International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Concept Ideas
 Piezo Crystal growth in a Vacuum, what will happen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - November 05 2015 :  02:06:03  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DAY ONE:
A new idea: so lately I have been working with growing piezo crystals. This time I am seeing if they will grow under a vacuum and will compare results with those grown in standard open atmosphere.

what's your thoughts ?
Will they grow bigger ?
Will we see more parasitic crystals ?
Will we get more energy from them ?

Post results in 24-48 hours

DAY TWO:
So the seals failed on the vacuum chamber, we'll revisit that, when I can find the right connections to use.. meanwhile I have figured out how to make super large crystals, I think, will post results soon...

DAY 9, so after much research and trials, we have discovered to grow large crystal, it is all to do with temperature, each mixture will be slightly different, but all hover around the 26-31 degree mark, 32 melts them back into solution, So I have now had this 1 seed growing for around 3 days, very few parasitic crystals have grown in the bottom while my seed is growing strong, so for this mix I believe I have found the right temp. as the matter is drawn out of the solution it will be necessary to make a new mixture and replace the seed into the new mixture, this is where having a good knowledge of the original mixture will be invaluable for mixing mixture.

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011
You must be logged in to see this link.
GOOGLE + desertexperimen-4332@pages.plusgoogle.com
You must be logged in to see this link. <-- this page will be discontinued in the next couple of weeks

Edited by - Kultus on November 14 2015 03:38:20

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 05 2015 :  08:56:53  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kultus

I think they will grow bigger. Good to see you again.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - November 07 2015 :  20:14:16  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Doug, Glad to finally have a life again lol .. back into my research full time again now :)

Quick follow up on this experiment, the seals on my Jar used as my vacuum chamber failed, I have gone out and bought some Ball Mason jars and I am thinking I will have to wonder down and see our old buddy Tinman and see if he can help me turn out some fittings, went to our local hardware and they have nothing suitable ... oh yea I live 2 miles away from Tinman now :p

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011
You must be logged in to see this link. <-- this page will be discontinued in the next couple of weeks
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 08 2015 :  18:48:23  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kultus

I flowed your move on Ytube very interesting. Looking to see where the crystal growing will go??

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - November 08 2015 :  20:07:10  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I will say for now is minds will be blown :) .... I'll also be trialing a new way to write to the forum, being I will update the opening thread so that all the important information doesn't get lost in the pages to follow.

Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - November 15 2015 :  16:00:14  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kultus

Can't wate

Doug
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

The_Architect
Average Member

USA
327 Posts

Posted - March 01 2016 :  02:13:38  Show Profile  Visit The_Architect's Homepage Send The_Architect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
something that might help since you are finding temp control is the solution, is hydrothermal synthesis. all this is, is having a long enough tube that one end can be cooler than the other end, so if you fill up a long metal tube (aluminum would be best but if you can get steel for the bottom and attach an aluminum tube to the top portion, you could get some serious temp differential from bottom to top, that way you can maintain your cooler temp at the top to grow the crystals, but warmer at the bottom causing any material you have down there (super saturate it so the water down there can not even contain it all, so it dissolves as more of the material is deposited on your crystals at the top) will keep dissolving into your mixture, good luck can not wait to see what new stuff comes of this :)

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2