International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 GRAPHENE; Energy (EESD)
 Frist Super Cap with I L
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - January 06 2016 :  12:27:59  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

This will be my first cap. It will be made of Stainless steel mesh and Graphene paint. Will be using paper towel for holding the electrolyte to start and hold the hole thing together with a lamination. Hoping the Graphene comes in this week, but won't hold my breath. LOL Coming from China.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Luciano
Average Member

212 Posts

Posted - January 10 2016 :  01:43:30  Show Profile Send Luciano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
really curious how you succeed...
please make a video, sort of "making of" even if you fail.
Very interesting to see what works and what doesn't
Luc
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - January 10 2016 :  14:12:51  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you please share a link to where you got your graphene paint please Doug ?

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011
GOOGLE + desertexperimen-4332@pages.plusgoogle.com
You must be logged in to see this link. <-- this page will be discontinued in the next couple of weeks
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - January 10 2016 :  17:12:10  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kulity

I got graphene oxide from Ebay But they sent me graphite powder and I am mad but they haven't made good on it YET. Your question from what Robert Smith says you can add graphene to clear polyurethane and mix. We have been waiting for Brad to say how he is mixing his paint, but I am still going ahead with mine even without graphene. LOL just for the fun of it.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - January 11 2016 :  17:08:16  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I found this to make conductive paint, very interesting.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - January 15 2016 :  13:28:15  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I made the first cap yesterday and WOW it is working great. Charging is good but the discharge seams to double the time every 2 discharges. The last discharge was drawing 44ma at the end of the discharge. Will post a pic. of the beast later. I saw that TM had 120 cycles on his and his was still getting better every cycle.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - January 15 2016 :  16:03:20  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

Here is 3 pics.

These are the Electrodes and they have ground up Charcoal powder with paint added to it. I used even parts but should have went heaver on the paint. The resistance of each strip was around 13 ohms. Good?

8 LBs of water to hold with pressure on it.
I used a Ionic liquid for the electrolyte and it is all safe components. After the Stainless Steel gets here I will build the next one.

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - January 16 2016 :  14:57:23  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I have finished what I feel there is no more to be learned from this one. Very good info0 came from it. It went through 23 charge / discharge cycles and the last 4 charges sums it up. Drawing 84 ma for the hole discharge and a 15 volt charge for each cycle the time was the only variable, went like this.
10 min C / 38 min D
5 min C / 32 min D
1 min C / 16 min D
10 sec C / 8 min D

This was made with ground up charcoal (carbon) and polyurethane in equal part, but I would change that by 2 to 3 or even 2 to 4 parts because it need to have a better fluidity.

I used clear 2" packaging tape to hold it together and 2 pieces of 1/4" plastic with a gal of water for compression.

The electrolyte was a Ionic liquid made from glycerin and Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) so all parts of this is a SAFE project.

Discharge resistor was started with a 1/4 watt 100K next went to a 50K and when the time gets above 40 min. you will go find a 25K resistor but I ended up with a 5.6K 1/4 watt and that gave me the 84ma draw, you could get anything what will draw around that and get some of the same results. I only drew it down to .5v and stopped at that, but you can use what ever you want.

Have fun making this and try it

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2