International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Magnetic Motors
 My Attempt at a Magnetic Motor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - April 07 2016 :  17:58:12  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

Read #3
You must be logged in to see this link.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 13 2016 :  03:48:04  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
was anyone else having trouble yesterday, trying to log into and load the forums? was getting a 500 internal error message when it would load, just wondering if that is why there has been no more updates or anything since the 7th :(

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 13 2016 :  17:10:11  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You got through now..
I didn't login, so I don't know.

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - April 13 2016 :  17:50:36  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was on and off all day

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 13 2016 :  20:02:02  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah did not realize even that I had a double reply, ugh. so still waiting on a skype message from olddawg and anyone else wanting to talk magnetics and such :)

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 15 2016 :  16:39:55  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though I've been a bit busy as of late, always happy to talk magnetics'!

This I do consider a Group effort and wish it to stay as such.
Please do offer opinions, thoughts or practice.
You always have a 'curve' I haven't thought of.
Though sometimes beyond my pay grade... LOL

Let's keep this in the group please.

Skype me anytime, be aware we may end up talking sailboats...
RJ Howell on Skype
Believe it's the same on Viber, but I'll have to check.
Viber is always on. Seems that's the new way the Kiddo's are going.
And I have to stay in touch with the Kiddo's.
Skype is rarely on now...

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 18 2016 :  00:35:11  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sent a message through skype, not even heard of viber yet, will have to have a look at it

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 18 2016 :  15:22:32  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
set up viber but it requires you use a phone number that the program is on, so I will PM you my number I have it set up with.

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 18 2016 :  18:06:31  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Architect

sent a message through skype, not even heard of viber yet, will have to have a look at it

second Youtube channel

I like Skype mainly because you can send file as well.
Weird, didn't see your message.

Yet onward we go.

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 19 2016 :  21:12:57  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
maybe it was to the wrong person? went by location, using your website basics (which seems to be defunct now, but there is another website similar name and the email has olddawgsrule in the prefix.

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 19 2016 :  21:16:45  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh and sent a PM to you, with the specifics on which howell I sent that contact request to, now to go shake 49r cause I have an idea that he might be able to use to make some serious graphene from basics like sugar dehydrated by sulfuric acid. (bottom up approach minus the GO step)

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - April 25 2016 :  10:03:02  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

I ran across this artical and thought you might like it for your antiferrmagnetic behavior in cnt's. just more ideas. bottom of page 5.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 25 2016 :  16:49:52  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by 49er

Hi ODR

I ran across this artical and thought you might like it for your antiferrmagnetic behavior in cnt's. just more ideas. bottom of page 5.

Oh my.. I have some readin' and learnin' to do!

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 25 2016 :  17:06:39  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been quite busy with work and haven't had much time to experiment.
Yet with that said, I've eliminated a few of the basic's I've seen and still sit on the idea of a new material or approach.

This new article (to me) has such an approach.
Also seems to be along the lines of what Arch has been doing.

The approaches I have tried, I have not reported mainly because I didn't believe they could work.
No reason to waste anyone's time with them, but my own.

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 25 2016 :  17:43:54  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like I need to step into the Graphene world and explore a bit.
This where 'we' all need to lean upon Arch & 49'er.
They're ahead of us on this material and ways of using.

So let me start..
Graphene, oxidized or not, is carbon based.. correct?
Nothing added to it, just, how do I ask this, re-structured?

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 25 2016 :  17:44:08  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
if the approach is not easy to find an example of it not working, then it is totally worth posting so there is a reference on what NOT to do as well as results as they may be useful for others on a different process.

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 25 2016 :  18:06:48  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zinc, aluminum and air spaces make no differences.
No matter what thickness, or spacing (that I've tried)

I've used my Ferrite (been so good to me) in several different configurations (something I believe Howard Johnson did) and no effect.

I have skipped four magnets.
I have had a full revolutions of the wheel, but nothing that could sustain a third.
After re-checking the magnets, they lost magnetism.

