International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussions
 sustainability solutions and strategies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sheena Ruiz

Philippines
28 Posts

Posted - March 27 2017 :  21:27:29  Show Profile Send Sheena Ruiz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sustainability, climate change, energy and energy efficiency, green consumption and urban sustainable development are globally recognized challenges for the 21st century. What solutions do you use to create an enterprise-wide sustainability strategy that will transform your processes and business?

Sheena Ruiz

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - March 28 2017 :  09:04:11  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - March 28 2017 :  16:45:14  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sustainability: As in self-sustained, in a corporate environment, probably no, yet that doesn't mean not to do what you can.
In a National view, use local items as much as possible. Why buy overseas when locally you can buy the same for probably only pennies more. That 'sustains' the local economy.

Climate change: That's a catch phrase to me. If your looking to reduce your emissions, then what are they(?) and how to reduce?
Identify the issue first. Solutions will be easier to find.

Energy Efficiency: Many companies have gone away from incandescent lighting. Motion sensor light switches are everywhere I go now, lights are out if no ones in there. Auto thermostats to control the heat. Auto faucets to control water usage (restrictor values to control flow), pre set single handled faucets for temp. The list just goes on..

Green Consumption: Another catch phrase to me. I burn wood, green, yet emissions are high. I have a re-burn stove to reduce that. Solar panels are an amazing technology. Still has a ways to go before it can replace, yet potential is there. Oil is natural, as is gas, yet not considered 'green'. Why? Here in the US we have plenty of it and should be using it (goes back to sustainability of a region). LEEDS is a joke to me.. sorry.. The products used to be LEEDs certified is of poor quality.

Urban Sustainability: In a city situation, goes to efficiency. Rural, well now you have the room to do something a bit more substantial.

I belong to an invite only group of entrepreneurs/business owners looking to do the same.
One individual cover his factory with Solar panels. It wasn't to 'Go Green' but to reach out to a clientele that believed the statement. The costs to him are greater than before and no possibility of recovery of costs from Solar. His sales rocketed! Well worth the investment.
I said that only for you to understand the difference of savings (what is called green) and what is sometimes being done.
I'm seeing far too many 'start-ups' claiming solutions, when the real solutions are truly the simplest.

Efficiency to me is the key.
Buy local and increase the local economy.

Start with identifying the issues at hand.
Exactly, what do you wish to improve.
Then, and only then, can a plan be put in place to achieve.

LOL, should have said that first and saved you all the reading...

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

Sheena Ruiz

Philippines
28 Posts

Posted - June 13 2017 :  22:31:52  Show Profile Send Sheena Ruiz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We've since then hired Ecova to help us with energy management as well as You must be logged in to see this link.. So far, there haven't been visible results in our costs but I think we're getting there.

Sheena Ruiz
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 16 2017 :  17:08:19  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sheena Ruiz

We've since then hired Ecova to help us with energy management as well as You must be logged in to see this link.. So far, there haven't been visible results in our costs but I think we're getting there.

Sheena Ruiz

There are probably some genuine process' they're offering to reduce costs. Yet for what they charge, results are slow.

I realize your company wishes to move forward now, but taking a step back and looking at what is happening and resolving piece at a time is a better strategy.

From your link I think your in Retail, not manufacturing..
We never did get to that point.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2