International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussions
 Tesla's New 2170 cell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 01 2017 :  07:41:57  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

This is a dream for NOW for me.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Sheena Ruiz

Philippines
28 Posts

Posted - February 16 2017 :  09:58:48  Show Profile Send Sheena Ruiz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mass production, wow.

Sheena Ruiz
Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

213 Posts

Posted - February 19 2017 :  23:56:43  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well doug, I still dont trust them and I think they all are much further than they are willing to admit.

I will give you an example of what I mean.
In our office we have server that uses 2 terrabites harddisks.
We just upgraded with the newest 4 terrabite disks.. the newest that just hit the market.
I read the labels of the disks - actually no one else does - and it says: manufactered january 2015.!!!

That means they are already 3 years old when we bought them. and i remember 3 years ago there were no 4 terra disks on the market.!!!

They have gigantic stocks and will be selling them to us (the world) for the next 2 years.
Probably they are allready massproducing the 8 and 10 terrabite disks that will be on the market in 2020.

So if tesla says they are mass producing a cell that can go up to 6000 mA, they are probably allready working on the 10 000mA one without telling anyone.

As for electric cars... the german aerospace has come up with a combustion engine range extender for electric cars.
you can use any fuel from hydrogen to diesel and get extra 600 km range with your electric car.

the story title is: toyota is working on a range extender. (the way fox is presenting it is " fake news")

actually, the germans have the patent of the one shown in the video: (thats the german aerospace one) fox took the video saying its toyota.

But Toyota is also building one, but they only have 1 piston generator (not 2 like the german one) there is a page with pics:

and there are others being built by other companies (no one wants to pay for the patent)
here is another example:

so i think they all are much further than they are willing to admit, because they (including tesla) have to sell their produced stocks first.

Luc

Edited by - Luciano on February 20 2017 00:06:19
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 24 2017 :  13:54:32  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Luc

Good find but it still takes fuel. Tesla is solar, no fuel.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

213 Posts

Posted - February 24 2017 :  23:36:42  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Solar?
My neighbour has a Tesla model S. He has to plug it in...

its nice, but nothing for me, i could not use it.

I just drove to my summerhouse in the south of france,
1250 kilometers, it took me 12 hours (only motorway)

with the tesla it would have taken me 3 days.

Even with those new cells I do not think it would have been able to make it in one go, without recharching.

So I think it will take very long before the cells can be recharged like supercaps. It wont be in my lifetime.

Luc
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 25 2017 :  08:22:08  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Luc

The new 2170 cells is what it is all about, They are good for + 480 K and they have now what they call super charging stations that takes only 1 hr for a full charge, so other than a extra 45 min per charge in your case 2 fill ups the trip will only take an extra 1 1/2 hrs today. So if you also eat at the same time for the 2 45 extra min stops and besides that my wife gets crabby if I go more than 1000 K with out a nap.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

213 Posts

Posted - February 25 2017 :  13:31:57  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well you see, i left this morning at 8:30 and just arrived home in austria.. so it was 11 hours for 1200km .
but still I am sceptical... because i saw people lign up at the regular gas stations.. imagine for the electrical ones. one of the main ones on the road not far from genova is huge, it takes like 500 cars an hour. imagine how big it would have to be if every body was charging (even for 1,5 hours)

i filled up my 85 liters of diesel (yes I hear you) in my old bmw last night and have an autonomy of 1350 km... no way i would fill up on the motorway

you are probably right 20 years from now... but today you cannot pursuade me. I will probably get myself an e car nrxt , to be able to drive in the inner city (they are going to ban diesel cars there next year). but also certainly a range extender (the one up there runs on any kind of fuel including liquid hydrogen) at least until the technology is optimized.

Luc

Edited by - Luciano on February 25 2017 13:33:47
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - February 25 2017 :  13:54:00  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Luc

Here in the states you can see each recharge station and if the have just a charge or super charge and how many of them at each station. So you can call ahead, very cool and get your lunch ordered also. LOL

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Luna Hardee

9 Posts

Posted - June 16 2017 :  08:14:22  Show Profile Send Luna Hardee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We all need solar now especially that energy cost is really very high.
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - June 16 2017 :  18:48:30  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Luna
You are totally correct.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2