International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Usefull Links
 Copper Wire
 My copper wire provider
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - December 06 2011 :  20:26:01  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Heres is where i gotten almost of of my wires.

You must be logged in to see this link.

and here thye have alot to.

TimberJack

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

ccass15n
Average Member

USA
218 Posts

Posted - December 08 2011 :  15:36:14  Show Profile Send ccass15n a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you can also get wire here,

You must be logged in to see this link.[m]=pattern&id[q]=Magnet+Wire&x=25&y=6

"Visualize it, Make a Plan, Make It Happen"

ccass15n(at)gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - December 10 2011 :  10:11:39  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And once again , thanks for them links :)

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - December 11 2011 :  06:55:49  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip SD :))

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

ccass15n
Average Member

USA
218 Posts

Posted - December 11 2011 :  17:28:32  Show Profile Send ccass15n a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey SD, i remember way back seeing a video on that, i was wondering if you happened to have it so we could post it here, i have been looking on youtube but cant find it..

ccass15n(at)gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - December 11 2011 :  17:57:58  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys
Didnt Kultus disect 1 for IrishDave? Silly me didnt save it.

He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
óPlutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - December 12 2011 :  18:48:27  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi SD, saw your vid. Nice wire recover :)
Where i`m at even at the dump they ask you for some $$$ for an old/damage TV -.-

I`ve try to reply under your vid but gotten an YouTube error message O.o

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

ccass15n
Average Member

USA
218 Posts

Posted - December 14 2011 :  01:54:59  Show Profile Send ccass15n a Private Message  Reply with Quote
usually i just drive around the town and ill see an old tv with a free sign so ill pick it up... i see tvs all the time where im at..

ccass15n(at)gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - January 13 2012 :  20:18:49  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've purchased wire from TechFixx.com, on ebay, here:

Excellent vendor.
Positive Feedback: 100%
Feedback score: 5150

He's great. I once had an order lost in the mail, he quickly sent me a free replacement. What more could you ask for!

Have you seen Russ Gries' wire straightener? This young guy is great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page

sanzus

USA
5 Posts

Posted - February 09 2012 :  00:48:57  Show Profile Send sanzus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tore down a dead power supply after reading this thread, found several usable goodies inside!

Get most of my wire by the roll from local vendors, use jameco.com for most of my parts.

Good information in this forum, still looking and lurking, will post some videos soon.

Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - February 09 2012 :  15:31:49  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi San, welcome on board :)

Every electronic deivce have good source of tranformers/diodes/caps/transistors/fwbr/coils and some even plenty of wires :)
Just strip everything you can get your hands on and before you know you will have plenty of parts.

Looking forward to your first video :)

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 15 2012 :  12:26:29  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi San and welcome to the IAEC

What are you going to build for your first unit??

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

jneo

Australia
96 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  06:32:18  Show Profile Send jneo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all can you join magnet wire in a coil if soldered together or try to fuse them together with a gas torch does this work ?
Regards jneo
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 16 2012 :  22:52:49  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi jneo

Yes you can solder the magnet wire BUT it will leave a bump in the coil and you must be able to trust your soldering and then tape the splice. I would not make a habit of it.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - February 18 2012 :  04:34:55  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
As I will be using salvage wire for my project's, I've been looking into this problem a bit ... Since magnet wire is just copper or aluminum wire with a coating on it to insulate it electrically . To insulate I was looking at 3M and Scotch but, they cost like crazy .. So I found a solution at your favorite store . Just de-grease the wire and it should bond good.
Anyway , here's what I found , they also have it in black
Hope it help's

==================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 18 2012 :  10:14:45  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

I would have to look at the max temp and how would you coat the hole wire? Also I would not use alum wire because it shrinks to much when heated. Imagen it on a coil and you wrap it at 90 degrees and then you get in cold weather it would squeeze the raps and brake the coating if it had any. IMHO

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - February 18 2012 :  13:05:46  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kudzu

Hey 49er,
As I will be using salvage wire for my project's, I've been looking into this problem a bit ... Since magnet wire is just copper or aluminum wire with a coating on it to insulate it electrically . To insulate I was looking at 3M and Scotch but, they cost like crazy .. So I found a solution at your favorite store . Just de-grease the wire and it should bond good.
Anyway , here's what I found , they also have it in black
Hope it help's

Assuming you're not coating the entire length of wire, I've used a similar product to this on my outdoor connections with 'much' success.

If you intend on coating your own wire, then I'd be looking for a liquid, not a spray. The 'over-spray' seems a waste... not mentioning the aroma or VOC's...

1 bobbin (feed) run through a trough of liquid (quick drying epoxy), small squeegee to remove the excess, then through a light bulb drier to the out-take bobbin with a slow (low powered) motor to operate...

Na... I haven't thought about this that much...LOL...

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 18 2012 :  13:09:53  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

Glad your not talking about alum wire. LOL

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - February 18 2012 :  14:11:36  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guy's,
I was looking for a version of the spray that could be painted on with a brush or dip the wire into to coat but, I haven't ran across any yet .. These thought are for repair , I haven't really thought about making magnet wire from scratch but, if I ran across a bare spool of copper and had the non-conduction paint ( unless it was instant dry ) It would still be a nightmare to figure out. lol

49er, I was thinking a experimenting with it if I got a hold of some aluminum wire from a TV or something .
I wont be seeking aluminum out though but, I think it would be neat to make a generator coil to see if it produced any better .

