International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 Xee2vids JT inverter 3.7V Lithium
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - April 03 2012 :  04:14:33  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In this video I thought I'd try a trusty 2N3055 and make a pseudo inverter with the Xee2vids JT circuit, and it works pretty darn good. Much easier of course if you find a 12-0-12 or 10-0-10 transformer but I rewound the primary on a 120VAC-10VAC adapter (12:1) to have a centre tap. This one turned out to be a bit noisy, but not all do, for some reason. You can run a light like this about 50-75' away from the inverter on cheap wire. It runs about 36V (AC) peak to peak. With 10K dialed on the base, she draws about 35mA and still lights/oscillates, and with the pot dialed right up, about 500mA.

[uploading]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!

Edited by - kcarring on April 03 2012 04:30:02

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - April 10 2012 :  05:35:01  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool vid kcarring
But as this is the circuits and diagram section-could i please have one lol,as i would like to give it a try but dont know what circuit it is?
Cheers

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - April 10 2012 :  15:17:59  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Tm hey! This is pretty much a replication of the following video, the circuit is a joule thief modified for centre tap transformers. Another cool use of this is to do up a Royer oscillator instead of a joule thief, but I haven't done a video of that, but in essence that is a typical ZVS driver. In the second vid, you can see the same JT circuit with an additional inductor, for HV, I was able to drive a fluoro with that one, shown in the third vid.

Xee2vids Basic 12V inverter circuit

X332vids Jonnydavro Inductor Addition

My replication of the above jonnydavro variant

A pure sine wave inverter without using a CT transformer I came up with, but probably did not invent, per say; most things as basic as this have been done before:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2