International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 Royer Oscillator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - December 29 2011 :  13:51:38  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found this circuit somewhere on the web a while back and unfortunately I can't remember where... or else I'd give credit ...

but, it is an application of the Royer oscillator which has been said to, in some cases anyway, self adjust to the resonant frequency of the coil involved, and whether that is the case, here... I don't know, but...

What this is, is, a circuit wherein 5V input will produce a very large step up, somewhere in the magnitude of 3-700 VDC (after rectification I am assuming..)

The transformers would be those HV types you'd find in the HV output stage for an LCD monitor.

The output was tested by the experimenter to produce two sine waves, 180 degrees out of phase, 0.6VDC in, 60 VAC RMS out. That is what I wrote in my notes.

*be careful if you play with this, it will be very high voltage!

This document shows how to test the transformers, but you need a ring tester to check the primary, properly, it seems (although you can just check the ohms... there is almost always two transformers to compare against each other, and, a short... is a short)

You must be logged in to see this link.

My particular interest lies in researching ways to build a mini onboard inverter for a small solar panel (6V 200mA) that would send its output to capacitors, then pulse high frequency, high voltage down its line. Whether this is viable, i do not know. It would also, possibly, be useful in an ionizer circuit.

Additional References:

Edited by - kcarring on December 29 2011 14:08:19

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - December 30 2011 :  06:23:18  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another Royer application

ron
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - January 16 2012 :  01:17:02  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ron_o

Another Royer application

ron

Cool. Zetex have such excellent application notes. Same with TI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - March 20 2012 :  13:58:59  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My next circuit build.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2