International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Transformers, Generators and Electric Motors.
 MOTOR GENERATOR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 19 2012 :  09:32:49  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ALL

This is a new gen I found. A window motor and generator with no power but caps. Right up TM's line of thinking. Very clean and simple, but a lot of wire and looks like 12 magnets and 4 caps

You must be logged in to see this link.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.

Edited by - 49er on January 20 2012 10:16:37

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - January 20 2012 :  03:25:01  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49er,
What is ? I think you may have forgot the link .

==================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 20 2012 :  10:17:52  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi K

Thanks I did not paste it "old age"

Doug
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - January 21 2012 :  17:04:53  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 21 2012 :  18:13:35  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

It looks simple to build but I just don't have the time right now to play with something that is not that important

Doug
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 21 2012 :  19:01:41  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice find ,Doug

Here's a bit more info on its construction :-

Rotor weight 1.7 Kg

12 magnets ( neo's)

Trifilar coil , 300 turns per coil ( wire gauge unknown )

caps 4 X 2200uF

10 kohm potentiometer

4 diodes

2N3055 transistor

Diagram to follow
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 21 2012 :  19:21:32  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron

Thought you left us for some one else. LOL Yes it really looks like a way you could make a self runner out of it with a no brgs shaft just magnets holding it up but it would be hard to spin to get the charge in the caps.

Doug
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 22 2012 :  06:46:19  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

no i'm still here , just very busy at the moment. I have a few projects "simmering" and a few new ideas to try but as usual time is always against me ,lol.

BTW congratulations on your promotion , i'm sure you will provide a steadying prospective on the forum.

ron
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 22 2012 :  07:04:26  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you follow the link shown on the you tube video

the circuit diagram is shown on page 1

ron
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - January 22 2012 :  09:03:29  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Almost the same as we do now with an extra charging winding-nice and simple,way to go lol.I hear the last of the mohicans playing in the back ground-good music to lol.Never actualy tried looping the charge back to the run on the little window motor yet.Might give it a go on my holidays next week and see how it go's

Swim at 90 degree's to the current and gain speed in two directions while only doing half the work
>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 22 2012 :  10:21:27  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron

Thanks so much, I went their and looked that was good and then I found the goggle translator . I got to page 3 and I knew It was way over my head, for something that simple they worked really hard to loose me. LOL From what I could gather it runs 99% efficiency and that is with brgs. Air brgs could do wonders for it and tinmans magic diodes could hoo noos and thanks for the kudooos

Doug

Edited by - 49er on January 22 2012 10:23:04
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 22 2012 :  11:09:10  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

The use of , as you say "TinMans magic diodes" could certainly improve the output from the generator.

The concept of feeding the voltage back is similar to the idea i had when i sent you that article on desulphators and the use of a secondary feedback coil to invert the pulse voltage so that only one battery would run the motor and that the same battery would be charged by "itself".

ron
Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - January 22 2012 :  18:19:01  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a video of Bedini with a motor like this. I have the video on my old shop computer. I will see if I can dig that up. It was different in that his uses what looks to be his seq. Bipolar circuit or the half one. I will try to find it tomorrow. Good to see someone else built along those lines.

al

* Not following the manufacturer recommended specs * ON PURPOSE!
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - January 23 2012 :  04:53:35  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice window build here,
Everytime i see one i always think of the large awesome one shannren build but he has deleted his account so i dont have a link to show you guys :(

TimberJack

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 23 2012 :  05:16:09  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

Ren's motor + build instructions can be found on the link below. And yes it was a true beast ,lol

ron
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 23 2012 :  09:59:22  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron

Thanks, I had forgotten about that one. That came out in my beginning days and was way way over my head to build and now it is way way over my pocket. LOL

Doug
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - January 23 2012 :  12:53:38  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ron,

Thanks for the link...yeh it was an awesome window setup :)

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - January 23 2012 :  16:40:27  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the video I posted about earlier.

al

Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - January 23 2012 :  17:15:14  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah , Thanks Ron_o. Most of the time when I am on here I am on my phone and don't look at every single file and video until I find a computer. Limited data on my phone and at home so I try to behave until I get to the shop where there is no data limit.

al

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 23 2012 :  17:24:19  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi fan

Just like to other motor, for me at the time I watched that it went way over my head. now I am thinking I will make a small one from HF magnets and what it is, is what it is LOL

Doug
Go to Top of Page

fan1701
Average Member

USA
243 Posts

Posted - January 24 2012 :  19:52:00  Show Profile Send fan1701 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi 49er. I think a small one would be cool and a lot more feasible for the average person, including me [ :)]

al

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 25 2012 :  03:05:08  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys

