will be quiet Have fun

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  14:03:52  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah 49er,
It would get to the point of being a electric golf cart with panels on the roof ..
Hey come to think of it that wouldn't be a bad retrofit use of an electric golf cart ( strip all unnecessary weight off , who need's a fiberglass body anyway ) .. My cousin buy's junk cart's and put's a lot of work in them to run them a while then sell's them but, he's into gas one's ATM ... Maybe I could get him to keep an eye out for electric one's at a great price . He was into electric one's years ago but, ran through a ( deeper than he thought ) mud puddle and fried the controller , that's why he went to gas one's ..
How hard would it be to run the power from the solar panel through a small 10T or 15T circuit like 49er's and pulse charge them every time it charges .

Tinman, If he's gonna run it in rain/puddles waterproof everything you can with all electronics high and dry .

=============================================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  14:39:03  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

That could work and work for you just finding the cheep cart. LOL They don't make one

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  18:05:58  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er
I got this controller from altronic's,and this one dose everything except cook your breakfast lol.
This one is completely programable and uses IC's to do all the measuring.Not only dose it adjust the pulse width but you can adjust the frequency aswell to tune the motor to resonance. It can be adjusted from 400 htz to 4700 htz.You can also set the voltage and current sent to the motor.It also reads the back emf and adjust the current going to the motor so as to keep a constant speed (like a govener on a diesel motor).This feature also allows you to set the maximum RPM aswell that you want the motor to do.
The unit will handle 57 amp's but they down rate it to be safe.As the motor only draws 40 amps at near stall load,i should be ok-but i can still limit the current to 39 amps,just to be safe.
It can also be used for resistive loads-so what a great pulse unit for my HHO setup.
There is also one other reason i bought a kit-im not smart enough to build one from scratch without the instruction's lol.

Kudzu-funny you should mention the golf cart lol. One of my best mate's work's at the golf club as a green keeper,and they have an old electric/gas golf cart there that has seen better day's. He is going to see if he can score it for me-so im waiting with great antisipation lol.
And yes-there will be water proofing lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  19:31:29  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

That sounds just great. We will have to see it work on the kart and the hho ,very nice

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  20:30:33  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TM
Not that your not smart enough, maybe not brave enough. Afraid of a little smoke. LOL
Yes HHO was the first thing I thought of when I saw the board.
Cool project but which list to put it on, Things that need to be done, Things I want to do or things to do when I have nothing else to do atm. OMG too many wants.

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  05:16:04  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To true msnjr-which one first lol
But anyway-here is the board running the motor i will be useing.I didnt think changeing the frequency would drop the amp draw so much on the motor.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Jet

Canada
129 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  07:02:33  Show Profile  Visit Jet's Homepage Send Jet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TinMan

Well it seem'd this was a much wanted catagory,so i will kick it of with my son's electric cart project. ...

This a great project where son and father can both enjoy. This is a sweet controller board. Looking forward to more on that development!

Jet
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  07:09:24  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks jet
Just waiting for the steel tubeing to turn up,then we can make a start on the frame.
But while im waiting on that i can finish my two new pulse motor setup's.
I may just have found a use for those ferrite cone's found on tv and cpu monitor's

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  08:47:44  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Russ sugested-here is the link for this circuit. I dont see why you couldnt use bigger mosfets to boost the amp output,althogh 40 amp's out is preaty good and this board has a lot of good feature's
The site dosnt list all the features,so here they are
PIC16F88 micro-controller
soft start
speed regulation under load
speed monitoring
4 digit led display
low battery alarm as set by you
Back EMF monitoring
488Hz to 4812Hz frequency adjustment
Pre set top speed as set by you
And rapid shut down
Defently worth the money

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  13:18:53  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

That is a good price for that board. How long did it take to assemble?