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 18 2012 :  14:42:03  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

Try dropping a magnet down a copper pipe and or slide it down a alum Chanel or angle like a 1"by 1" alum. LOL you will like it.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - March 28 2012 :  06:10:34  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HI SD3T,

Had a question about pulling the wire off the TV's. My question is where is the 10000 volt charge held on the comp. I am definately into recycling but heard many horror stories about it. Was going to take a stab at it anyway but was wanting to be as informed as possible.
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 28 2012 :  18:02:28  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 49er

Hi K

I would have to look at the max temp and how would you coat the hole wire? Also I would not use alum wire because it shrinks to much when heated. Imagen it on a coil and you wrap it at 90 degrees and then you get in cold weather it would squeeze the raps and brake the coating if it had any. IMHO

quote:

Hi ODR

Glad your not talking about alum wire. LOL

Doug

From what I've seen and read, this is not a very accurate statement. Cold isn't so much your problem Doug. When you stretch wire, you change it, thin it out, linearly. Then when it is heated, it shrinks. Think automotive repair. Which is a bit confusing, we think of heating metal up to expand it and cooling it to shrink it, but that isn't the real paradigm here, it's the wind tension that is of concern.

First off, aluminum dissapates heat, and it is difficult to get it, and keep it hot.

Secondly, it's long term affects from heat are not as substantial as those associated with copper, rather the issue is connections:

"there is evidence of better resistance to long term thermal aging when organic insulations are applied to aluminum wire as compared to to copper wire"

"springback characteristics allow for uniform conformation and more efficient use of space when winding aluminum and these advantages partially offset the lower conductivity"

"thousands of stators have been wound by A.C. Smith"

The coefficient of linear thermal expansion is the ratio of the change in length per degree F (microinch/(in oF))

Metal Temp Range Linear Expansion
Aluminum 68 - 212 13.1
Copper 68 - 572 9.8

Only when stators and coils are machine wound are the coils very tight. Aluminum wire (18 gauge) is rated for 6A per strand. In most of the experiments we do around here, we simply do not push the circuits hard enough to even remotely compare to what is being done, already, and engineered to do so, in AC motors with aluminum, and so I think there is nothing to be concerned about there. If on the other hand you are using a machine to wind your coils about a core that will gain heat, and they're very tightly wound, and you are pushing a lot of amps through them, or operating them,in adverse conditions - you might have some concern.

"Aluminum Shrinking: Yes, It Can Be Done

Yes, you can heat shrink aluminum too, so donít worry yourself that it canít be done. Itís basically the same basic process with this one major difference: Your shrink temperature is much, much lower (aluminum ó 550 degrees F; steel ó 2,000 degrees F)."

That's my view so far. So far i think it works fine. For an air core coil, hand wound, pushing 1/10th of its rated current - you got nothing to worry about. And is MUCH cheaper. If you plan on using ferrite cores or solid, steel, etc. and you plan on dumping huge current with mosfets, pushing the wire to its limit as well as the switching .. and not just triggering NPN's.. consider the extra 25% larger coefficient. If you anticipate a core that is always going to run hot, as in an AC motor stator, you'll need to work in cooling (as is done) and considering tension during winding.

If your concern is strict replication to produce free energy then by all means, perhaps the vacuum doesn't like aluminum. I have no idea. I'm not looking for free energy out of it. Other's interested in my experiment are curious as to how the additional current suppression due to added resistance might even help that effect. Seems like I can get (approximately) 90+ efficiency out of it, so far, that's good enough for me. Myself, I'm looking at it from a standpoint of what does 1,2 or 7000 feet of coil cost? 7500 ft. of 18 gauge AL wire is a hundred bucks. From what I've seen, the same amount of (3) 11 lb spools of Essex copper is about $500. Those 70 100 ft. coils are rated to push 420A @ 12V = 5 kilowatts. If I exceed 5 kilowatts of input, I better have some serious output LOL. If I am inputing roughly 10A... on a hand wound coil... I got nothing to worry about regarding heat. Additional cost is that you have to mechanically make your coil connections (most feasible way, anyhow).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - kcarring on March 28 2012 18:57:45
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - March 28 2012 :  20:04:58  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

We may have to try a coil of alum wire but what do we ask for??

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - March 29 2012 :  09:12:38  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went to the dump today to the recycling center and they had gobs of copper wire that they pulled from TV's in very good condition. Quite a score. buck a pound.
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 29 2012 :  13:33:57  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@49'er I'll send you a link to the guy, let's first look at the scope and prove this stuff can provide the same spike, and get the job done. It's still in question, I agree with that. My last post was merely to illustrate the fact that a loosely wound air core of low amp input should pose no problems, heat wise. I just wanna see this stuff get the job done before recommending others go out and spend money on it. You saw the demo tho, it looks good so far. I mean it wouldn't make any sense, either if a person had to double the amount of transistors, add all the mechanical connections, etc. etc. to accomodate the aluminum, but so far it doesn't appear so. If I can draw 1100 mA/24V, and put 2A/12V into the charge battery with no heat out of 3T, that seems pretty good to me. in as far as my experimentation is concerned, the Tesla switch mod seems to have been the real bonus, of all... I mean... you know what I'm saying, surely... when compared to SSG 12V-->12V I'd probably need 6-8T to see what I see out of the TS SSG at 3T. Or so it appears. So far, it seems like a 24T TS SSG would, itself, be quite a monster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by - kcarring on March 29 2012 13:37:15
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - March 30 2012 :  07:58:49  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

The alum. wire if cheaper is what I would make for my HHO in the car and that is the only reason I would use it right know and we need to discuss the merits of the TS in the TS thread which I will be happy to do but there.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2