International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Magnetic Motors
 My Attempt at a Magnetic Motor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - July 04 2016 :  15:22:37  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good to see there is still activity here, been waiting to see if anyone still had time to work on things :)

Edited by - The_Architect on July 08 2016 03:37:58
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - September 12 2016 :  16:40:27  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

Here is a new one, see what you think?

You must be logged in to see this link.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 12 2016 :  17:59:36  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting in how it uses angles and what seems to be an additional magnet outside the array.

Issue one: Offset array like that works, but will not repeat for time. Stall happens. So 'if' real, it would have to do with that offset magnet.

Issue two: Look at his previous version. The 'good old computer fan' with magnets attached to the blades. I could send you a video of a guy that did that with stickers, but I'm sure you've seen it before.
He lost me right there.

I wrote him looking for a diagram, angles and parts.
Doubt I'll get a response..

Pro's of this: I hadn't thought of angles or an additional offset magnet to possibly cure the 'stall' condition.
So, even if a false, a new thought comes from it.

I still believe it's in shielding (or redirection, however you wish to term it) or equalization (meaning duel wheels).

The equalization thought has also been a bust for me (where I've been working).
As stated, equal, that 'stall' condition still occurs.

You would think that two magnets, on two different wheels, set at oppose, that will be attracted equally to a metal, then pass and oppose, would spin.
Issue, they're not attracted as strongly as opposed.
Stall.

The challenge continues!
Thank you for posting this!

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 13 2016 :  16:16:55  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I can't help myself here.. I've contacted him.
If you chase the link you'll see my comments and his responses.
I'm Uncle Bob on YouTube.

He claims he can no longer talk about it, but I've chased it backwards a bit.

Here's what I've learned:
"The size of the magnet I'm using is 45 mm, height 30 mm"
" 95 kg strength."
"To make it work, you have to have those special neodym magnets. They have to have very low profile and no common polarity. They must be polarized axially"
"Those aren't mono polar magnets :-) The trick is in polarity, shape and size of them. Combination of these things you can make it spinning."
"These aren't common neodyms with S and N pole"

This is an interesting comment and curious if anyone knows this guy.
"ScorchGD1 day ago (edited)

Hey Tech Torr. :)

Interesting statement regarding "non-homogeny material" as this appears to be a claim you have created a magnet, magnetic material and/or magnetic field that is completely NON uniform in some way. But this doesn't explain a whole lot as typical magnetic fields are not really uniform anyway. And simply placing a shield over a conventional magnet does remove any resemblance to uniformity by 'focusing' or at least changing the geometry of the magnetic vortex therefore a magnet stuck to a steel plate or placed inside a button is in fact "non-homogeny".

My assumption is that it's a material containing both magnetic and non magnetic materials in some type of mixture. Possibly some type of ferrofluid that was mixed and/or treated or 'activated' and the steel 'buttons' are merely part of the final form that serve as either a shield or mere mold or both. At which point this would be beyond my own capabilities for want of more specific details for the creation of this non-homogeny (homogeneity?) material...

Please keep up the excellent work and please let us all know more in the future when you are comfortable sharing more for the benefit of all. :)"

I posted this so it is not lost if true and a way for us to retrieve what was said.

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 13 2016 :  16:18:44  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like someone to come up and explain this 'non-homogeny' to us all.
Especially me.
I will dig into this learn, but if someone knows, please speak up.

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - September 14 2016 :  17:54:11  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR
I suspect that this is the use of the wrong word to describe a non-uniform magnetic field
ie a distorted field due possibly to the interaction of other mangets upon the prime
magnet

ron
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - September 14 2016 :  18:19:21  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOF WOF

My dog knows more than I do and I don't have a dog. LOL

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 14 2016 :  18:48:33  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ron_o

Hi ODR
I suspect that this is the use of the wrong word to describe a non-uniform magnetic field
ie a distorted field due possibly to the interaction of other mangets upon the prime
magnet

ron

To this I totally agree.
Distorted or re-directed.

'If' what he shows is real, it has to be:
A special magnet, as in correlated (?) or shielded in the ring.
Or the angles really mean something.

Angles I still see stall.
I like the idea and see promise, but.. still equalization.

With the primary being so strong..
Do you see any plausibility to this?
Without some sort of shielding (re-direction) of the field?

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 14 2016 :  18:52:02  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 49er

WOF WOF

My dog knows more than I do and I don't have a dog. LOL

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er

We're all learning here!
Why we're here!

Very interesting post and happy you brought it.
I was caught in my own 'stall' and needed a new boost!

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 15 2016 :  14:51:55  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An engineering friend explained to me about Correlated magnets and how it's done.
Also explained that to make this work as shown the outside ring of magnets would have to be correlated and that inside singular magnet (he explain why that is one) would be a normal axial polarized magnet (acting as the starter).

