International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Power of Nature
 Solar Power
 best solar panels to use
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - April 30 2012 :  08:52:12  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok so were going to build our first solar setup
What panels should we use?

Well depending on what your weather is like (cloudy or sunny mostly)and how much cash you have to throw at it,will determond as to which ones you get.

I feel that the infared panels are the way to go,although they cost a bit more.
The reason is they produce there peak power output wether it is sunny,overcast or just plain terrable,were as your normal panels will drop in power output with heavier cloud cover.

Now there is nothing speacial about an infared panel-it is the same as a normal panel. The only diference is the glass they use-it is Low Ironed Tempered Glass

So whats your thoughts on this?

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - April 30 2012 :  09:26:09  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

I don't know about IR glass but tempered glass will take a lot of heat and cold BUT it won't take a tap on its side of any force, It will shatter into a 1000 pieces. How much do you get from a panel with no glass vs. IF glass??

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - April 30 2012 :  09:36:59  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er
The IR panels dont drop in output at all-no matter how heavy the cloud cover is.
Also because it is low ironed tempered glass it is very flexable-apparently.
I guess you would be the one to tell us how much the power output of a normal panel drops in heavy cloud cover,as i would have no idea-as i havnt done much at all with solar panels

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - April 30 2012 :  11:40:28  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

In heavy clouds you get 1/6th to 1/7th of full sun

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  09:05:36  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi SD3T

I came to that same conclusion about 3 1/2 yr age you don't save anything and in the long run probably cost you more if you build your own Simply because they won't last as long. Smart Thought SD

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - June 11 2012 :  02:20:30  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link. Feb. 2008

You must be logged in to see this link. Sept. 23 / 2011

.. in the meantime ..

The best solar panels to use are those acquired at a low cost per watt without compromise of quality. My current cost, as a distributor is about $1.28 watt, on panels greater than 135 watts. The fact of the matter is, you need a lot of them. Low iron tempered glass is indeed the standard, the thicker the better, and it has nothing to do with the infrared spectrum; that technology is brand new and there are no similarities between them and a typical 2nd or 3rd gen panel. As far as I understand it.. anyway...

You must be logged in to see this link. Nov. 2011 Me > Hello. If I can buy them at $1.28/watt for a single panel, even, they are already below $1 a watt. Washington is full of *Nice* and made up of oil mongers and bankers not invested in solar. Look at Germany if you want a real example of initiative... in Germany it is against the law for an energy distribution corporation to NOT buy back energy fed to the grid!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!

Edited by - kcarring on June 11 2012 02:44:01
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - June 13 2012 :  09:23:51  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hkalan was telling me that in china,he get's them for around 85 cent's a watt-now that's not to bad at all.
Maybe we get him to start shipping world wide lol.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2