International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Home Heating
 CHEAP HOME HEAT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

riddim

4 Posts

Posted - September 24 2016 :  07:42:54  Show Profile Send riddim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Published on Jan 30, 2016

you can make you own system. toroidal transformer for $xx can you buy here:
You must be logged in to see this link.

by about 460w consumption ,secondery coil = 935 amps .radiator reaches operating temperature 55c-65c after 10-15 minutes. if you put 1000W the radiator will reaches operating temperature after 5-7 minutes.increase in the frequency = effect increases. if you have ideas to improve the system,let me know or make a video with your idea"

i'd like to hear if anybody can comment on the numbers he mentioned. is it good efficiency say compared to an electric water heater?

or a plug in space heater?

and how about a means to playing with the frequency like higher freqs? what would be a way of generating higher frequencies in ac that still could provide the amps needed?

would this be easier to do with some type of pulsed dc system, or even work?

thanks!

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1433 Posts

Posted - October 23 2016 :  15:14:20  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you gone anywhere with this?

Back in my days of 'spinning' things and over heating coils, I wonder as well about this.
So I went downstairs to the winter workshop, and sure as heck, there it was. I had setup a coil that was over heating with some copper tubing to run some tests when I had a chance..

Never have gotten back to it, but there it sits.
Such low power consumption and so much heat.

Curious if you've chased this any further and how you're doing with it.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

Luna Hardee

6 Posts

Posted - June 16 2017 :  22:38:05  Show Profile Send Luna Hardee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a good read too....
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2