This is the issue at hand.
How to shield (if possible) without losing magnetism.
Not absorb, but to re-direct.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - April 25 2016 :  23:54:50  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

I thought may be the round cylender shape and the jagged may give you a new way to look at what need. the shape in the cnt between anti and positive magnetisum seem to be only length and edge. S if they can see that at the namoparticals size and measure it, it should work for you.LOL I know dream on.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - April 26 2016 :  07:25:37  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by 49er

Hi ODR

I thought may be the round cylender shape and the jagged may give you a new way to look at what need. the shape in the cnt between anti and positive magnetisum seem to be only length and edge. S if they can see that at the namoparticals size and measure it, it should work for you.LOL I know dream on.

All thoughts (dreams) welcomed!

I've actually just started going to the yard and grabbing different minerals (rocks) and testing effects..
You want to talk about dreaming... LOL

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - April 27 2016 :  18:12:26  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
olddawsrule, you should have a look at wiki pages on minerals and what elements they are made of, then you might see more definitive info and ideas on what each of these items might do, I have been looking over fertilizers in this manner, and that is how I found out that I have the makings of phosphoric acid with in my reach, might not be food grade but it would be still pretty pure with nothing more than super phosphate fertilizer and drain cleaner (mono-calcium phosphate and sulfuric acid which combine to make calcium sulfate that is water insoluble and phosphoric acid left over (water soluble) in the solution :) ) if you hit wiki and look down the right side of the screen for elements it lets you know their magnetic ordering (para dia antiferri ferri or ferro magnetic) and each is a link in case you don't know or have forgotten what each is, though getting the strength of these items can be a chore, as I have been finding,)
though identifying minerals might be a chore too, so you can see what elements are in them. but I am guessing it will be well worth the effort if you find you have a valuable resource to energy research plentiful in your area. especially if we ever get that trading resources and skills (tool use and such) up and running like I want to do, complete with some of our labs having a video feed people can watch real time and maybe learn or send their input on things.

second Youtube channel

Edited by - The_Architect on April 27 2016 18:44:53
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  15:54:03  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My attempts at working on 'push force' and finding a shielding material is getting exhausting..

I do believe this is the better direction, yet I find I may need to change thought on this.

I'm about to run the experiments in, shall I say, reverse.

If it's 'push' then we don't need magnetics' on both sides.
We still need shielding.. diversion.. What ever you wish to call it.

I'm not giving in to mechanical as of yet!

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  20:53:06  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good to see you are still around lol, was beginning to think you had fallen off the edge of the earth.

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  15:27:14  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Edge? LOL. Though we we're pass that one..

Work has gone very weird, and since 34 families depend on me, well it's consumed a bit of time.
Then my daughter decided to buy some inexpensive furniture that need re-finishing..
Since Dad has nothing else to do..
Then there's what Wifey wishes..
Spring cleaning time..

Oh ya.. Somewhere in this what I wish to do..

No, didn't fall off the edge.
Just dealin' with life..

I really think I'm going to be busier in retirement!

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  15:43:10  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back to this.

I look at ideas from a logical point first.
Then comes math.

The 'push' has always been what 'I' see as logical.
I do believe the break though we're all looking for comes from this direction.

I have not found it.
I will continue to look and listen.

Pull.
No longer means we need magnetics on both sides.
Yet also reduces the amount of force.

I'm looking for this upcoming week to give me some time to play with this.

Bismuth, as I found, absorbs the field.
Curious what effect in this direction..

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  23:41:54  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol sorry the edge comment was just a phrase meaning dissappeared or something happened to you,ha ha , not meant to bring out any flat earth round earth debates or any nonsense, if I had meant to do that I would have used my stand by of "flat earth theory is getting more popular, gaining support for around the globe" ;)

as for the being so busy that it is hard to tell when one is coming or going, I totally understand. right now I am not that busy but I have been and will be so again :)

as for the bismuth I have been doing testing and not seen any sort of degradation to my magnets though I am using kidney magnets and little button magnets from (the first) hard drives and (the button magnets) name tags that got botched so the name plate company threw out the whole thing including the strip of plastic with three of these I think 3/8th inch by 1/16th of an inch neos. though my testing method is with a gram scale from china so who knows lol I will keep after it and use my balance scales I have when I get around to making some weights for the other side :)

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  17:30:40  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure as Murphy puts it...
Every time I throw something away, I find a use for it..