I have been watching and looking at the "Boing" circuit . He's not doing anything to capture bemf from the drive coil, so that needs sorting. The other thing is is voltage , does anyone know if a high voltage /very small drive current version haas ever been built ( say 80 - 100 volts at a few ma ) ?

ron
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 25 2012 :  13:40:28  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron

All the video shows is around 12v but he doesn't show how high the caps get. Job's version has no info on it either. BUMMER

Doug
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 26 2012 :  05:15:22  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

The voltage on the caps will always be falling fron its initial charge value ( otherwise the motor would accelerate and keep on accelerating. Since the motor eventually stops this cannot be happening. It is possible to calculate ( only very approx ) the charge/discharge rate of the caps
.I will put pen to paper and see ( roughly ) whats going on.

ron
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 26 2012 :  09:06:53  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron and All

This one TM put me on to it. Real or not. I don't want it to disappear before they steel it LOL

Doug
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 26 2012 :  09:19:27  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Found just the motor and IT IS very cool

Doug
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - January 26 2012 :  19:11:51  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This reminds what i used to do with my RC cars dc motors...:))
Put a small Neo on the outherside at the right spot...;-)
And your RC car will go like the Road Runner till the motor or/and brushes burned out completely.lol
But it will go much Much and MUCH fasterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.lol

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 27 2012 :  09:45:57  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

I wished I knew that when I raced RC cars that would have been supper.

Doug
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - January 27 2012 :  23:44:34  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow that is one big window motor.So anyone know what happened to this bloke?-he need's to come join up lol

Swim at 90 degree's to the current and gain speed in two directions while only doing half the work
>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - January 28 2012 :  04:23:51  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well TM , hes from down under to so go pay him a visit.lol
Maybe hes reading this forum here and will join some time in the future but as erfinder said in your LAG section, he is working alot.

At 49er, just try it...:)
1 or 2 block neo`s is more than enough to make that motor go nuts...you just have to find the right spot and youre ready to go ^^

TimberJack

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 28 2012 :  11:49:49  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TJ

I still have a Friend that raises trucks and I might go see him race and take some magnets LOL of coarse I won't tell him when I put them on. LOL

Doug
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - January 28 2012 :  23:12:33  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guy's-in reguards to the first window motor of this topic-the one that the asian's or what ever they are built,is it not just the same as JB's circuit with caps insted of a run battery and on the charge side ,insted of a cap and a set of points they have just gone from the FWBR back to the run cap's?

>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 29 2012 :  06:24:25  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TinMan

Yes , you are correct. Also no attempt is made to recover any remaining BEMF from the collector/drive coil, hence Doug's comments in an earlier posting regarding the need for you "magic doides" to improve the performance.

ron
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - January 29 2012 :  06:28:06  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Magic diode's lol-well i do have a window motor just sitting there,needs a third winding but will give it a shot soon

>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - January 29 2012 :  07:13:34  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TinMan

It would seem that this Boing motor may have been a continuation of another persons work:-

I have read that the third / generator winding should have twice the number of turns as the drive / trigger windings.

BTW have you any idea what speed the boing motor is running at ?

ron
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - January 29 2012 :  10:33:43  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron and TM

The other motor is easer to see. As far as the coil goes I think the length was 4000' that number just sticks in my head so don't hold me to it

Doug
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - January 29 2012 :  18:50:11  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no idea how fast it is running-not to quick by the looks.Window motors can be made very eficient,you only have to look at some of dadhav's-he has to measure the voltage down to the 6th decimal to see the voltage dropping in the cap.

>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page

Magneticitist

USA
681 Posts

Posted - February 01 2012 :  23:51:05  Show Profile  Visit Magneticitist's Homepage Send Magneticitist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i have played with a ton of tiny window style setups with little N52's where there was very little friction in the rotor, and it was damn hard to get any of them to run off caps at low voltages, and the ones that did would not run longer than 30 seconds to a minute. it would take supercaps for long runs. the main thing i started noticing was that no matter what slight variations i made in the coils and arrangements, it seemed like it was all about the magnets.. just using stronger magnets always made the most difference. i've seen those little top bedinis running from microamps before while simultaneously lighting leds via satellite magnets but those neo tops are usually pretty strong too.

it seemed to me like this BOING motor had too much magnetic friction somewhere but i guess thats where the magnets and momentum come in. in the beginning was he trying to short the capacitors showing they were empty? cause it looked like he used a small lithium cell or something lol i dont know.. but at the same time it looked like when he was spinning the rotor up lenz was kicking in and slowing it a little showing it was really charging the caps.
thought the soundtrack from the laptop was hilarious tho..

@Ron it looks like maybe around 120-150 rpm?

[on the gravy train with biscuit wheels]

Edited by - Magneticitist on February 01 2012 23:54:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2