International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 HHO and Water
 12V radiant electrolysis: smokey bubble at 60m
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sac

Indonesia
34 Posts

Posted - October 22 2014 :  03:07:57  Show Profile Send sac a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This is an experiment to compare the gas output of radiant circuit. Here is the diagram:

The stingo zapper circuit only act as a trigger so I do not include its power consumption, also because it run at the lowest output setting, which may allow it to run the whole day with two 1000mAh battery.

At first I use rectified output. Which produce smokey bubble with 60mA at 12V input. Here is the scope shot of the cell:

At minute 1:33 I use the coil voltage. It do not produce bubble, or hardly noticeable, at 90mA at 12V input. Here is the scope shot of the cell:

At minute 2:28 I revert it again, to use the rectified output. I also show the bubble generation from the top to allow better understanding of the bubble generation speed.

Strangely even when it use the diode output, the waveform is not DC, but AC. There is a brief reverse voltage spike before the diode kick in. This reverse spike seems to release the big bubble so there is no bubble build up at the cell.

With the rectified output, the cell only experience the negative voltage momentarily, before the diode kick in to stop the reverse voltage, we see the reverse voltage as spike.

With coil output, the cell experience the reverse voltage (the source voltage) longer. The consumption increase because the source must power both the coil and the cell. The cell experience spike voltage for 45%, then experience the source voltage for 55%. This prevent electrolysis from happening.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2