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  17:53:03  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er
It take's about 2 hours to do as there is a lot of link's that have to go on the board's first.They supply one of those colorfull ribbons that connect the two boards,but i wanted it a bit longer -so i used some wire insted.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  21:53:51  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So am I to understand each motor has an idea frequency that is a fixed frequency(at least practically speaking) that makes it run most efficiently. You find this by adjusting the frequencies until you get the least amps for the relative speed of the motor. Is this correct?

quote:

To true msnjr-which one first lol
But anyway-here is the board running the motor i will be useing.I didnt think changeing the frequency would drop the amp draw so much on the motor.

Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  23:39:23  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TinMan
Thanks for the link to the board. I found similar ones but not that one.

—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  04:27:56  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi shak
Yes adjusting the frequency made a very big diference to power draw.I tried two diferent motor's and they both had a frequency were they drew less amp's.I set the frequency while the motor's were at max rpm-as junior has a lead foot lol.I will check it again once the motor is under load to see if that changes anything.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  05:41:08  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That makes a lot of sense. I am suprised that it sounds like a relatively new thing they do. THanks TM
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  08:51:00  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steel turned up today-bought two brand new 12 volt 55 amp hour deep cycle batterys.
So with these batterys,and drawing full load (40 amps)we should get atleast an hour run time.
Going to start with gearing to run at 30kph at 2000 rpm-to start with.
Start the frame tomorow

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  09:06:02  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

The batteries that you selected IMHO are not big enough for a hour run. Rule of thumb is AH X 90% is usable or 5.5 amps if you take it below that you will warp the plates at the amp draw I know lead foot will ask. You can go to around 86% on a slow rate but anything below that is sure death. That is why cart batteries are so big and they don't last 25 yrs only about 1.5 to 2 years. Hope this helps before you build.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  11:38:14  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok-now this is where i pay atention lol.
So 90% of 55 amp hours is around 49.5 amp hours
So dose that not mean it will provide 1 amp at 24 volts for 49.5 hours-or 49.5 amp's for 1 hour?.So i am lost with the 5.5 amp bit??
And what is ment by-You can go to around 86% on a slow rate but anything below that is sure death.??
The guy said these batterys could be taken down to 10.5 volts-almost flat,without hurting the battery
I also think the motor would very rarely pull the full 40 amp's
You insit is much needed now lol
Cheers

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  12:09:08  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

I probably said it back wards the 90% is what you have to leave in the batteries so that is 49.5 AH. The 5.5 ah is what you can use at 24 volts and the C20 is 20/5.5 = .275 amps for 20 hrs. I have seen the 10.5 volts with cart batteries and if done a lot every day you will kill them can't say how long but it will happen. cart batteries are 225AH per pair 12v and in 24v would be 450ah and that would last a bit longer. 450 X 10 = 45ah that you can use, In motor homes I have seen this set up last 3 month and trash a set of batteries (1200watt microwaves) used every day 2 or 3 times and drained to the 10.5 volts watching big screen plasma TVs. 4 cart batts would be the smallest bank I would use. IMHO

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  12:21:08  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what i would have to do is to set the voltage cut of limit to say 11.5 volt's so as not to kill the battery.
I can also limit the current being drawn by the motor with the new speed controlor unit.
The other good thing is,they have a 2 year warranty-and they dont know that there going into a cart lol
Will start of slow and see what happen's. I got them cheap-realy cheap($66 each)so not to much to loose lol
But i do take your word's as gosple when it come's to battery's
Watch for smoke lol-remember--we use everything outside manufacture's specification's lol

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  12:35:11  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

The battery bible says the battery is flat at 11.8v and not recommended for longevity below 12.0. So with a 2 yr warranty just learn from the first set LOL

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  12:40:52  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

One more thing is charge and discharge and REST time is important. Also heat in the batteries has to be taken into the picture just like cold but heat goes up quicker with discharge and charge at the same time. The C20 rate is at 80F just something more to think about. LOL

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  12:53:05  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well what i should have said was set the low voltage limit to say 23 volt's.
What would be realy nice would be a big super capacitor bank insted of battery's,or a lithium ion pack-but big dollars lol
I also found these new battery super cap combo thingy's they have not long came up with-half lithium battery and half super cap.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  13:00:55  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

Good Luck

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  18:11:13  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just be mindful unlike me TM that this unit has no fuses ....I've still not repaired mine after it decided to go into meltdown mode (something got hit on the panel and it went nuts) ran my HHO cell for 30 secs @ 100 amps .... man did I get some production from that little spurt lol.

