International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussions
 What they attach to iPhones
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SerenityAnsel2014

Philippines
17 Posts

Posted - October 14 2016 :  10:14:35  Show Profile Send SerenityAnsel2014 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you know what they call those things that they attach to iPhones to be able to accept credit card payments? My friend is considering getting them for the deliveries in her restaurant business. Any ideas?

SerenityAnsel2014

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - October 14 2016 :  17:03:50  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My understanding is it nothing more than a reader. You still need an app and a service to use.

I know MIT wrote a full article on it way back (think they missed out on developing) and didn't believe it would take-off (again, they missed the window of opportunity).

I do remember reading it and sorry couldn't find it in a quick search.
I also remember laughing as I read it, cause they missed it..

I see it as nothing more than another tool. Care would be advised to which service you use. Read that small print.
There is plenty of competition in this market now.
Choose wisely my friend.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

SerenityAnsel2014

Philippines
17 Posts

Posted - October 17 2016 :  19:06:31  Show Profile Send SerenityAnsel2014 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips. And its true that You must be logged in to see this link. need an app in addition to the reader.
Do you think they'd work well for deliveries?

SerenityAnsel2014
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - October 22 2016 :  09:01:41  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As long as you have Cell service, don't see why not..

I just had a cordwood delivery and the Guy had one on his phone.
I paid cash though, better deal!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4442 Posts

Posted - October 23 2016 :  11:05:20  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

Green or dry??

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - October 23 2016 :  14:39:58  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by 49er

Hi ODR

Green or dry??

Seasoned. LOL!
I so despise the word when used with cordwood. Meter says 28-30%, so that ain't dry.. Close though. I like (my stove likes) 18-22%.
Yet to weigh a couple of samples and really know. I have to believe weighing them is the only true way of knowing.

28% tells me it was dropped late last or early this year. Certainly wasn't spilt last year.
Believe he was truthful in dropped last year.

Smiled when he said I could charge it!
Showed him cash and got my discount.

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - October 30 2016 :  09:29:11  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You look into bitcoin?
It's another alternate to credit cards.

My understanding is the cost of use is on the payer.

Go to Top of Page

Elenor Schleicher

USA
21 Posts

Posted - February 13 2017 :  23:08:36  Show Profile Send Elenor Schleicher a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Sheena Ruiz

Philippines
28 Posts

Posted - March 02 2017 :  16:03:15  Show Profile Send Sheena Ruiz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's called a credit card reader

Sheena Ruiz
Go to Top of Page

Karen Stogz

USA
13 Posts

Posted - June 09 2017 :  02:51:30  Show Profile Send Karen Stogz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With one of these handy devices you can ditch your cash resister and accept credit and debit cards payments via your smartphone or tablet You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Luciano
Average Member

213 Posts

Posted - June 09 2017 :  03:16:49  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well when reading all this i am just wondering: do you still accept cash?

the other day i pulled up to a gas station it said: we dont accept cash.. only plastic!

I personally pay as little with cards as possible, cash only.
and allthough i live in a big city i am fine with it.
I dont like companies knowing what i buy in grocery shops etc...

The other day i got a bunch of commercials about cheap booze.. why? because i bought 10 bottles of black label in a store with my credit card. (no i am not an alcoholic the bottles were only half price)

I also dont use a smartphone i only have a nokia X2. (i did buy the last 5 of them on amazon so i still have 4 new ones in case mine gets broken)
Its the best phone i ever had.. i charge it once a week, it has increadible sound and i can actually phone people. (i do not write sms)

So to make a long story short, with all the new payment apps and stuff out there, make sure you allways still accept cash for people like me.

Luc
Go to Top of Page

wealthyoutraged

11 Posts

Posted - June 25 2017 :  19:37:38  Show Profile Send wealthyoutraged a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Samsung has this one as well. It's really convenient.
Go to Top of Page

Luna Hardee

9 Posts

Posted - November 02 2017 :  04:24:29  Show Profile Send Luna Hardee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Square Chip Card Reader is a good one and got lots of positive reviews.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.7 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2