International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 SEC 15x/18x and Offshoots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - January 04 2012 :  00:15:09  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I played around with the SEC 15 circuit variant jonnydavro recently modified in a recent video of his, and it is a lot of fun. Runs very cool at 12V, gave plasma, coil is under1" diameter, and under 3" in height. Very effective little circuit indeed.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - January 04 2012 :  02:13:25  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even better results! What a cool circuit to toy with.
Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - January 04 2012 :  19:11:45  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi KC, very nice videos on this, impressive :))
I will have another go with some circuit to see if i can get my going before i work on what i wrote in my Tesla Wireless post.

TimberJack

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Go to Top of Page

Kudzu
Administrator

USA
1619 Posts

Posted - January 11 2012 :  03:04:32  Show Profile Send Kudzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey kc, I liked the videos , what's the second one running on micro-amps that is cool..

==================================================

I still think the only dumb questions are the one's you didn't ask ...
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - January 13 2012 :  06:25:24  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kudzu

Hey kc, I liked the videos , what's the second one running on micro-amps that is cool..

Well, it wasn't microamps unfortunately. i got some pretty good light at 20 mA though. All things considered. I hit resonance, got plasma, things were rocking, but then I had forgot to put the protection LED + 2 diodes series, from the emitter to the base.

-12V +--->|LED--- - +---4148>|--- - +---4148>|--- Base

Blew the high gain.
Then I cut the pigtail on my L3 (main) coil, that further ruined things.

Got a new build now though, still testing.
It should be easy, but it's not. Not for me anyway.
The way i see it, (and what do I know, really) , it's a like
a bug detector / amplifier.

Your snooping for RF energy, and it's out there.
You gotta sift through a lot of MPSA06's to get real good
gain. 200+ And have the circuit in resonance. Then its
fun.

but the Doctor takes it further. He teaches you how to take a coil (must be close to specs), find a the spatial resonance frequency of THAT coil, and use the circuit in that manner with a signal gen to bring energy in. Easier said than done. Especially without a spectrum analyzer. Best arguable replication I have seen, so far, is from Raui. Might be other ones too.

For me, just hitting a self resonance was fun enough; a first time.
Seeing plasma from such a tiny coil.
Cheers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!

Edited by - kcarring on January 13 2012 06:30:41
Go to Top of Page

Magneticitist

USA
681 Posts

Posted - January 13 2012 :  15:54:38  Show Profile  Visit Magneticitist's Homepage Send Magneticitist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the whole 20mA input thing is what makes me want to get a stiffler style circuit working good.. but i have to say.. without the wicked plasma u are missing out.. sure the small towers are really cool, and USEFUL, which is why i really want to get one working, but if you dont have a really large tower that spits melting and burning plasma, u are seriously missing out lol.. the fun-factor cant be ignored, and u cant get the same fun on the smaller towers.

ok question kyle, the mpsa06's u use, you say it takes you a while to find the cream of the crop.. so does that mean you can pretty much count on not getting the same results with some 2N2222's that have NOT been sifted through?

basically what i mean is, am i going to need to find one of these good mpsa06's in order to get it working the same?

[on the gravy train with biscuit wheels]
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - January 13 2012 :  17:17:02  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mag,

I can't honestly say, are your 2N2222's metal ones or plastic ones? I did sucessfully replicate this experiment by JL Naudin in negative resistance.

But, and a big but. I don't have a True RMS Fluke.

In theory they should work, personally I have had a lot of trouble getting even "average" MPSA06's to work. When I say work, I mean great output, and plasma... I've had a 2n3904 (or was it 6?) work, as in oscillate... so I'd imagine some 2222's should oscillate... but only the MPSA06, and the one of them, at that... gave plasma.

The output (light) at 20mA, was reasonable, but not "incredible" -- I have never produced as much light (per watt) as, for example, Jiffycoil has with a tuned Slayer, in that one vid, so... nothing "miraculous" that would entirely suggest I hit the magic bell of spatial resonant frequency. Except one thing, which i was not able to film. When I hit my absolute sweet spot, I added several paralled 0-5 pF varcaps to my already installed varcap, and sometimes when I tweaked them I got "flashes" During every flash, my input bottomed right out, down to the teens for mA. I don't know what to think about that, but I will say the flashes were more in accordance with the light I have seen from 1-2 watts of energy... not 12.6V X 0.01a = ~ 0.13 watts. That was what keeps me interested (well, that and watching the doctor fire 49 LEDs off of a signal gen's output, of course). I am now replicating as close as possible the spec'd SEC 18.X circuit to a T.

I agree with high output / fun statement and I am still working on getting higher/larger towers into resonance too.

Did you catch my bit about running the Slayer on HV, in the Slayer thread :) That was some output , oh yea LOL, brute force output LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!

Edited by - kcarring on January 13 2012 17:37:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2