International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 TSO SS 5 or 10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - January 02 2012 :  12:59:07  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tesla Switch Oscillator 5 or 10T Oscillation Over-Thruster

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - 49er on January 02 2012 13:01:49

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 13 2012 :  13:58:43  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Plexiglas board to wind the wire and mount the transistors on. The board is 4" X 8" X .210" Get a mica transistor isolator to lay out your pattern as you see in the pic below

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er

Edited by - 49er on February 13 2012 14:04:00
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - February 27 2012 :  23:31:23  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey 49'er :)

I am going to give a shot at this one, next. It will be 9T. To do the cap & Diode mod, do I need, then a cap & diode for each leg, each base leg I mean, for each transistor? Comparing this diagram, to the TSO with cap and diode mod.

Thanks.
Kyle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 28 2012 :  08:36:55  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

The cap and diode mod is for the trigger line only.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - February 29 2012 :  03:29:58  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Less money! I like it already. hehe Is it a tuning effect? Seems to me I have done similar things to a joule thief to increase output.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 29 2012 :  08:54:19  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kc

Start a new thread in the SS and when you get it built it will take a lower resistance on your trigger line.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - March 03 2012 :  12:04:05  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug.

I have my coil done (including strands of grass) and I am just waiting on the resistors to arrive.
I ran into a slight setback trying to solder the transistors to a copper bus bar.
The solder just doesn't want to stick to it.
Will ruffing up the copper with a wire brush help out or do I need a different type of solder?
I will start a thread as soon as I start putting it all together.
Hoping the resistors will arrive this coming week.

Meant to post this in the other thread.
I did knot realize the 2 posts had the same heading

Edited by - IrishDave on March 03 2012 12:07:04
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - March 03 2012 :  12:43:57  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave

No problem on the thread. The reason for this thread is to post just the need to know stuff and then talk about each individual build in the specific thread area and I use emery cloth to sand my wire but a wire brush will work it may take longer to get the same finish.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  05:12:37  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm OK some questions here. The diagram was a bit fuzzy so I photoshoped it up a bit, as I am already at a handicap not knowing much about electronics.

My questions are:

Where there is an 'x' at a wire intersection means the wires don't connect to each other right?

It seems like the coil has two wires. One that connects to a bus that connects all the collectors of the transistor on one end and to the negative of the battery that is being charged. The other loop/coil looks like it connects one end to the 100 ohm resistor and the other to the negative of the battery that is providing the power, so the coil is bifillar right? The rest looks like I can figure out if what I said was correct.

I like it. I looks quite simple.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2079 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  01:30:27  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey shakamuni, what i can do for you, is make a video of the 10T and get close ups on the wiring of each transistor, that might help you get this down. a picture is worth a thousand words at times. so do not worry, ill have one for you this weekend.

Skype user name: SD3Txxx
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  01:31:46  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi shak

Yes when you see the X that indeed says no connection. SD3T and I will help all we can.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  07:10:07  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys
Almost ready to start assembly, think I have all the pieces now. Except the 5408 diodes,
I still have plenty of 4007 that I will double up.
To over simplify this a little, basically its the same as my SS SSG except for the placement of the charge battery and of coarse
the higher voltage. Im I right or even close?

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

shakamuni01
Average Member

USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  08:08:29  Show Profile Send shakamuni01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks SD3T Look forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  11:17:42  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi msm

just changing one wire and the 2 battery set up which is what you said BUT SD3T has measured more than 2 amps on the transistors so I would use 3 of the 4007's HTH (hope this helps) SD3T has his set up so he can switch back and forth between TS and SSG. He has seen over 20 amps with it in the SSG mode but not for long.LOL That is why I said 3 diodes

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  23:59:03  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL 49er
Thanks I will

—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - December 16 2012 :  22:09:42  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug

Is it only one emitter that runs back to the pri battery?
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  06:05:56  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey IrishDave Welcome back
I should prob wait for Doug But Ill tell you they all need to be hooked up. Although this is the first time I noticed that in the diagram above they are not.

—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  07:37:38  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TY msmjr.

I have no 100ohm pots, so will a 2k pot work?

Where should I place my amp meter on the setup and will a 2 amp meter be ok?
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  09:21:17  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave

Glad to see you back. In regards to your question msm is correct a 100% can't figure how we have missed that one so good catch on your part. We as a group have learned a lot with this build and if you are going to use this in the TS mode you don't need a pot you will need a resistor, but we will get to that. This is a very powerfully pulse charger for batteries and works best for golf cart batteries so 200 + ah is what it likes to chew on.lol A couple of things we have changed and I have not updated the drawing so I probably shod now for everyone. I will just tell you what one of them are. You do not need the 1n4001 diode across B & C it gone because it is only needed to keep the circuit from self oscillating in a motor setting. LOL We want it to do just that so leave it off.
If you want to run a amp meter put it between the - run battery and the emitter and also a switch before that and before that a inline fuse. What we have learned also is that we don't need all the transistors and wire for the charger because it is better than we need most of the time. The TS is the important part of the build and so save you some money. I have made HHO with this in a 1 transistor setup and with that same unit I can charge a 225 ah battery it just takes a little longer 28 to 30 hrs so it is not a C20 rate more like a C30 rate. I have been talking about 6v batteries and SD3T and I laugh at this every time we think about this because to charge a 12v battery you have to have 24v on the run side and he didn't chat that in the drawing 4 or 5 trys and then the light came on. Good joke for us always. So if you want to charge 12v batteries you need 24v run and the resistance is a little different BUT not much. What we have used is from on a 10T setup for the power control resistor between 25 ohms and .022 ohms LOL yes. We have found more power than you can believe when you need it and that is the reason for my statement you don't need a pot you need a resistor. But in your case yes a 2k pot will work for the first few times just to get a reading on what resistor to get. It will be all on one end of the pot and very hard to control with any accuracy. You can control some more with a smaller wire on the - run line say 24 ga will limit you amps to the transistor and that is assuming on my part you make a 10T. So lets here back and I will Help as much as I can because this thing KICKS BUTT see ya

