International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Usefull Links
 Videos
 Dadhav
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4452 Posts

Posted - February 27 2012 :  09:36:00  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Dadhav has showed a video that we can all benefit from. Different coil and different cores. For you AC coils guys he does show a big spikes that core coils don't have, About 15 minutes in and bring corn.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - February 28 2012 :  15:02:23  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er. Very nice video. Its something everyone should see. I like how he plays down what is happening and what it means.

al

* Not following the manufacturer recommended specs * ON PURPOSE!
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4452 Posts

Posted - February 28 2012 :  15:54:16  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

That is why I get 300 MA more draw from my style coil than a round coil. It gets a lot bigger spikes makes it draw more amps and we see a greater charge and still no noise. May be we should call it a bow tie coil instead of a 49er style... LOL LOL LOL The video does show a greater spike and your right he just blew right past that and just went on not surprised what he found.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - February 29 2012 :  08:27:40  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
John has always had great vidio's to share-and he hasnt let us down with this one.A steel and copper coil sounds like it may be in order.A double pulse out at 180 deg out of phase from a single pulse in-what a setup for an ssg.

Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - February 29 2012 :  14:29:26  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kind of stepping out of my comfort zone for intelligence here... LOL (typical) but.. it almost seems that when you wind the bowtie, you expend less energy creating an electromagnetic, and more shuttling of energy is taking place. Is that steel wire he uses, a type of enamel covered magnet wire? It would seem that (maybe) it builds it's own magnetic field independant of the core given it is a magnetic metal itself? Very cool video indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - February 29 2012 :  16:50:06  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kcarring

Kind of stepping out of my comfort zone for intelligence here... LOL (typical) but.. it almost seems that when you wind the bowtie, you expend less energy creating an electromagnetic, and more shuttling of energy is taking place. Is that steel wire he uses, a type of enamel covered magnet wire? It would seem that (maybe) it builds it's own magnetic field independant of the core given it is a magnetic metal itself? Very cool video indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Funny, I was curious about the same thing!
Coated or non...

Very educational video.
Thanks for sharing.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4452 Posts

Posted - February 29 2012 :  18:08:12  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

The iron wire is just garden twist wire and like he said it doesn't work well.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4452 Posts

Posted - February 29 2012 :  18:08:32  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

The iron wire is just garden twist wire and like he said it doesn't work well.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - February 29 2012 :  18:18:20  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just tried a little experiment with some of that. Just a garden wire bifilar. It didn't seem to work well. Although I realize ammeters in and out lie, I never got any better than 40% out vs. in, so comparitively it seems poor. The spikes were not high, either, mind you my coil did not have enough turns to begin with, probably only around 100. Usually when I added a ferrite core to my copper coil I don't notice an improvement whereas with this iron wire coil, it did help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4452 Posts

Posted - March 01 2012 :  10:18:19  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

IMHO the iron wire is now part of the core and it turns on and off with the transistor for a while but will become magnetized in the future.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4452 Posts

Posted - March 01 2012 :  10:18:42  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

IMHO the iron wire is now part of the core and it turns on and off with the transistor for a while but will become magnetized in the future.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2