International Alternative Energy Center
International Alternative Energy Center
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forums
 Circuits and Diagrams
 2 Transistor Motor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - December 25 2011 :  10:29:18  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody...

Here is a pulse circuit that is a charging beast...

~~~Life's greatest FAILURE is not learning from our MISTAKES!~~~

Good Experimenting...
Poppy

Edited by - Poppy on May 22 2012 11:48:35

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - December 25 2011 :  14:56:39  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy, thanks for taking the time to post all your diagrams and circuits ^^

TimberJack

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

TinMan
Advanced Member

4082 Posts

Posted - December 25 2011 :  19:10:47  Show Profile Send TinMan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi poppy- looks good, but are the neons suppose to be hooked to collector and base? Or should it be collector to emitter?
Anyway this looks like a really simple but effective circuit, and we all like simple lol

Remember-when you make a mistake you have just learned how not to do it.This only brings you one step closser to success.The only way to fail is to never try>>>>TinMan<<<<
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - December 27 2011 :  00:13:23  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tinman...

I believe you are correct. Thanks!

~~~Life's greatest FAILURE is not learning for our MISTAKES!~~~

Good Experimenting...
Poppy
Go to Top of Page

kcarring

Canada
1057 Posts

Posted - February 03 2012 :  01:22:02  Show Profile Send kcarring a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@poppy Does this configuration also self oscillate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wouldn't laugh at my igloo if you knew how cold my beer is!
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 03 2012 :  23:20:59  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi kcarring...

Don't know, I've never had a circuit self-oscillate.

Good Experimenting...
Poppy
Go to Top of Page

topper

34 Posts

Posted - February 04 2012 :  13:44:42  Show Profile Send topper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Very nice setup poppy. I wonder if in that setup wont mind putting ER1 and ER2 through a separate FWBR to increase output?.

Topper
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 04 2012 :  15:05:47  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Topper...

Welcome to IAEC!

You'll have to give it a try and let us know what the results are.

Good Experimenting...
Poppy
Go to Top of Page

OsoGrande

1 Posts

Posted - February 09 2012 :  12:56:22  Show Profile Send OsoGrande a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All:
I am new to the site and to alternate energy so I am currently on a learning curve. I am in the process of building a Bedini SSG to try to understand what is going on with these types of circuits.

Topper: Excuse my ignorance but what is a FWBR? That is a new acronym for me.

Poppy: I have been following your videos on You Tube. I really like what you are doing. I hope soon to be in a position to try to replicate some of your stuff.

Looking forward to playing with these circuits and seeing where it takes me.

OsoGrande
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - February 09 2012 :  14:22:58  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woho, one I can answer and thanks to you folks at IAEC!

@Oso, FWBR means full wave bridge rectifier

Look here (where I did to find meaning)

Ya, I know, still might mean a lot right now (didn't for me), but wait for it..
Ask these folks and they'll teach you and next you know...

Well,,, where I'm at now, building circuits and probably learning from you!

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - February 09 2012 :  15:32:51  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi OsoGrande...

Welcome to IAEC!

Happy to hear you are starting to build your own SSG. The folks here are quite knowledgeable and will be happy to help your project along in any way. The learning and building is worth it all when you give the rotor a spin and it keeps going on its own and even speeds up.

I appreciate you following me on Youtube and hope you'll be successful in what you are trying to attain.

Good Experimenting...
Poppy

Go to Top of Page

iaec
Forum Admin

1033 Posts

Posted - February 09 2012 :  15:37:20  Show Profile Send iaec a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Grande, welcome on board :)

Here you will get all the help needed to get your first SSG up and running in no time...^^

TimberJack

***Possibilities Within The Impossible***

Go to Top of Page

netchecker007

Austria
132 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  18:08:40  Show Profile Send netchecker007 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Poppy,

first of all, thank you for replying me on youtube.

I wrote, that i´m going to rebuilt the sampu express,
then I thought, OK, maybe I schoult try a smaller one.
Now I rebuilt the 2 transistor version, but I did something wrong.
Smoking transistors and resistors. I made something wrong
when I combines the coil cables - and to be honest, I didn´t
figure out how the coils have to be connected.
I´ve two bifilar wound coils, each with around 900 turns, each one
with ST/ET/SR/ER, but in the digramm is only one ST/ET and then SR1/ER1 and SR2/ER2 ...

Can you please help me how I´ve to connect them - maybe a diagramm?

The first SSG was easy - the secound one .... hmmmm ... was smoking..

Greetings,

netchecker
Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  20:19:32  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Netchecker
Burning up transistors is something Ive gotten very good at. Not seeing your set up its hard to say but Ill take a stab at it. First only use 1 trigger, then basicly I hook the second run coil parallel to the first. ER from each coil to "C" on each transistor. Also as TM said the neon goes across C&E. Might look through SD3T's thread, You must be logged in to see this link. its how he started.