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

IrishDave

Ireland
850 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  10:15:02  Show Profile Send IrishDave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TY Doug.

I don't have any inline fuses. Are they a standard 12v fuse used in cars?

I had noticed in your videos that you were running 24v to charge 12v. I was wondering why that was.

So do I swap the 100ohms 2w resistor for a 25ohms one? and does it still have to be 2w?

I just need to add a fuse, a pot and a resistor and connect up the 11 wires of the coil and I should be good to go.

I will start a thread when I have it finished.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  10:30:26  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave

Yes standard auto fuse will work. a glass or flat blade big or small just not larger in amps than 10 amps. The TS uses a 2 to 1 voltage usage and that is what gives it its kick but it will charge 2X as much meaning you can charge 2 12v in parallel at the same time just try to keep them equal in AH. Please start your thread on the next post.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  11:14:39  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody
Hey Doug
Could I talk you into doing that update on the schematic I think I've got some experimenting to do.LOL
PC

If it aint broke dont fix it!
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  11:24:56  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi PC

Yes later today I will make it and post.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  16:43:39  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug
I just acquired a bunch of agm batteries,theyare in good shape came out of an old ups system. Just wondering about charging agm batts with the tso. Havent tried yet but they are small and I will have to make a 5t or smaller. What do you think?
I have 4 12 volt 18 amphr , 2 12 volt 12 amphr,14 12 volt 7 amp hr and 4 6 volt 9 amphr.
Do you see any good use for them. Maybe bundle them and use them to charge other batts?
I dont know. Any suggestions?
Thanks
PC

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  22:33:17  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi PC

The TSO is way to big for any of those batteries go with a SS SSG for something that small. The TSO is made for batteries of 150 AH or a bank of at least that starts at that AH.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - December 17 2012 :  22:37:55  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IrishDave, one side of the trigger... no emitters...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - December 18 2012 :  12:00:21  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys
So am I safe in saying DELETE the diode from base to emitter,and also no ( in my case)47 ohm resister on the base either.
Thanks
PC

Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - December 18 2012 :  12:03:29  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also when you figure out the resistance for the pot eliminate it too. then its just plug and play?

Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - December 18 2012 :  23:39:55  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey pcmagnut
Correct in removing the diode from B&E. Leave the 47ohm on the base of each trans and use a single 5ohm, 10ohm or a 20ohm 10w resistor to replace the pot.

—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - December 19 2012 :  07:16:41  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you msm
I am wanting to convert my ssg to a tso so that helps very much.
Thanks again
PC

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - December 19 2012 :  08:24:09  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi PC

Could you start your own thread on your build. Thanks

msm Thanks for the help with the answerers

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

pcmagnut
Average Member

USA
265 Posts

Posted - December 19 2012 :  08:40:29  Show Profile Send pcmagnut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug
Yes I will. I will start a couple of them one for the tso change and one for the 5t
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Kongen

32 Posts

Posted - July 29 2013 :  18:48:00  Show Profile Send Kongen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a good question.
Only one wire to one emitter, or one wire to all of them?

quote:
Originally posted by IrishDave

Hi Doug

Is it only one emitter that runs back to the pri battery?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - August 02 2013 :  10:15:40  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kongen

Sorry for the late answere misted it. One wire will work but it also goes to a buss bar or buss wire then it needs to be big enough to carry the load for the distance. The bigger the better, also use eyelets on the charge ends because the battery clips loose to much and get hot. Most of us use 12 ga wire on 5 Ts or more. Hope this helps

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

Kongen

32 Posts

Posted - August 06 2013 :  16:11:01  Show Profile Send Kongen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much.
Now, what is the best frequency to charge batteries with?
I have now some experience with resistors of different values. Is it best to go up to as much amps as possible without burning things up, or better to stay low at about 1 amp and run things cool?
Another question, is it ok to charge a 6 volt golf cart battery with 36 volt from 6 golf cart batteries, or does it have to be 12/6 and 24/12?

quote:
Originally posted by 49er

Hi Kongen

Sorry for the late answere misted it. One wire will work but it also goes to a buss bar or buss wire then it needs to be big enough to carry the load for the distance. The bigger the better, also use eyelets on the charge ends because the battery clips loose to much and get hot. Most of us use 12 ga wire on 5 Ts or more. Hope this helps

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - August 06 2013 :  18:13:03  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kongen

With the TSO its only 2 to 1 so 12 to 6 or 24 to 12 or 36 to 18. Each battery is different so just keep it cold and as much power as it will take BUT try to keep it to 20 hrs to charge.

Doug
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2