I just, last week threw away 6 dolly wheels.
Those ball-bearings, ya I could now use.
Figures..

I will come up with some more, probably tomorrow, the shop guy is worst then me on throwing things away.. Thank God he is.

I almost went hunting for the old case of BB's. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  17:52:34  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the bismuth derogation..

The scale I'm using is meant more for ounces then grams.
So it could be off a bit.
Yet if lose is greater or equal to half of the original..
Then I have to say something is happening.

I took two of my weakest magnets (neo's) and placed them on each side of my piece of bismuth.
That being 1/4" thick (actually 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/2)
I again lost half of the push after only 4 days.
Something is happening there.

Now, I have never taken two magnets and placed them in push and tested them after 4 days to see if they also lose as much power.
That would be interesting to see the result and compare.

Another day, another test.

Thoughts are running wild on this push theory.
I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it and suggestions, as always, are welcome.

Shielding/redirection may be simpler in this direction since it's dealing with only a magnet.

Onward we go!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  20:24:21  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you need more research on that stuff (book learning) LOL

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  05:12:11  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah I am not using any where near the amount of bismuth and the magnets never come into contact with anything greater than room temperature here, so not sure which it is, I guess I will have to take one of the blocks of it I have not powdered up yet, and try laying a magnet on top of it, and use another block of bismuth to sit on top of that

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  17:29:32  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ Doug.. Oh yes I do!

@ Arch.. I didn't find small amounts to do what I was looking for. I have paid close attention to what you said about heat. When I cast now, I use one of the 'defeated' magnets in the form so the one I actually use never gets near the heat.
Thank you for that advise!
I just didn't think about it.. Another reason I post and ask!

Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  18:44:16  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:)

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  20:13:53  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ODR
What about a peep hole of that stuff in front of your magnet that you can vary to your wheel and the magnet also??

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  18:09:51  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually looking the opposite way..

What of a 'peephole' around a piece of.. Something that is magnetic, yet not a magnet.

Since Bismuth seems to be drawing from, then can it be used to 'shield' something that is not.

Separation/contact of the Bismuth from the magnet.
Will the effect be less.. Has to be.
How much less.. That's the question.

Very good thought!
I like it!
Keep them coming!

I have a dolly wheel now to pull some decent size bearings from.

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 05 2016 :  15:25:09  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to say, we're in the busy season for work. So little time to play..

I did get my dolly wheels and with rain today and a few minutes to play, broke out the torch and opened them up.
Now I have bearings!
3/16" in size and should do the trick to experiment with some thoughts.

Since I can not yet touch the bearings, I'll update you on my BB test.

Using a BB and placing it along a ruler at what point does the BB react to the magnet?
I can reach 3/4", but not 11/16" without a solid reaction.
Baseline set.

Since I have forms of Bismuth made 1/4 x 1/2 x 1 let's give a 1/4" side a go.
Reacted at 5/8" (magnet to BB)
I still don't see Bismuth as the answer.

Roney used dead AA batteries (never did he define of what type, but do keep coming back this)
Using a dead AA battery I can get to 1/2" before reaction.

A 1/4" may not seem like much, but if the bearing is incased into say a 'AA' battery, could there be enough re-direction of field?

Two steps ahead of me right now:
First, open up a battery, dissect it and see for myself how I wish to proceed.
Second, hook a magnet on the side of a battery and test it's reaction. Will it drain the magnet as did the bismuth?

More to come.

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 05 2016 :  15:54:28  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am finding that using a piece of (magnetic material) attached to a magnet does allow the magnet flows to differ to a degree that can be the 'off-balance' we're looking for.

I'll attempt a drawing of what I'm seeing soon (hopefully).
And a sketch of what I'm thinking.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 06 2016 :  21:19:02  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All most time for a video??

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - June 10 2016 :  09:32:45  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
olddawgsrule did you have an issue with your skype account? I got a spam link to some sort of diet advert on there, and not sure how else to contact you since it might not be you on there, (ie, dont want to alert someone who has hijacked your account if that is what has happened.) and it seems no one ever reads their PMs here lol.

second Youtube channel
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 15 2016 :  16:06:47  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess it's Viber that's always on...

