International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 Quad Charger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 26 2012 :  22:40:48  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody...

Here is the Quad Charger Setout.

Edited by - Poppy on March 12 2012 17:10:12

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - February 27 2012 :  04:39:42  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy,

How many turns are on each trigger you are using ?

If I remember right, from watching your other video's. you layer your coils with the run coil first, then the trigger on the top of that.

I get the best results on a Black Sand core having the run and trigger side by side...

Guess I have a fun afternoon project in the works, after watching your wonderful results.

Thanks so much !!!

Alan

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 27 2012 :  10:41:08  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Alan...

There are 900 turns on each coil for trigger and 1000 turns for run. You are correct the run is wound first with the trigger over that.

Go to Top of Page

topper

34 Posts

Posted - February 27 2012 :  14:19:43  Show Profile Send topper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

What sizes of wire u use that u have such good results?. I think u rather use thinner wire (0,4/0,5/0,6 mm)?. And at the ac generator coils u have only one wire, also 900-1000 turns?

Topper
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 27 2012 :  16:02:17  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi topper...

I really don't know what size the wire is. It comes from the degaussing coil and yoke coil of computer monitors. One is very light and the other is a little heavier. The generator coils are in series and would be the part of the bifilar coil that is the trigger coil. All the coils are wrapped the same.

Go to Top of Page

topper

34 Posts

Posted - March 07 2012 :  17:28:43  Show Profile Send topper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi poppy,

I am looking now for wires for winding coils as u all the time use, that first is run thick wire and second is trigger thin wire. Could you tell me cause ure project quad charger is very interesting:
1. the magnets are round ferrite 25x5 mm?
2. whats the diameter of ure core in coils?
3. what caps u use in vpump?
I know i am asking a lot but i still wonder how i can increase efficency of my bedini. Thanks for help:)

Topper
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - March 07 2012 :  23:58:35  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Topper...

The wire I use is what is in an old Computer Monitor. Usually the degauss coil is used for the run coil and the yoke coil is used for the trigger. The same sized wire can be used for both. The caps can be just about anything electrolytic just use matching pairs. The larger the farads the better i.e. 10,000uf at 60volts. The Fe3O4 cores I'm using are 3/4" and the magnets are 3/4" round neo from Joann Fabrics.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2