International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussions
 noticing there is no static based power board
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - December 23 2016 :  07:38:14  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
to explore static power like is being used to run the static motors that Kultus among others are experimenting with.

I am working on a concept to generate constant static to DC power from a solid state mostly device, that promises to be able to deliver what ever voltage needed based on a cross over resistor to keep from blowing out low voltage units when not hooked up and building power, (dissipates the power before it can reach the levels that make it dangerous for DC circuitry like CPUs and the like.)

will update here unless the admin decide to make a static forum and move it to that or point out that another forum like tesla coils or something else is expected to be used to post about these ideas.

while I am posting, anyone have any good ideas on how to make conductive ink?

I ran across one that used charcoal that is ground up fine and dispersed into a medium (paint in their case) to make such a material, I was planning on using some super fine ground up vein graphite I have here from asbury graphite. good stuff and they now sell one pound or is it one kilo? not sure either way small amounts for experimenting and no limits on how many containers though it is cheaper to buy bigger containers if you are going to use that much, easy to grind up as it is soft and it is very formable with pressure, to make shapes after grinding or even before grinding it up lol,

additionally it is diamagnetic so it reacts to neo magnets by floating in the center of a set of 4 of them pretty well, just an FYI and I can skype with anyone and show them how if they want to see how I made the flat sheet of it out of granules and what I did to keep it sturdy enough for rougher handling, as well as demonstrate the effect.

anywho would like to hear your thoughts on conductive materials and material science behind or effected by triboelectric effect.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
You must be logged in to see this link.
second Youtube channel

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - December 31 2016 :  16:51:45  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vinyl resins would be a good binder for a conductive paint / ink
( Laraflex , it's soluble in Xylene , Toluene and certain ketones )

The resin itself is an insulator but it can withstand high pigment
loading levels

I have also used two pack epoxy glue with graphite but
you must mix the graphite into both hardner and epoxy resin
prior to mixing together
It's most likely not much use as an ink as it stands but it
can be thinned with Xylene or Toluene

ron
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - December 31 2016 :  17:25:53  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi T A

Like ron has done I mixed graphite and also graphene with Polyurethane clear gloss, Sprayed and brushed they had a resistance of under 10 ohms +/-. I have also used graphene with Gum Arabic and also did spray and brush with it in my super caps builds with good luck

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
76 Posts

Posted - December 31 2016 :  21:18:56  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
India Ink is conductive and is available as fountain pens. It's lamp soot carbon mixed into lacquer.

About the floating pyrolytic carbon sheet: I saw a video of the effect and when the magnets were picked up and turned over, the carbon sheet stayed at the same distance, rather than falling off. Is this true, or was the video a fake?

-----

"Use your own free will or someone else will use it for you." - O'Sensei Steve Armstrong.

>>You don't have to go TO the edge to go past it.<<
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - January 11 2017 :  20:01:41  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it did not matter what direction the magnets or the graphite I pressed was oriented as long as it was a flat side against 4 poles of magnetic field to create a divot in the middle to catch it there and was not to big of a sheet, otherwise it would slide off to one side or the other like it was on ice going down a hill lol.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

Jerry Volland

USA
76 Posts

Posted - January 28 2017 :  15:49:32  Show Profile Send Jerry Volland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for verifying the operation. This has direct bearing on a propellant-less thruster. (Patent #5142861)

WRT to the triboelectric series, Tesla had a secret circuit, known only by his assistant Alexei Poppoff, which used shape resonance to quickly build up a static charge on a condenser, due to a self organizing standing wave. Perhaps this would be simpler than using a static induction apparatus?

_____

Every "86!" demands a response.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2