International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Concept Ideas
 Buoyancy Generator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 16 2012 :  02:12:44  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live on a lake 80 miles long and often 1 mile wide, and at one point 800 ft. deep. Lake Okanagan. The wind energy is amazing. Every other day I look out and think wow.. if one could harness that. I once had a discussion with a local electrician and he said "Kyle, the problem is the wind blows "whenever" - people need power during peak demand, and batteries and inverters ruin ROI".

So obviously I'm not mr $$$, and one way or another I likely wouldn't be a guy to make it all happen... but.. I had a thought and chances are, like most thoughts it's probably not new.

What if all the energy that was "excess" and could not be grid tied and consumed immediately was "sunk", huge inflatables pulled to great depths, where their bouyant power could later be harnessed to once again create electricity.

Is that dumb, or probable. I don't know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Lykenth

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - March 30 2012 :  18:49:06  Show Profile  Visit Lykenth's Homepage Send Lykenth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i have an idea - hope its not been done before - what if your wind turbines had pumps like pistons that pumped air into cylinders - the excess is stored by air pressure that can drive turbines as if it was water. that air flow can be regulated an made more constant unlike direct wind that varies like too fast or too slow. Will that work for you?

Lykenth
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 30 2012 :  21:25:22  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. Mark Dansie is hot on a technology that uses no additional input other than two devices, buoyancy, and gravity... which is close to being proven, undergoing serious scrutiny, right now... so if that is possible, imagine if you did augment with wind... see Smartscarecrow's latest episode for info on that. It's like the australian one that came out, but different apparently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2