International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 One wire FWBR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - January 23 2012 :  16:01:51  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is to be one wire over 50' and no core this can be used to power a load or return back to the run battery.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - January 25 2012 :  22:50:08  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er. I tried this on my 3PM in its current state and was not able to get the output I thought I should . However , my 3PM needs smaller resistors on the three transistors. The ones now are too high. I will try this again after I modify the circuits. I got 5VDC from a generator coil with no core. This was one that came with the kit. I have run these in series then through a bridge and got 35 VDC with all three gen coils and the cores in.

I'll try again when the 3PM has been modified.

al

* Not following the manufacturer recommended specs * ON PURPOSE!
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - January 26 2012 :  08:15:59  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

These are the same thing just not roe the 3 coiler size Thanks

Doug
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - January 26 2012 :  23:48:49  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er...

I must be missing the point. I don't understand the circuit. Where is the AC coming from to rectify?

Good Experimenting...
Poppy
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - January 27 2012 :  08:35:05  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

This set on just a wheel and it will work on any magnet configuration Its is not made for one type.

Doug
Go to Top of Page

Zerosight

29 Posts

Posted - June 29 2015 :  19:53:15  Show Profile Send Zerosight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug!

I did this with the addition of coil shorting. Was able to get 12.60v over the 12.10v battery charge.

I need to step up this voltage if I want it to be useful in the 12v range. :)

----------------------------------------------------------
Let's take the road less traveled...that would make the difference.

The wheel doesn't need to be reinvented. Just use it to achieve better distance and heights. And when you achieve distance and height without needing it at all, you know you're on to something!
Go to Top of Page

Zerosight

29 Posts

Posted - June 30 2015 :  17:36:44  Show Profile Send Zerosight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update: Ok, Now I have managed to light up a neon with the captured voltage from the coil. However, I could not find a simple and suitable dump technique to get this going. I have zeners, less, caps, etc that don't seem to hold it off long enough for it to spike through. But it does provide a steady flow of high dc current.

Your thoughts anyone please?

TIA!

The wheel doesn't need to be reinvented. Just use it to achieve better distance and heights. And when you achieve distance and height without needing it at all, you know you're on to something!
Go to Top of Page

Zerosight

29 Posts

Posted - June 30 2015 :  17:43:18  Show Profile Send Zerosight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update: Ok, Now I have managed to light up a neon with the captured voltage from the coil. However, I could not find a simple and suitable dump technique to get this going. I have zeners, less, caps, etc that don't seem to hold it off long enough for it to spike through. But it does provide a steady flow of high dc current.

Your thoughts anyone please?

TIA!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - June 30 2015 :  20:36:13  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DC?? from a coil
Go to Top of Page

Zerosight

29 Posts

Posted - July 01 2015 :  00:50:01  Show Profile Send Zerosight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug! You're back! :)

No, it was AC and rectified to DC.

Setup:
I have a separate single coil wound above 2000 turns (separate from the main bifilar coil).
Reed to do the shorting
FWBR-amplifier
DC out is 90-120+ VDC
(This is the part where I need a dump process)
DC out goes straight back to battery
*It slows down the drain but doesn't charge up the batt
1 batt 2EMF circuit

So rectified DC reached 90.00-124.00VDC. It is good enough to constantly light up a neon. My prob is how to dump it properly on to a cap since I'm using the 1 batt circuit for this.

Actually what I want to do with this is to return this to primary battery instead of the charge battery in a two battery setup like the SSG. And it seems that the 120vdc coming out of it that constantly lights a neon even when connected in series with the primary battery simply slows down the drain but does not stop it yet. :) Maybe more juice or pick up coils are needed. hmmm...

Edited by - Zerosight on July 01 2015 04:56:10
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - July 01 2015 :  10:35:50  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HUMMMM

May be 2 coils with a reed to only one magnet to trip a 5 pin relay so it switches one time every rev. the common to the input pin from the FWBR + then a diode from each of the out pins of the relay going to your battery that way the are protected from each other. AND OR you can put a cap in line between the FWBR and the relay. If you want you can use a SCR TO DO IT ALSO but I don't have good luck with them but they would use less juice to control them.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Zerosight

29 Posts

Posted - July 01 2015 :  11:23:25  Show Profile Send Zerosight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'm setting up a second reed now! The only relay on hand are the mechanical ones. Maybe friday or next week, I could get an SS relay. No SCR here! Argh... I have the shop manuals for the available electronics. So that option is not available to me here.

I am not that keen on putting a relay in line as the voltage is big - way over the accepted voltage range of the circuit. Even if the circuit goes up to 100++ volts, is that ok to feed cap? Cap nears the 50v range pretty quick.

As a test, I am pulsing the feed by hand just to see if it works.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - July 01 2015 :  12:34:26  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try it and if it blows you will be surprised and if not, you knew it would work.. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Zerosight

29 Posts

Posted - July 01 2015 :  13:05:58  Show Profile Send Zerosight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hahaha! Yes I'll double the output tomorrow as I need more parts. Using the 4700uf 50v cap, it takes a while to fill. The 10uf 50v is perfect. I get 30v out of every 4 seconds. Around 24v at a much faster time, like 1.5 seconds.

I guess the generated DC from the FWBR has much less current as the physics equation decreases current as the voltage increases.

How did Tinman connect the single transistor to harness the back emf from the trigger coil as well? I did some tests and it drained the speed of the wheel and started heating up the 3055. So I may have done it wrong. The 2back EMF circuit in the posts is no longer the original as it uses 2 transistors already instead of just 1.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - July 01 2015 :  13:15:04  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only TM knows that

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Zerosight

29 Posts

Posted - July 01 2015 :  14:25:44  Show Profile Send Zerosight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is so amazing. I can light up the neon with that captured power just with the piggy back coil... The timing needs to be correct when the dump happens. That is when it is most efficient at dumping. But at 1400 rpm, I don't think I could do it per second and then do it at the right time. :) This calls for further intervention of the circuit. haha.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - July 01 2015 :  15:17:06  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Zero

Some where we have a comparator circuit so that when you get the voltage in the cap it will fire(dump) into the battery or build a timer circuit to fire every so many seconds. I have a birthday party to attend now but will look it up when I get home if you can't find one on you tube there better at finding something specifies like that.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2