International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Tesla Projects
 tesla's "real" pancake coil
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bac

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - February 23 2015 :  15:27:26  Show Profile Send Bac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im not talking about winding a wire into a palm size coil.
has anyone made a coil like what Tesla had on his wall?
to many people have opinions on it but who has made it?
I cant find anyone that has made anything simular.
this was Teslas pride and joy, why is no one investigating it?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Bac

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - February 23 2015 :  16:37:03  Show Profile Send Bac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a nice coil that worked well. around 1m across
ran from a joul theif/slider micro oscillator
thanks Slider ;)
it amazed me and everyone that seen it... (it was pulled apart)
the outer coil generated 150v and the extra coil generated 150v also, all ran from a AA battery, so 300v all up.
when hooked up with a ground and ran from 12v the extra coils cap bank arced out and became a spark gap
I will rebuild it soon,i have the board and wire. I also have a scope now but not sure how to use it properly? so will need some help with that
if anyone is interested, ill build but need some help testing it

Edited by - Bac on February 23 2015 17:02:05
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - February 23 2015 :  16:58:57  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Bac

You build it and they will come. LOL What coil did Tesla have on his wall????

\Doug
Go to Top of Page

Bac

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - February 23 2015 :  17:26:04  Show Profile Send Bac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what did Tesla have on his wall?? that is the question and I would love to know? I don't think anyone will ever know?, I need ideas from others with that 1, I have a few ideas but need input.
I had something that looked like it but I know didn't work in the same way.
if the centre was used as a joul theif the outer coil or what could be used as primary would generate 150v and the extra coil that was wound in the spiral also generated 150v.
when using the primary with 12v, the extra coil attached with ground became a spark gap
hope that makes more sence?
it was made with 20 wires, so being bifilar there was 2x10 wires, plus 1 wire in the spiral and a primary on the out side, I used it as a joule theif most times and the primary was a pick up coil.
before I rebuild id like some input, should I rebuild as I had it in the first place? or are there any other ideas?

Edited by - Bac on February 23 2015 17:57:39
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - February 24 2015 :  15:11:43  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Bac
So exactly what did Tesla have on his wall? to attempt to answer your question we need to ask a question:-
Where have you seen the image with the "object" on the wall ?

ron
Go to Top of Page

Bac

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - February 25 2015 :  03:55:26  Show Profile Send Bac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
google images, he is sitting in front of it reading his book
Go to Top of Page

benz247

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - February 25 2015 :  17:24:17  Show Profile Send benz247 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this the coil your talking about?
Go to Top of Page

ron_o

United Kingdom
1052 Posts

Posted - February 25 2015 :  17:56:10  Show Profile Send ron_o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks like the "flat" version of the dare i say "standard" Tesla coil.
Eric P Dollard , experimented with electrical power transmission using a similar arangement to the above photograph ( it's on youtube )

ron

Go to Top of Page

Kultus

Australia
614 Posts

Posted - March 13 2015 :  00:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Kultus's Homepage Send Kultus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Follow the dates of Patents filed Tesla, you will soon learn Tesla didn't care about Pancake coils in his design for wardenclyffe, they were by then a thing of the past to him, he was by that stage coupling coils, the true transmitter has 3 coils on it not 2 and no pancake to be seen anywhere in the design, further more 2 of the coils are constructed from a single length of copper wire yet treated and wound as 2 separate coils ... in Short, I would have built one if I thought it was correlation to the replication, but it would seem not

Never give up, it only takes one crazy Idea to go right, and your not so crazy any more - Kultus 2011
You must be logged in to see this link.
GOOGLE + desertexperimen-4332@pages.plusgoogle.com
You must be logged in to see this link. <-- this page will be discontinued in the next couple of weeks
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2