International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 BUZZER CHARGER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - January 22 2012 :  19:19:03  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody...

Here is a diagram of the Buzzer Charger.

Good Experimenting...
Poppy

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - December 25 2013 :  07:12:57  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I added this comment to bring it to the front of the topic.

Go to Top of Page

sucahyo
Average Member

Indonesia
246 Posts

Posted - December 25 2013 :  08:11:54  Show Profile  Visit sucahyo's Homepage Send sucahyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The diagram shows a normally closed reed switch and it will work for a short period of time, but is easily burned out, so I make my own from strips of metal.
Have you tried increasing resistor value?

I think capacitor should not be used

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - December 25 2013 :  22:32:06  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi sucahyo...

I have not tried a higher value resistance it may indeed help. The nonpolar cap is used to reduce the sparking in the reed switch to slow it's burnout.

Go to Top of Page

sucahyo
Average Member

Indonesia
246 Posts

Posted - December 25 2013 :  22:59:01  Show Profile  Visit sucahyo's Homepage Send sucahyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see. ok. Because I think transistor need just a very small ampere to work.

I am certain that capacitor will kill the radiant. So when you add capacitor, the output no longer has any special property.

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - December 31 2013 :  20:49:23  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi sucahyo...

The primary coil of the Buzzer is to power the buzzer, it has no radiant output. The output is created by the voltage rise and fall of the run coil to charge the secondary coil, with the voltage doubler as the charging or radiant output.

Go to Top of Page

sucahyo
Average Member

Indonesia
246 Posts

Posted - January 01 2014 :  04:21:39  Show Profile  Visit sucahyo's Homepage Send sucahyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our definition of radiant electricity may be different. For me, radiant is the kind of electricity that allow me to fully charge a 1.2V nicad / nimh battery in 5 minutes without making it hot at all.

For me, high voltage charging is different from radiant. For me voltage spike from sudden coil shut off is an important requirement. Spike from the primary coil is better than from secondary coil.

Capacitor will change radiant to normal electricity. In primary coil, capacitor will effectively kill the spike, so there is less radiant, the secondary will have less too, so the secondary will have mostly normal electricity. Capacitor in parallel with the charged battery will make the battery get hot much quicker without any significant increase of the charging time.

In battery charging, capacitor will eliminate the benefit of radiant charging.

For me, there is no point in doubling the radiant voltage because the primary coil output voltage can already exceed 1000V.

I think, instead of using capacitor to reduce the burden of transistor, you should add diode to use the radiant to charge battery or something.

I would recommend the one at the top right of the diagram bellow.

Edited by - sucahyo on January 01 2014 04:28:06
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - January 02 2014 :  17:54:43  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi sucahyo...

Your diagram is not accessible.

The idea behind this device was to have a smooth DC output for charging not a radiant charger. And besides that it was fun to build and run.

Have Fun!

Go to Top of Page

sucahyo
Average Member

Indonesia
246 Posts

Posted - January 02 2014 :  18:48:20  Show Profile  Visit sucahyo's Homepage Send sucahyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about this:

You can use the spike instead of wasting them / trying to suppress them.

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - January 03 2014 :  12:54:07  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice diagrams...I originally connected it like the upper left diagram, but was looking for something different. Thus, the voltage doubler for the charging circuit.

Go to Top of Page

sucahyo
Average Member

Indonesia
246 Posts

Posted - January 03 2014 :  22:52:43  Show Profile  Visit sucahyo's Homepage Send sucahyo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The upper left is the most common implementation. the upper right is my trick to alternate radiant with normal electricity. The amp meter will show less current but in reality the battery will get charged better. A must if you intent to charge a car starter battery and still want the car to be able to charge it. Unless you already doing the capacitor trick.

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2