International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Green Products
 Electric
 Green Traveling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - March 24 2018 :  13:51:39  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seemed to be the best place to put this.

I'm about to turn the page on life and start a new chapter. With all I have learned from this site I've put that knowledge into what I'm about to do. Travel as Green as possible.

The first run heads into the Northeast Maritimes, then Fall into the Southwest.

Now the truck to pull has to run on fossil fuel, but all else really doesn't have to. How much can I rely on battery and solar? Well, time will tell.

I've done my usage calculations and my recovery and 'hope' one of my 130w panels will do the trick. Figuring 30+- amps daily usage and dual 6v 230ah Batt's (LA's), I'm hoping for 6 days autonomy, with no recovery. Yes, thinking I may have to hold back a bit at times.

I did setup two re-charge pods for the IPhones, Ipad's and Bluetooth speaker (oonz) with the new Lion batteries I bought. Laptop takes more than that will produce and would be re-charged as we travel.

Frig will have to run on propane for now. I do not have enough Lion's to run it efficiently. Well, that and heat as required..

In 3 weeks the new trailer is in the yard and I start modifying it.

You have a suggestion as to what else I can do, please speak up!

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4489 Posts

Posted - March 25 2018 :  16:05:17  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR
Are you going to be boon docking or in RV parks?

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2