International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 Help each other to help yourself grow
 Occiliscope and window motors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - April 11 2012 :  05:01:06  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can anybody recommend an "entry level" occiliscope and also where is a good scematic/guide from building a window motor.

Thanks

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 11 2012 :  14:35:02  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for the same thing
A good 'entry level' O'scope

Found this and curious what the 'Big Dawgs' think about it;
You must be logged in to see this link.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 11 2012 :  20:02:27  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR and shak

Don't spend a lot for a scope get a cheep one to start for they don't tell you enough to warrant the big money. My scope has set for almost a year and haven't really had a need for it so get a cheep one on Ebay for 10.00 usb hook up or 75.00 for a dig. one portable..

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - April 12 2012 :  01:59:03  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

Do you think something like this work You must be logged in to see this link. with something like this You must be logged in to see this link. because it can only take a 80v input. The only reason why I want one now is I want to optimize my bendini wheel and see what kind of BEMF spikes I am getting and to be able to study how the bemf works.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - April 12 2012 :  04:53:52  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here is our link to our window motor setups and diagrams

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 12 2012 :  15:52:15  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi shak

The dso unit looks very good and has a signal gen built in and that can be very handy. I would hold off on the jaycar because you don't know what you can do with the dso I thought it looked like 1200 volts DC and that would be just fine.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - April 24 2012 :  05:46:47  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I ended up getting a 100mhz O-scope online for about 100 bucks with shipping thanks to a friend who picked it up at a fellows house. I noticed it said 400v max input so I will need to use a voltage divider or a transformer to get the voltage down. I got a transformer from a old tv circut board the reduces 20 v down to .1 volts so I guess that should do it too. I guess the more pricey O scopes can take higher voltage but I am not complaining considering that I was trying to make it work with my comp which didn't want more that .7v input.... Now I just gotta figuere out how to use the damn thing. Other than not leaving it next to the hot tub any got cautions you want to throw my way?
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 24 2012 :  07:54:27  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi shak

They make different probes just for that reason usually it comes with a prob that 1X and a 10X setting and if you want on Ebay they have probes that have 100X and I think higher.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  22:30:58  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er my probe has a 1x 10x option on it but it doesn't seem to affect the signal at all. Am I correct to say that the 10x reduces the signal to the O-scope by 10x therefore protecting it. Sounds right but the non changing of the signal has confused what I thought I knew.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  10:38:08  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi shak

Run a test with a 12 volt battery and use the 1 and 10x to see the voltage then use a aa battery and do the same test that will give you confidence in what you are seeing. A nother thing you can do is is wind a coil with 100 to 200 turns of a small wire 28 to 35 ga and wind a air coil with no spool just wire. This can be used for leads to your prob, place the coil on the side of a battery being charged by a pulse or soild state and move the air coil around the battery and see what you get. This coil is called a SNIFFER COIL and can be used for very high voltage that your Oscope my be hurt with. try it.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  21:04:44  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool thanks for that I will give it a go.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  18:45:58  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi shak

If you have any luck with please make a video for all to see Thanks

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - June 04 2012 :  22:51:44  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er,

I tried out what you suggested and nothing seemed to work o make sense. Finally the grounding alligator clip came out of it's socket and I found out that the wire had broke and was just being held in there by the casing but shorted. I think it didn't help that the guy who sold it to me nor I really knew how the occiliscope was supposed to work.

Anyway I soldered that back on and yes it all makes sense. The obvious being that the 10x is less sensitive than the one times by 10x.... am I in the Tesla club yet..LOL. Anyway also testing the air coil as a sensor with higher voltages and a solid coil. And the solid coil is more sensitive of a device than the air coil. A good safety precaution technique for sure. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - June 05 2012 :  00:43:22  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi shak

That is a good thing, now ask yourself WHY is it the size of the coil what is a solid coil? Is it the area the coil works in that makes it better?? just something to think about.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - June 05 2012 :  04:59:06  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am guessing the the ferro element of the core attracts the emf past the copper coil. The copper is more passive to magnetism, but still registers electricity. Also the core creates more mass that is conductive. This would be my guess.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2