International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 Jig's, Coil winder jigs, Core molds/jigs and so on
 Fe3O4
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  14:03:57  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys
You can get a thin flexible PVC pipe. Wall thickness about half the regular stuff. Got mine at Home Depot its with the plumbing supplies.

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  14:09:35  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

msm it is called CPVP

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  14:55:27  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi msmjr and 49er...

Thanks for the info I'll check one of the big box stores locally to see what I can find.

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 17 2012 :  14:57:21  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi SD...

I have been thinking that I could use the acetate molds I've made to create the core as the spool spindle. The sanding thing sounds like a whole lot of work I can do without. Once again you've come up with some great ideas. Keep thinking and sharing.

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 22 2012 :  09:55:55  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody...

The buzzer charger was rebuilt using an MJ2955 transistor, Fe3O4 coil and dual V-Doubler outputs. At the time of this posting the run battery was at 11.92 volts and the charge battery was at 12.60.

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 22 2012 :  16:54:33  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi SD...

Very nice! I am going to have to get a set of 10000uf or higher caps so I can run with the big dogs.

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 24 2012 :  07:09:31  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi SD...

That's fantastic. I haven't used the quad in a while it's time to test it again.

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - March 11 2012 :  20:12:30  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody...

I tried again with the Fe3O4 coil. This time I made the shaft 1.5" inside and 1.75" outside with the ends 2.5". The wire used is 23 gauge for the run 24 gauge for the trigger. This trigger wire is about 2.5 times larger than the usual trigger wire used. The spool is wrapped bifilar 550 turns. It is a screamer! So I made a second with the same dimensions and it also is a screamer! I'm tickled with the results.

Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - March 11 2012 :  22:17:03  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Poppy,

Fantastic news !!!

Congratulations !

Alan

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - March 11 2012 :  23:17:40  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Alan...

Thanks...

I'll post a video of the switched pulse to smoothed DC output motor so everyone can see the speed of the rotor and of the charging.

Like I always say sometimes...If at first you don't...succeed!

Go to Top of Page

hkalan

Hong Kong
1019 Posts

Posted - March 14 2012 :  02:04:52  Show Profile  Visit hkalan's Homepage Send hkalan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Poppy,

I always fall in that category of "Try, Try... AGAIN" and seem to have the most fun and learn more... LOL

Great Stuff my friend !

Alan

Go to Top of Page

Firiepete

Australia
30 Posts

Posted - April 10 2012 :  10:09:04  Show Profile Send Firiepete a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just finished reading through this Topic for tonights education, and must say your efforts and persistance Poppy are amazing congradulations on your results. I must also commend the rest of you for your valuable input in assisting Poppy - Truely demonstrated Teamwork.
I know when i finally get started im not going to have any problems - How can I possibly fail hanging around with you guys.

Cheers All
Firiepete
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2