International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 Help each other to help yourself grow
 flat tv repair with pc power supply
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - February 12 2012 :  23:11:28  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys. I recently repaired a 22 inch lcd tv with a pc power supply. The tv was a give to me by my cousin. It was one of those fix it and you can have it deals. Which is really a here is my trash I didn't want to throw away kinda thing.

After checking it out I thought that a replacement supply was too much money (50 bucks for a maybe fix of a 179 buck tv). I had almost given up but decided to have another look before I chunked it and I realized the high voltage section started out as 12 volts. The board traces were fairly easy to read and it looked like I could just splice in a 12 volt source with a high enough amp supply. The rest of the TV ran off of 12 volts and five volts so an old pc supply seemed like the easy answer.

Now there are sites on the net that show this sort of thing so I in no way claim some knowledge of electronics just wanted to show what I did and maybe someone else can benefit from it.

Here is a few pictures showing what I did .

Short video to follow tomorrow.

al

Edited by - fan1701 on February 12 2012 23:14:50

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - February 13 2012 :  15:34:52  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys. Short video of the set working.

al

* Not following the manufacturer recommended specs * ON PURPOSE!
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - February 14 2012 :  00:48:08  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fan ,
That's pretty cool , those save it and fix job's are always fun for me too ... I bet you when 49er see's this He will say "Good job Fan, Now stop watching that T.V. and get back to work" LOL

==================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...
Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - February 14 2012 :  11:37:24  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kudzu. LOL. Yeah , I think your right.... and 49er too.

al

Edited by - fan1701 on February 14 2012 11:37:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2