International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussions
 My New 3D Printer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - April 25 2017 :  17:59:09  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

My new Maker Select V2 is up and running, made a test print and it came out great. Bad news is the first PLA won't be in until Friday, Bummer. I have to build a 7 volt meter holder with switches first to fit on/in the camper pack to keep up with it. Great time and lots of fun.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 07 2017 :  09:52:25  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks very cool! A little reading up on it speaks of a few Mods required, but most you make the parts with the unit.

One talked of temperature control, but showed a simple grounding Mod to cure it.

Another was just re-calibrating the feed speed. As he put it, the feed was just too fast allowing the material to cool, stop, then spit out a glob.. He reset the feed speed and cured the issue.
Also believe he was using a higher temp filament than what is recommended for it.

For the tweaks I've been reading (all being pretty simple) and the cost of this unit, looks real cool!

May ask you to make me a loading disc/stick for my PCP Rifle!! To hard to load it with my scope in place..
I'll need to lookup the software it uses again!

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - May 07 2017 :  18:28:56  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

I am using cura for the slicer and sketchup 2016 for the design part so you get your setup and post it and I will help, right now I only have PLA but I also am leaving for the gold mine in a week and the printer will stay behind MONTH long

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  15:47:29  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going to be curious what you make with it

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2