International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussions
 benefits of having a strategic energy management
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karen Stogz

USA
13 Posts

Posted - April 19 2017 :  09:19:31  Show Profile Send Karen Stogz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In an Industrial and Manufacturing Business, does it really help if you build a strategic energy management program? Will it reduce operating and maintenance costs and equipment wear? What are the other benefits of having a strategic energy management program?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 20 2017 :  17:07:58  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First comment: Any Company without a Management Plan (otherwise known as a Business Plan) is doomed to fail.

To be Energy Specific is only part of.
Important, yes! Every dollar saved means profit.

Operating costs will reduce, Maintenance costs really depends upon the needs of the equipment (not knowing what those are..), same goes for wear & tear of the same.
Technology has come quite a ways that I see several companies investing in new. Is it right for you? That's a bit of research on your part since only you know what your doing and using.

The biggest part of a Business Plan is to be as efficient as possible. Why is that machine running when it's not in use? What are the costs involved in shutting it down and starting it back up? Then time involved? Was it better to keep it running?

The company I'm involved with right now does no production. Their a field installation based company. Computer stations are shut down at night (before left on). Heat is on an auto thermostat (constant before). Doors are shut as leaving (left open before). Lights are on auto switches, only on as their is activity in the room. I looked for all those items that draw through the night on idle.. Printers, computers, lighting, etc... Shut them down.

Main focus is the field now. Good efficient equipment for the workforce. As we go into the field, what savings do we bring along to the client? This company is now asked for because of what we have done.

So is it beneficial.. Hell ya!

The greatest abuse I found within this company is wasted printing!
I could not believe the amount of paper being used for no reason.
From an energy point of view.. Think of those printers, the shedder, the guy that disposes of, then the cost on the despoil side of things.
Trucking fuel, their costs..

The simple answer after all that is: Yes it's important.
You wish to come out on top in your Company.
Look around at the abuses.
Report them here, I'll help as I can.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

212 Posts

Posted - April 21 2017 :  21:27:57  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, i am not trying to highjack this thread, but just a teeny weeny comment on:
quote:
Lights are on auto switches, only on as their is activity in the room.

I hate those...
Sometimes I have to work at EU headquarters in brussels when there are big events... and we get small offices at our disposal so we can work on our laptops..
if I sit there for 10 minutes and write on my laptop, suddenly the lights turn off.. i try to wave with a sheet of paper, with my arms... nothing.. I have to get up and make a step in the room so that the lights go on again.
But i have to read documents on the table besides me.. so that happens about 20 times an evening
its a real pain...
there are no light switches at all.. and you can only change it per software in the main control room.
(and they wont change it for us 4 people, on 2 days every 2 months, in a building with at least 2000 offices that only work from 9 to 5 and dont need lights.)

So I am not convinced by the auto-switches, because we are now bringing our own 300 watt lighting system we plug in so that we can work.

(for security reasons they dont let you bring in little desktop lamps that would consume less)

Luc

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - April 22 2017 :  10:10:40  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Luc

Very good. I have a hat with LED lights that I use in the winter in the mornings until sun rise you could try. LOL

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Luna Hardee

6 Posts

Posted - June 16 2017 :  08:10:14  Show Profile Send Luna Hardee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Use LED lights. Equipment with inverter lowers the energy cost.
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 16 2017 :  16:59:23  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna Hardee

Use LED lights. Equipment with inverter lowers the energy cost.

Luna, would you explain a little further what you mean by use of inverter.
I think I know where your headed, but wish to hear it from you. I can not respond till I know what you mean.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

Karen Stogz

USA
13 Posts

Posted - July 28 2017 :  06:24:00  Show Profile Send Karen Stogz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We recently got an You must be logged in to see this link.. We think it'd be able to help us with our strategic energy management program. For now, we're training our key employees regarding the solution.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2