Only thing I could never work out about this board was how to set the Low Batt voltage, used to beep at me all day with fully charged 13.8 v batteries.

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011

Facebook: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  21:22:58  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kultus
It is good to hear from you.
The fuse is one thing that i missed,thanks for the heads up.I think i should put one inline for safty.
I had the same issue with the low battery alarm,but found the problem.It says in the instructions that pin one on the ribbon to the second board must be set at exactly 5 volt's via the small pot on the board.I had it set at 5.2 volts and thought that would be close enough,and like you-the low voltage alarm went off every minute or so.I then took the time to set pin one to exactly 5 volt's and the alarm never went off again-maybe this is why yours is doing it.
Or maybe it's because your pulling 100 amp's lol-from a 40 amp board lol.
This battery discharge rate is all new to me-so im thinking 49er will be right.This set will be the sacrifice set lol,and will give me some indication as to how big i need to go with battery's.
I started to read up a bit about discharge rate's-but all this stuff about rated amp's x the c20,c10,c8 rate x the pie you had for lunch yesterday,just got me all lost lol.
I think 49er will have to find me a pdf or something about this discharge-charge rate stuff lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  00:08:22  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah TM,
I know what you mean with that ... I go and look at the battery's they have for sale and they say 35amp's per hour and go up on the different battery's according how big you go ( I would type all the info out but who has two day's to do that , lol ) anyway, I start reading on other info and it has totally different info it's NUT'S ...

We need, nickel + Iron battery's that we can abuse for 20 year's for how ever we need or want without worries ... They claim some are still going after 100 years ( I bet they were made better than the new one's though ). There is one company in China making them that I've found ... ChangHong Battery is the name .

I hope that help's ya , if your interested that is ... I sure want a large bank of em for my house later .

EDIT: I went and looked there is a battery company in Russia and the USA now, that make's em but, all of them are very proud of em .

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla

Edited by - Kudzu on May 05 2012 01:08:54
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  17:57:54  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well lesson 1 learn'd today-DONT hook up the battery's reverse polarity to the board-even with the 50 amp fuse they recomend.
Result-one fryed board.
Upon reading the manual again-they say with the 50 amp fuse-you may be lucky enough to blow the fuse if hooked up reverse polarity.
New board on order-will mark the terminals next time lol.
Lesson 2-never think you will remember wich terminal was what.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  18:41:03  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

After hooking the 13T backwards and after that one of the main buss bars in the middle of the battery bank. I started painting ALL my + battery terminals RED so I can see them in the dark.. LOL Good luck

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  20:49:13  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er
I have order the bits that I think are toast.I have also ordered another kit as I have no way of checking the ic's
I'm hopeing it's just the two diodes. All the fet's seem ok and the resistors all check out
I will have to check out all the caps aswell

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  14:30:03  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

That is hard to test all but full start up and just see.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  17:59:58  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er
It's the two ic's that im worried about as the rest of the parts are just of the shelf bits.
The manual says that the ic's are protected from reverse hookup by the two diode's-so will have to see.
The plan is to build the new board ,get it up and running and then swap the two ic's over and see if it still work's
If all ok then i have one board for juniors cart and one for my HHO system

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  00:34:30  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Tinman,
I saw some really big high amp diode's the other day . I think they were for wind mill's ( 49er should know ) Anyway , just as added measure why not put a couple of diode's on your connection point's in the correct polarity out from your board . Just to make sure if it was hooked up wrong again nothing would fry again ... Just a Thought

===================================================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ... It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  07:07:58  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol kudzu
i have already orded them-two great mind's think alike? although if one had a great mind,he wouldnt be making repairs now lol

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  20:55:23  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er
On first run- the cart only pulls around 8-9 amps on flat ground and around 17 amps going up hills.
Is 17 amps to much to draw from these two battery's in your opinion?
This would only be for a short period of time- while going up hill, then it would be no more than a 10 amp draw

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4424 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  00:49:11  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

I think you were going to run them in 24 volt mode and that does help. IMHO the cart will probably only run 20 to 25 minutes on a charge and as long as you let the batteries rest before you charge then at least 1 hour you will be safe for a little while before you take them back for warranty. LOL Maybe 3 or 4 months and that will depend on how far below you go 24.0 volts, if you go to 23.0 the plates will warp sooner. Hope this helps

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - June 22 2012 :  01:31:10  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Tinman,
How's the cart holding up ?

