International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Green Products
 Electric
 The electric scooters.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 03 2014 :  02:11:16  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So i bought these two scooters on an online auction for $300.00(both).I managed to recon the batteries in the blue one,but as you will see in the up and comeing video,the batteries in the red one were shot.So i went and bought 4 new SLA's(12 volt 12 amp hour)at a cost of $200.00. So now we are going to do a comparison test between new and recon battries.

The batteries in the blue one,had a total voltage of 13.6 when we got the scooter's-so very low compaired to the 48 volt's they should have been. I peeled the top's of the batteries,and topped them up with distilled water,as they were completly dry.Each battery took about 250ml.Then i placed them on my SSPC (super simple pulse charger)for around 10 hour's.(I will add the SSPC onto the end of the video-along with schematic)I then rode the scooter around the block for a couple of lap's,until the batteries were near flat.I once again charged them with the SSPC,and next ride i got double the time.The scooter will now do around 25km on a single charge-so not to bad.Anyway,the video of the first run between the two scooters will be up by todays end,and we will see how the two compare.

swim at 90 degrees to the current and gain speed in two directions

skype-thetinman.69

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - May 05 2014 :  09:51:33  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

That's what Bedini found out when he charged the golf cart every day and road it 5 miles. Then the weekend can and 2 days off and Monday morning came and its back to the beginning again. But this is what we can do to find the best charge of batteries. The neg charge has its place in the universe and I think its after the battery falls flat and can't go back to a pos. charge at least you can use it and not have to junk it. Time will tell on this one.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  08:58:28  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Slight delay Doug-the charger for the red one is U.S. I have to build another charger first,or try and repair the one i have. Looks like it's been for a swim or got wet,as it has that nice green colored corosion all through it.So it will be a saturday project,as im working 15 hour day's ATM.

The blue one(my son has claimed lol)is doing supprisingly well,concidering the batteries were sitting for over a year flat.Being SLA's,i had to leaver the top's off to get to the cap's. Each battery took around 220ml's of distilled water.I then replaced the rubber cap's,and glued the lids back on.Gave them about 5 to 6 hours on the SSPC,then took it for a ride.Got about 10 minutes out of the first ride-then recharged again,and got about 15 out of the next ride.Now(after several charge/discharge cycle's,it will go around 20KM's-not bad at all i think.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4443 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  09:05:29  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi TM

That sounds just great. What was the length of KM they were going to go when new??

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
You must be logged in to see this link.
SKYPE doug.bennett49er
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  09:42:24  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
25km if kept at or under 30kph.These thing's will do 40kph flat out.
New circuit board for the charger is half done,so it's looking good for the weekend. Still pulse charging the old batteries in the blue one,so we shall see come the weekend.

skype-thetinman.69
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2