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

49er
Administrator

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  21:02:18  Show Profile Send 49er a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Netchecker

If you could post a pic or video of your motor up on your own thread in PULSE MOTOR then we can help you more. We don't look here for helping people this is for laying out circuits and diagrams. You did nothing wrong it is just easer for us to find someone with a problem and everyone likes to help, so start a new thread of your own in the motor section and later if you think the name is wrong you can just change the thread heading for only you can do that. Good luck with your build.

Doug
The sky is not the limit...There are footprints on the MOON.
Your only as DUMB as where your standing.
No matter where you go there you are.
SKYPE bxx49er
Go to Top of Page

olddawgsrule
Advanced Member

USA
1434 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  17:06:22  Show Profile  Visit olddawgsrule's Homepage Send olddawgsrule a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You continue to amaze me Poppy!

Link up the video if you've done one on this so I may see it.

Curious (as always with your stuff), How are the coils done up?

Old in age, not in mind, so
'Teach me something new'!

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  23:14:29  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ODR...

Here is the 2 transistor motor in action.

If you look real close at the circuit you'll see I didn't use neon bulbs. It is not necessary if you connect the charge battery first and do not disconnect it while the motor runs.

The coils are wrapped with 2 sizes of wire the larger for the run first with about 800 turns and smaller wire for the trigger of about 400 turns over the run coil. The core is 0.5" pvc pipe filled with coat hanger wire cut to length. The core is about 2.75" long with the ends of 2.5". The wire was from the degaussing coil and yoke coil of a computer monitor. The same size wire can be used for both the run and trigger coils.

The FWBR is connected to the SR of coil 1 and ER of coil 2.

HAVE FUN!

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  06:25:32  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

This is really nice setup but can you draw the circuit with the FWBR on because it seems that I can't follow you with that because topper suggest to hook ER1 and ER2 throw the FWBR and now you hook it from SR1 and ER2 so it means to me that you had try his way and didn't work and now you are trying your way or what I am a little bit confused ,so if you can draw the cercuit that will fix every thing.
I can't wait to replicate your circuit.

Ehsan

"Take the wisdom even from the mouths of the insane"
Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  06:41:31  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

One quick question what if we litz both wires instead of wripped the trigger
Over the Run would it be butter?
Thank you

Ehsan

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  08:35:26  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi esm1704...

Use an AC voltmeter to measure the voltage between different points, ER1 to ER2, SR1 to SR2, ST to SR1, ER1 to SR2 etc. and see where you get the most voltage produced; then connect your FWBR to those points.

As far as wrapping the coil you can use a standard bifilar winding both trigger and run wires at the same time or you can use the Tinman method by wrapping the trigger wire first with the run wire over that or you can wrap them like I do with the run wire first with the trigger wire over that, your choice.

Go to Top of Page

msmjr
Average Member

USA
444 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  08:37:07  Show Profile Send msmjr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Ehsan
Layering actualy seems to give better results than Litzing and or bifiler. Most of my coils have 2 runs with trigger wound between them.
Besides its a lot easyer to recover or change around if your trying different things.
Poppy; thats interesting that the rotor doesnt slow down, with a constant load mine all came to a halt but Ive never tried the SR of 1 and the ER of another.
Guess I have to dig my 2 coiler back out and try this.

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up......optional.
He is wise who gains wisdom from another's mishaps.
—Plutius Syrus
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  08:42:01  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi msmjr...

It seems that the correct connection point varies from motor to motor. I have experienced the stopped rotor connecting a FWBR to the circuit and like this motor no slow down at all. Experimentation is the one true test of each motor.

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  17:21:11  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

Thanks that's make sense .

Ehsan

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  17:29:47  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi msmjr

Thank you ,yes you are correct layering is easy
and you Can use the wire again by remove it from
The coil easily , I never wrapp a coil by
Layering but I know how it's defficul to litz
Wires so this time I will do it as Poppy did.

Ehsan

Edited by - esm1704 on May 17 2012 17:31:02
Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  08:37:55  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

It's been two days and I have been trying to run this rotor and it seems that I couldn't find the right oscillating to run the motor I am using two 2n3055 and two coils the first coil is two wires 800 turn of 23,26 #AWG and then I wrapped over it one wire 23#AWG and the two wires are litz together and connected from the both ends to used as a run coil and the second coil is same like the first on also two wires connected from both sides to be as a second run coil and my rotor is a big one 10 inch with eight neodymium magnet I hooked every thing according to the circuit but even when I rotet the rotor with my hand fast I couldn't see any increasing in the charge battery .
But today just befor I post this replay I watch your video for the third time I have noticed that you said that you used 100ohm resistor in series with the two parallel 100 ohm resistors and in your diagram the value for this resistor was 200ohm which I am using right now so which one is the correct ?