You know I was moving my Son's old power wheel's jeep over here the other day and thinking ... They usta run that thing all day on one little 12 volt battery .. In high gear it would run about 5 MPH .. It was hard to keep up with them after a few hour's , LOL ... Well, after a few year's it killed the battery to not take a charge again but, like I said it's a very a small 12 volt battery ... I think I have a lawnmower battery that I'm gonna try to put in it to let my little girl still ride it now .. I guess I can strap a car battery on it and leave the hood open , lol .. She won't care she's my little tom boy .

Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 23 2012 :  06:54:24  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kudzu
We got one run out of it,and it was going well-that was until junior came to the corner lol.You see,some one forgot to put brake's on it lol,and let's just say junior wasnt happy lol.
As soon as i get a day to myself ,i will put some brake's on it and get some vidio footage.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Ruben

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  14:14:07  Show Profile Send Ruben a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TinMan

I suggest putting in a Prometheus V system to keep the battery charging. Use compression springs on the supply tank to remove the weighty compression 'lid'. ..Or pimp it up to a variable speed version!?

Ruben

quote:

Well it seem'd this was a much wanted catagory,so i will kick it of with my son's electric cart project.

The plan here is to stop haveing to go to the servo and buy fuel at a $1.55 a ltr for my son's fuel guzzling machine's lol
It will have a 24 volt 1hp motor (i know,not very powerful)with 2 deep cycle 12 volt battery's hooked in series with a solar panel on the roof to keep the battery's charged while he isnt useing it.

I have just completed the 24 volt 40 amp speed controller as pictured bellow.

Next will be to build a light weight frame,oh and aparrently it has to be a double seater lol.
I had planed on getting back into the HHO system and i also have a new pulse motor half built with a new circuit-but some time's family must come first.
But the good thing is-it's something i like doing lol.

skype-thetinman.69

Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - June 24 2012 :  14:25:35  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL TinMan
1 peddle 2 position (up and down) who needs to stop.

—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

garrypm

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - September 05 2012 :  02:10:19  Show Profile Send garrypm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tinman,

Garry here.

Wanted to know if you understand how to set the freq. for this controller.

I built one a while back and I must say. all I know is how to set the
pulse rate by dialing the knob.

Any tips appreciated.

Regards, Garry
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 06 2012 :  09:18:21  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol msn-well i thought it was funny,but the boy didnt think so lol.
Garry-i will try and find the instruction's as i have forgot myself lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

garrypm

Australia
49 Posts

Posted - September 06 2012 :  16:13:17  Show Profile Send garrypm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that, Garry
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 12 2012 :  10:59:33  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Garry
Im still looking for that instruction booklet lol-i know i put it some where safe????

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - September 24 2012 :  00:26:32  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Garry- I can't find the manual anywhere, and that's bad because I can't remember how to do it either now
I will contact altronics and see if they can email me a copy

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - November 07 2012 :  04:51:53  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey TM,
How's goes the cart ?
I was thinking if you have a permanent magnet motor driving it , how hard would it be to make it have regenerative breaking to slow/stop it via the motor ?

==================================================================

==================================================================

"Throughout space there is energy ...
It it a mere question of time when man will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of Nature" Nicola Tesla
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - November 08 2012 :  06:56:39  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kudzu
Well the cart is missing a motor lol,as it was use in one of my generator setup's you would have seen not so long ago.
Seem's junior was unhappy with the power output of the cart lol_so he went back to his motor bike lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2