International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Pulse Motors
 16 Inch Bicycle Wheel with 14 magnets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Luciano
Average Member

223 Posts

Posted - December 06 2017 :  17:16:17  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finished constructing a 16 inch bicycle wheel with 14 magnets, actually i built the second one for a friend of mine.
The point is to make a bedini wheel (its one of the better experiments he made) and also i have a video by peter lindemann where he gives advice on how to optimize it.

this is only the mechanical part,,, the wheel, timing disks etc...
havent started the coils yet.. (will need to do a lot of reading)
But i think its a good start..

Luc

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4489 Posts

Posted - December 06 2017 :  18:43:24  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Luc

They look very nice and the free wheel looks very good not much drag.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

223 Posts

Posted - December 10 2017 :  15:35:55  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, i spent 3 hours today winding a quadfiler coil.
Result is OK..
I did a first run video.
My camera is not working correctly, loosing focus etc... so i had to do some editing.. sorry for that.

But it gives the possibility to see how low the consumption is..
60 mA or 0.7 Watt for a speed of 385 rpm...

Ok, I am using all the BackEmf, feeding it back to the circuit. That is the reason for the low consumtion.

Next on todo list: do the same test with a bedini circuit. (This here is a modified Skycollection circuit.)

Then i will wind 2 more coils and use them as pickup coils and see what output i can get.

Cu @ll

Luc
Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

223 Posts

Posted - December 10 2017 :  16:39:28  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well here is the test with the bedini circuit.

It seems that with the feedback both cirduits, the above skycollection circuit and the bedini circuit here have the exact same consumtion and power.
without the feedback, the bedinicircuit is slightly better, using 140 mA vs 180 for the other circuit.
So as we are going to use external pickup coils, it doesn't matter which ciruit we are using.

Luc
Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

223 Posts

Posted - December 10 2017 :  17:00:19  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One question asked by a user who watched one of the videos:
How do you feed back...

Let me give you the example of the above bedini circuit.

You have four strands of wire... A, B, C and D

strand A is the trigger,, ok
strand B and C Are the run coil i wire them in paralel.
strand D will be my feedback..

The Start side of the D strand (same side as the run Start) will go to the minus of the circuit. The End side needs a diode ( I use uf4007 - but others will do the job as well) it is then connected to the plus.
if it does not work.. you made a mistake with start and end of the strand. In a bedini circuit the start of the run strand is connected to the plus. In the feedback the End is connected with a diode to the plus. (the diode pointing to the plus)

Hope I was clear enough--

But attention... the feedback will never be more than the power used. It will just feedback the backemf to the circuit. You can also use it to charge a battery.. but it will never be able to power the circuit.

Luc

Edited by - Luciano on December 10 2017 17:03:19
Go to Top of Page

morbus

25 Posts

Posted - December 10 2017 :  17:04:23  Show Profile Send morbus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks luc where is the skycollection circuit
Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

223 Posts

Posted - December 10 2017 :  17:18:36  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well he shows it in the video here You must be logged in to see this link.
he calls it JL94
Only modification i made is a 10k pot and a 330 ohm resistor in series instead of the 1k resistor and i used different transistors:
i use tip3055 as npn and tip2955 as pnp. Actually you can use any npn pnp pair. dont use too weak ones.
I also added a neon to visualize the backemf between collector an emittor of the 3055 (NPN)
But that is the circuit. You only need 1 strand to make the pulse motor run. Any pulse motor.

Luc
Go to Top of Page

morbus

25 Posts

Posted - December 11 2017 :  03:45:28  Show Profile Send morbus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Luc
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2