To correlate (homogenize or program) seems fairly simple. Drilling through the side of the magnet (half way in) and electric shock it. Formula he's verifying for me but on the idea of .001 mhz per 1/16" thickness. Negative line to the center and positive lines to end pole.
His statement was 'shock it' and 'Bam' your done.

Second critical point he made was the magnets must be button (round) and spaces is important. No greater than 7 degrees apart, drawing the lines from the center of the disc.

He was pretty funny when I showed him the video. "Ya, that works! Want me to show you why?"

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - September 15 2016 :  15:15:47  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So your going to make it?

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - September 15 2016 :  16:30:44  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR
Any chance of seeing that equation / formula please.
I don't get the 0.001mhz / 1/16 inch
ron
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 16 2016 :  07:02:10  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll pass along anything I learn as I get it. I also need to understand better the formula.

I was kinda hoping you had a handle on it Ron.

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 16 2016 :  07:03:18  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will attempt it as I understand more of it.

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - September 16 2016 :  07:16:53  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you , ODR
looking forward to seeing how it works out

BTW have you seen this site
Australian Magnetic Solutions
see Magnet Design section....calculator
All the best
ron
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 16 2016 :  07:22:16  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Russ over at RWG is also playing with these.

A little different then what I'm looking for, but would be a good contact to ask a few questions.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - September 16 2016 :  09:57:03  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

LOL I have learned more in that 1/2 hr than my dog knew in his life. I would say you have equipment to build but a lot of fun to be had.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 16 2016 :  14:23:57  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Ron and all.

Here's the formula better explained to me.

.001 (ohms) @ 60 htz per cycle (that's what the 1/16 was 16 cycles per inch)

Okay, clear as mud now?
I still haven't a clue what he's telling me...

Comes down to this.
I have my 1/4x1/4x 1/2 long neo's to play with.
I'll be drilling a hole at the halfway point and half way in.
I've been told, I can use 3 'C' size batteries and need 24 seconds to accomplish the effect.

Negative to the center, 2 positive leads to each end.

I'll give one a go and see what I get.

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - September 16 2016 :  17:10:21  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good God.. I'm going to need that paper everyone's using to show fields..
Were can I get some?

Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - September 17 2016 :  05:34:48  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR
Clear as mud sum's it up exactly so i'm going to have to wait and see.
I do not understand how a DC supply passing through a magnet for 24 seconds is connected to the frequency as stated , let alone the resistance value of 0.001 ohms
I can understand that a large enough current flowing throug the magnet could effect the
field properties of the treated magnet.
ron
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - November 04 2016 :  00:49:38  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
guess I have to go have a look at the video you are talking about,

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - November 04 2016 :  01:06:03  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok looking at it, I want to know why the "neodymium magnets" actually look like button cells squeezed into a 3D printed plastic shape, with a little space to spare under them? if they are button cells, a coil with a reed switch in the center connected between the wire and the cell at some point would indeed make that work, I would think. since the bigger magnet would activate the reed switch to allow power to flow through the coil magnetizing it, and causing it to rotate away where the switch directional pull would stop closing the loop for that coil and turn off the coil, while the next one would turn on. any thoughts?

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - November 04 2016 :  01:15:12  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HA I copied and am going to paste this as best I can but I think he might have let the cat out of the bag lol

Corey Barron 2 weeks ago
......what are the plastic magnet holder pieces called?
Tech Torr 2 weeks ago
......Probably wire holder.

second Youtube channel

Edited by - The_Architect on November 04 2016 01:16:08
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - December 13 2016 :  23:23:07  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ah ok I think I missed the second one about the poly magnets, I have something personally I am working on that should be a lot easier to obtain decent results from, and get resources to make too, instead of expensive new unmagnetized neo discs, plus it will allow for virtually any shape, just need to finish the new 3D printer that will have a laser head and CNC head on it :)

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - December 23 2016 :  07:29:14  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
set up a new topic in general discussions about the 3d printer I have working so far and some info on the second one that will be a combo laser cutting engraving system and CNC mill all in one with 5 extruder heads so 5 types of filament can be squeezed out into each layer, good for not only colors but material in the filament, for now though I have not gotten around to any magnetically chargeable filaments as that will have to wait till I have a filament making extruder for that, but it is coming and I have had quite a bit of success in powdering neo magnets with out demagnetizing the powder, so we will have printable magnets that can be pretty much printed in any shape or direction when done in a couple different materials, the draw back on what it can be in is heat, obviously if you want it in lexan we would have to use a solution based application instead of a fused filament or injection molded process cause that stuff takes over 300C to melt it to the point it can be fused and squeezed out of a nozzle, so some investigation into what can break it down and make a sort of paint or gel coating would be needed but once done the magnetic material can be re-oriented with the process I am working on into any shape desired

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2