International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussions
 hello need helps about street light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

stiplant

Mali
7 Posts

Posted - July 11 2017 :  12:25:58  Show Profile  Send stiplant an AOL message Send stiplant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello all I wanted to expose my problem, I want to remove the solar panels on street lamps because people steal the solar panels, I wanted to find an altenative solution that can recharge the batteries without panels, I had thought a small impulse motor Or a radiant charger system, but I do not know what will be feasible, maybe some systems will be compatible thank you
My lamps are 12vlts 75 watts battery is 12vlts 100AH

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jerry Volland

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 11 2017 :  13:06:41  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michael Ognyanov built a self powering relaxation oscillator for an external load, such as a flashing light on a street barricade. The output pulses might be capable of recharging a battery, especially when the device is scaled up.

You must be logged in to see this link.

_____
On the fringe of the fringe.
Go to Top of Page

stiplant

Mali
7 Posts

Posted - July 11 2017 :  13:54:37  Show Profile  Send stiplant an AOL message Send stiplant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank JERRY for the information, this device is functional or it is a prototype?
any helps are welcome
Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 11 2017 :  15:56:29  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say it's functional since he did a lot of tests with a variety of mixtures.

_____
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4418 Posts

Posted - July 11 2017 :  16:08:40  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a waste of $16.00 to me.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 11 2017 :  19:47:33  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What does the $16 relate to?

_____
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4418 Posts

Posted - July 11 2017 :  20:36:43  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is what he wants for the book to make one. Good Luck with making it work as advertised.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4418 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  08:59:31  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi stiplant

Lets talk about you theft problem. How are your solar panels mounted so they are stolen? How many are we talking about? Are they to fare apart to run wires? There are no ways of charging a battery of that size without solar but is a way of making the battery smaller and may be the light also so the amount of energy can also be smaller which would make the solar size get smaller so the panels can be mounted higher and deter theft that way. Can you charge batteries in one spot and change them out every day? Just need a little info to help more.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

stiplant

Mali
7 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  12:25:35  Show Profile  Send stiplant an AOL message Send stiplant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jerry How can I get the contact with the inventor?or find some informations about this device 49er the panels are mounted above the pole and the batteries just below the panels they are on an adjustable support to have the angle of inclination. If you could reduce the size of the panels I think it would be much better I can increase the height of the pole a little, really if the panels can be as small as possible I think it will solve the problem, I am willing to reduce the lamp power if that is the only solution thank

Edited by - stiplant on July 12 2017 12:39:42
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4418 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  13:32:42  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This is what I am thinking, your 75 watt light takes 6.25 amps and this light will only takes 1.25 amps.

That is a 4 to 1 reduction of amps, so the battery can be 4 times as small and the solar panel as well. It is just how much light you really need.
Next if you use 18650 cells and a proper charge controller, you will never have to water the batteries again. There are many more lights to choose from, not just that one but that looked like it could be used very easily.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1433 Posts

Posted - July 12 2017 :  17:49:14  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stiplant, sorry for being so slow on getting back to you and very happy you posted!

I look at what you're running now and would switch to LED.
Now with that said, there are better LED lights to buy. And this is important on how you proceed.

I like Joule theif's for running LEDs. Most on the internet run on 1 or 2 AAA or AA batteries. Cool but not really useful in real life. We need larger LEDs and more power to run them.
So I took on the challenge with assistance here and made my own transformer.
I'll link the thread for you.

The thought is to not have the solar panel out where it's exposed. Run the light from battery and re-charge the batteries in a more secure area.

As Doug says, these 18650's revery cool, have the power and easily recharged by solar (or whatever you decide).

Running one LED on my transformer (6watt 120v LED bulb) will produce about 80% of it's full brilliance at 1/2 the draw. It's amazing to me that as I add more bulbs, the draw reduces only by 10% and brilliance by the same. I've gone as far as six, but am happy with 4.

The bulbs: The LEDs you buy (mine Cree's) must have removable covers. Why I say bulbs are specific.
Being able to remove that cover and expose the SMD chip is important. The cover is meant to defuse the light for 'round the house' use. I use them on my workbench and want the most it can give. I take off those covers.
For you outside, up in the air, I would do the same.

Batteries: Loving these 18650's so far. Small, powerful and easy to protect. Make a small case, load it in and the thief is going to really have to work at stealing.
Put a fake camera out there and chances are they leave.

The system: It's actually called at Joule Ringer. Based on Laserhacker original design.
It just takes tweaking to your desired draw to brilliance (that's in the wraps).
The ferrite is important! The unit will run without, yet no where near as efficient.
If you buy the rod, as he suggests, yours will run better than mine!
I salvaged mine from the 'flyback' of discarded CPU's and used chunks in a PVC tube.

Only issue I find with this is it can only be used in close proximity of the light. Only feet away! Or wise I'd have my whole workshop running on it for lighting. Now only the bench.

I'll find the thread or you can look me up and locate it. That is, after all this your still reading.. LOL!

Good to see you here! Hope to see more of you! Hope we can help.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 13 2017 :  12:17:15  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stiplant

Jerry How can I get the contact with the inventor?or find some informations about this device

This is a fairly old patent, so I don't know if he's still around. His Crystal Battery has probably been discussed on some of the other, larger forums, so you might try a Google search on his name.

_____
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1433 Posts

Posted - July 14 2017 :  17:40:14  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stip, if you do search it out, it is out there for free. From what I found it will power 250ma. No where near what 'your' looking for.
Cool design, needs others chasing it to improve. So far, I'm not reading anyone that has...

Jerry, have you? Curious if you have. I'm not so certain anyone has replicated.. I'd like to know more.
If you do, please start a thread so we don't take this over.

Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 15 2017 :  00:34:57  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olddawgsrule

Cool design, needs others chasing it to improve. So far, I'm not reading anyone that has...

Jerry, have you? Curious if you have.

Sometimes the truth is out there in plain sight. And I'm sure that anyone who has a work bench is known about. It would be discouraging if the PTB assigned psychotropic agents to monitor any one who might have the intelligence talent for replication, so something could be pushed out of their minds at the worst possible time.

quote:
I'm not so certain anyone has replicated.. I'd like to know more.
If you do, please start a thread so we don't take this over.

Right, a Power Crystal is a distinct category. I have learned a little and can mix the layers. Occlusion size would seem to be important.

Another alternative to solar panel tethering (for battery charging) is the patented Tourmaline battery. The atomic gradient along a Tourmaline strand is like an arm of a Crop Circle, pumping potential.

quote:
Originally posted by stiplant

hello all I wanted to expose my problem, I want to remove the solar panels on street lamps because people steal the solar panels, I wanted to find an altenative solution that can recharge the batteries without panels[/quote]

_____
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4418 Posts

Posted - July 15 2017 :  08:31:46  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jerry

Can you get more info on the tourmaline battery that your talking about? I can not find anything bigger that a small tourmaline crystal unit that doesn't make enough power to run a 1 watt bulb.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 15 2017 :  13:10:14  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mesh size of the Tourmaline powder doesn't matter since there are always surface regions which possess electrical polarity. A common technique is to embed nano size particles into a fiber, such as Nylon. These fibers can then be woven in to your socks. Or squeezed together into a laundry water pre-conditioning whiffle ball. When short piece fibers are formed into a battery, the powder grains have to be polarized into series relationship. So they're held at an elevated temperature for as long as nearly an hour, or maybe 15 hours, while an electrostatic field is impressed along the length of the battery. And a battery can be made with the fibers pointing outwards, radially.

If you can get a couple milivolts out of a cell, a solar panel sized array would be a big enough source battery to charge up the street light storage cells. An indefinite number of times. You could keep it secured except when you need to roll it out and connect it to the power line wires coming down the light pole.

There's also a Voltage Amplifier Crystal called 'defect free germanosilicate'. This crystal "creates a potential" of 30,000V/cm. That's if you had one that thick, based on single-atom-thickness layers, with a population gradient of 5% up and down, so that the bottom layer is pure germanium and the top layer is pure silicon. So that sounds like 21 layers - hardly anywhere close to a cm in thickness. A solar panel manufacturing company in Tuscon, Arizona put two layers of this 'transistor alloy' on top of their panel aheets (under the charge accumulating strip electrodes) and measured a 4.5 percent increase in the output.

_____

Edited by - Jerry Volland on July 15 2017 13:14:37
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1433 Posts

Posted - July 15 2017 :  13:16:25  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who is the Solar Company Jerry? I want to look them up!!

Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 15 2017 :  14:30:20  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olddawgsrule

Who is the Solar Company Jerry? I want to look them up!!

I have no recollection of that; it was just a two or three paragraph article in the newspaper. I doubt there's that many down there. (edit:) Contact all of them an ask if they're using the transistor alloy with their panels. (/edit)

And another thing we learned from Tesla was to store up high frequency pulses, then discharge the energy at a slower rate.

_____

Edited by - Jerry Volland on July 15 2017 14:44:37
Go to Top of Page

stiplant

Mali
7 Posts

Posted - July 16 2017 :  18:17:13  Show Profile  Send stiplant an AOL message Send stiplant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your answers, in summary what are the best solutions that I can use for my problem all advice are welcome
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4418 Posts

Posted - July 16 2017 :  18:29:32  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LED's are a must

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

stiplant

Mali
7 Posts

Posted - July 16 2017 :  20:19:52  Show Profile  Send stiplant an AOL message Send stiplant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello 49er if i understand i must use led light? my lamp is led 75w please explain to me what you want say thank
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4418 Posts

Posted - July 16 2017 :  21:31:36  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi stiplant
You only said 75 watt not LED sorry my misunderstanding

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
75 Posts

Posted - July 18 2017 :  17:30:28  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been off grid for over five years, and the best interim system seems to be using a small genset to charge my tablet and phone, at any hour. This gives me the hope for free power if I convert the generator to run on water. For my LED room lights, I'm using sets of three D cell 12 Amp/hr rechargeable alkaline batteries. These sets recharge in five minutes from my 60 W solar panel, with a pulsing switch. Other charging systems would depend on factors such as wind availability, construction budget, and amount of attention willing to be directed.

_____

Edited by - Jerry Volland on July 18 2017 17:31:48
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1433 Posts

Posted - July 18 2017 :  17:39:33  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hear you Jerry! Me, II hope to find a spot with a good stream! I like Hydro over all others. Doesn't take much when it runs 24/7..

To stip: I need to re-do my little Joule Ringer experiment for you. Running LED's on it is efficient inlays I didn't think possible. Work has pretty much taken over, but I will make a point of doing this.

Go to Top of Page

stiplant

Mali
7 Posts

Posted - August 12 2017 :  20:09:34  Show Profile  Send stiplant an AOL message Send stiplant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello the team, I am back on my subject I would like to make a suggestion, if the moderators could create a post for me because I would like all those who have solutions regarding my requests to bring their ideas, I can pay a few Components necessary for testing, the goal here is to be able to design a new type of street light either solar or any other system, in the case of panels I wish it was really very small, I ask your help to all thank you
Go to Top of Page

stiplant

Mali
7 Posts

Posted - August 13 2017 :  19:41:05  Show Profile  Send stiplant an AOL message Send stiplant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello i saw one video on youtube i want want to what do you think about this device ,it is not possible to use this device to charge the battery thank https:

//You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2