International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Help and Questions
 Battery Info and Questions
 Uses for 18650 Batteries or any simular types
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - November 12 2016 :  10:52:35  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought I'd try a thread on this being Doug has quite a project going (impressed!) and I see smaller uses that I will implement.

A place to put ideas of use for us all to share what and how they're doing.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - November 12 2016 :  10:59:11  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll start by sharing this;

You must be logged in to see this link.

This looks like a decent emergency light for me in the house when (not if) the power goes down.
When they arrive I'll do a review.

If they are what I expect, should be a 3w smd led in there. And if the dome comes off, like some of my others, it will work as specific (bright) lighting or with the dome diffused area lighting.

Edited by - olddawgsrule on November 12 2016 11:01:18
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - November 12 2016 :  13:03:08  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My second offering is this:

These are holders for the 18650 batteries. I'm looking for the same for my sub B drill batteries, so as I recover them I can utilize them as well.

Once again, I'll review them once they arrive.
I expect a basic holder, unwired.
What I do hope is correct. I will want the option of how I want each of them to operate/supply power.
I'm also hoping that there will be a way to easily stack them, so if I need greater power/supply, I have the option.

Secondly, with the balance cables coming in, I hope they help in recovery/charging more than one at a time using my IMAX B6.
Do look at Doug's thread on his new analyzer, I do believe it's better suited for this.

Coming next week. We shall see..

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 12 2016 :  20:29:03  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

Yes Yes thouses are great, the lights will use one 18560 no problem. Should be a great camping light.

The battery holders are the best, the first time I ordered the cheep ones I have to put a very small screw in the + end to make the battery connect. LOL I have 4 of them like yours on order now, good choice.

Mail man brought another 20 batteries to me today so I will be bussy for a while.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 12 2016 :  20:37:07  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

I forgot another use to go along with your battery holders, you can use a TP 4056.

Like this to charge you 18650 requires only 5v and is auto charge plug and play. That is what I will use them for and it takes only 1 amp to drive it.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - November 13 2016 :  07:59:57  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny you mention those..
In cleaning my desk yesterday I came across two I bought a while back when you first mentioned them.

When I bought them, I was thinking backwards on them.. Shame on me..
I thought you charged from the mini USB, not imputed.

So, using an 18650 as input and rigging a mini usb on the other end..
Good for charging the cell phone?
Thinking again of my power-less days upcoming (t'is the season)

quote:
Originally posted by 49er

Hi ODR

I forgot another use to go along with your battery holders, you can use a TP 4056.

Like this to charge you 18650 requires only 5v and is auto charge plug and play. That is what I will use them for and it takes only 1 amp to drive it.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - December 13 2016 :  23:08:42  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually getting a bit into this now, though I want to see about those smaller units that are basically like an 18650 cut in half, same voltage but half the storage because the use is going to be stuffed into a tube that curls around for now, though I bought a bulk pack of step up converters (two bulk packs unfortunately as I thought I was buying what is in 49er's post that steps it dcwn to 4.2v to charge lithium ion batteries, but instead got a set that works on 2v I think and up and is adjustable up to 28 volts, and another pack that is set for 5v USB type output and can run off as little as .9v so I had to go back and get some of the step down charging units, (so it can be charged off a USB port) and ended up with these units that charge off 1a 5v but have two outputs one that supplies 5v 1a and one that puts out same voltage but 2 amps You must be logged in to see this link.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2