Ehsan

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  21:01:15  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ehsan...

The two 100 ohm resistors are in series connecting the 2 transistor bases together. The 200 ohm resistor is at the connection point of the 2 100 ohm resistors and to the 1K pot. If everything is running correctly you can remove the pot from the circuit. The neon bulbs should be connected between the emitter and collector. If the 200 ohm resistor is not working then try a 100 ohm or 50 ohm to see if that helps. The pot should be set to zero ohms to start the motor then adjust as needed.

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  11:47:06  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everybody...

I redrew the diagram to make it easier to read.

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  18:05:13  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

Thanks for your input , I tried to run the motor but it didn't run for the setup I had so I back to the normal setup I mean the coil the problem was with coil it never run with 400turn for the trigger an 800 turn for the run so I used an old coil I have since my replication on your sampo express and when I hooked it up it run right away so the next step was to hook up the second run coil and run the motor and it did run from the first try and the motor increased it speed as expected and the I took all the reading as you you said and I found the max voltage was between ET and ER1so I connect these to points to the FWBR and here start the problem where to connect the output of the FWBR and since you didn't mention that so began to try first I connect it across the RUN Battery and the motor dramatically slow down but it didn't stop and the voltage of the run battery start to increase but not as it was in your video and the voltage of the charge battery decreases ,and when I connect it to the charge battery the motor stop and when I connect it to the - signe of the run battery and the + signe of the charge battery the motor slow down to the half speed and the run battery voltage increase and the charge voltage decrees .
So I get depress because I either didnt understand your experement or miss understand
Something here.
So now I need your help to understand the circuit because I understand from the video you are charging the charge battery and the run battery at the same time the FWBR charging the run battery and from the diodes to charge the charge battery am I right ?
Thank you for your input in advance .

Ehsan

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  22:14:57  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ehsan...

The video shows two CHARGE Batteries the run battery is not being shown. I am using 1 run battery to charge 2 other batteries at the same time. One is connected to the normal motor out and the other is connected to the output of the FWBR. If you don't have three batteries use a 12 volt DC adapter to run the motor. Don't try to charge the wall adapter. Hopefully that clears up any confusion.

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  04:55:32  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

Thank you for the clearing that's explean every thing but I forget to mention that I already try charging the third battery from the FWBR that battery was charging so fast as it shows in your video but the battery that I am charging from the normal circuit start to drop down it voltage so I did that test already .

Ehsan

Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  08:05:37  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ehsan...

Does the motor charge your battery from the normal output without the FWBR connected?

If it does then determine which two points have the second highest AC output and use them to charge the secondary battery. You can also use the coil not being used (the trigger of the second coil) to connect your FWBR or a voltage doubler to charge the second battery or even a third battery.

Adjust the pot for the best charging output from the motor using only 1 charge battery.

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  12:39:21  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

The motor charge the battery from the normal charge and I did already connect the the second coil to the FWBR and it didn't make good charging because the voltage on the out put of the coil was 9.7v .

Ehsan

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  12:46:41  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

Regarding the points that give the highest AC voltage I told that I did that and these points give a fast charge on the third battery but at the same time it decrease the voltage of the charging battery and the primary battery.

Ehsan

Edited by - esm1704 on May 23 2012 12:47:38
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  14:51:41  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ehsan...

Build a Voltage Doubler and try it instead of the FWBR it will probably give better results. The diagram is in this section under Voltage Pumps.

Go to Top of Page

esm1704

Sweden
74 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  16:03:03  Show Profile Send esm1704 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Poppy

Yes you are right I should think about that from the beginning I will try that tomorrow .
Thank you

Ehsan

Go to Top of Page

mehran4868

79 Posts

Posted - July 22 2012 :  12:06:12  Show Profile Send mehran4868 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Poppy,
I know this question is very basic but I did not know because I asked,
Following your diagram (Voltage Pump/Voltage Doubler),i do not know how should they be wiring in the thedafman diagram ?

Thank you
Mehran
Go to Top of Page

Poppy
Average Member

USA
418 Posts

Posted - July 22 2012 :  17:59:47  Show Profile Send Poppy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mehran4868...

Using an AC voltmeter measure different points on the circuit, st to er, et to sr, + charge to + run etc. until you find the greatest AC output voltage. Then connect those points to the Voltage Doubler marked to AC source. It will take a little trial and error but you will quickly know what is best.

Go to Top of Page

mehran4868

79 Posts

Posted - July 23 2012 :  02:18:36  Show Profile Send mehran4868 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi poppy,
Thank you for your kind reply.
i am going to do.

Mehran
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
International Alternative Energy Center © 2000-2009 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2