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 28 2016 :  15:07:54  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR

This video showed something I didn't know so lets see if you see the same thing.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 28 2016 :  17:59:10  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm only half way through and need to back up and do it again.
Pleased I picked the pole correct.
Curious if it changes south of the equator...
Or what it does at..

May have to bring Arch into this to test this since he's south of.

Looking forward to the rest.
Just have to back up and learn/understand some more before continuing.

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 28 2016 :  18:06:29  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The motion of the magnet, I believe according to where you are, makes sense to me.
Question becomes which direction according to what we trying to achieve.

I think I'm looking for mis-behavior in reaction and extorting it.
I like what he shows as a curve and need to understand it's strong and weakest points.

Thank you for sharing!

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 28 2016 :  18:45:09  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think its like a drain swirl above and below the equator. N. is clock wise. but what I was looking at was how the short curve by just changing direction. very interesting.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 29 2016 :  17:05:43  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's what I meant by mis-direction and learning the strong & weak points.

Seems 'we' did see the same thing of interest.
And something I also did not know.

Go to Top of Page

everetti

USA
6 Posts

Posted - June 29 2016 :  22:26:37  Show Profile Send everetti a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi guys, new member here. I have watched many YouTube videos showing the different magnetic motors and their exposure as frauds. what never changed for me was the concept of using magnetic forces to attract and repel. I was just driving down the road and thought of the motion of the engine. the pistons compress the fuel air mix and a spark set off a explosion that drives the piston away. this action when used in many different configurations has been very successful when creating motion.
now.... consider having cylindrical magnets polarized down the length top to bottom... side a attracts ..side b repels.. place them in a piston like harness but with a twist. have two sets of them... have the center of the engine the focus point of the attraction. attraction pulling them together... then SPIN them to their repelling side to push back out!
used in a series they would function as a motor.
I conceived of it but do not have the engineering knowledge to attempt it. the idea is to have the bottom of the magnets attached to the crankshaft on a moving platform that drives the generator and a second set of gears(?)attached to the top that can spin the magnet to the repel side. again with only my imagination I can only visualize the motor not build one.

Jenn Spencer
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 30 2016 :  13:38:41  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always like to hear new ideas, concepts and directions.
Keep them coming! This is how we all learn, create and improve.

The main issue I find is over-coming the equalization point of N/S.
This is what lead into experimenting with shielding (re-direction, or whatever one prefers to state it).

In your scenario, the trick would be achieving a point where it could not balance out.

Let's keep talking!

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - June 30 2016 :  18:09:15  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I drew it in Sketchup and looked at it.
First look is I see a balance no matter how many cylinders I apply.
Can't get pass the balance of N/S, I see stall.

Now, with that said, can an imbalance be created with the shaft?

In my mind it would have to osculate, meaning never coming back to the same position.
That would be an imbalance.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - June 30 2016 :  18:53:52  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
try 2 motors with 1 n/s and the other s/n tied together to the off set needed?

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - July 01 2016 :  02:10:02  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys
I have seen several designs for "piston"type magnetic motors
they all suffer from the attempt to shield the replusive similar
magnetic fields.
I once tried placing two coils between two like poles to produce attractive fields
but the energy required exceeded the energy output.....no surprises there
Also in piston typ
e designs the changing of direction of the piston introduces yet more losses

ron
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - July 01 2016 :  17:03:40  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest of the idea, I believe the mechanicals friction would be difficult to defeat.
The more mechanicals the more effort required and I've yet to get a full second spin with no mechanicals (short of a bearing).

The concept has validity in the ideal of opposing action.
I just don't see it on a straight line shaft.
Reason I offer the idea of oscillating (mis-spelled it bad before..)
Again, more mechanicals..

Even if you take two motors and oppose the actions to each other, would you not then hit an equalization of power?

I'm not even certain going an odd number could work..
Now look at how much mechanicals are involved..

Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - July 01 2016 :  17:16:40  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have another bench test to do.
This one drops back to another youtube video using two disc's with magnets.

The principal is re-direction of the field.
In theory, very good, but as shown too complex with mechanicals (that dam word again..).

I want to see if I can simply and get the required action.
I'll explain deeper as I get into the bench test.
Still in concept phase, yet to draw and analyze fully.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2